Ezzie Brown profile photo

HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL DAY

Posted

ITS TODAY......................BIT LATE ON I KNOW ............but  its been on my mind all day.............So if this makes some of us pause and reflect for a moment then thats all i hope for...........x

• Up vote 12

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

My Godmother was one of the original 'kinder children' arriving from Austria in 1938 aged 9.

Unfortunately some of her family were not so lucky and perished under the Nazi regime.

Terrible times and events that should never be forgotten.

• Up vote 9

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I have a friend that lives about a mile away, she's now 92 and managed to escape with her little sister, helped by a German soldier who was a friend of the family, her stories are amazing, frightening and very humbling.

• Up vote 7

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

If I heard it correctly ,on the bbc news last night that a survey carried out in Britain recently said that 1in 20 didn’t believe that up to 6 million wasn’t slaughtered by the nazis , as if 2/3 million makes it any better! . Shameful. 

• Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Incidentally my old neighbour was married to a German lady who he met whilst over there in the war , she confirmed enough for me , her family was ripped apart for their political stance against the nazis , her father was executed for anti nazi beliefs, she told me how they shot their house to pieces with machine guns when they came for her dad . 

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

The Holocaust. Hard to find the words really. Looking at some of the harrowing pictures, the bodies, the tiny little shoes of small children and babies, suitcases.............it's heart breaking. May it never be forgotten and pray that it never happens again.  

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've been to the site of the Belsen camp, a ghastly eerie place where there was no birdsong, the deniers should be made to visit such places until they accept the truth. 

• Up vote 7

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Stains on humanity such as this also inspires great things in others. Bravery, compassion and love.  

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Apologies for the double post - something went wrong. 

Edited by Peter99

• Up vote 6

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, Colnago said:

If I heard it correctly ,on the bbc news last night that a survey carried out in Britain recently said that 1in 20 didn’t believe that up to 6 million wasn’t slaughtered by the nazis , as if 2/3 million makes it any better! . Shameful. 

You did hear correctly.  1 in 20 . Where have they got there obviously incorrect information from is a issue that needs sorting or are they right wing fascists that are in denial regardless. Does anyone know where the survey was conducted  ? I'm proud to share my birthday with such a day. 

Ste

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
6 hours ago, JulianB said:

My Godmother was one of the original 'kinder children' arriving from Austria in 1938 aged 9.

Unfortunately some of her family were not so lucky and perished under the Nazi regime.

Terrible times and events that should never be forgotten.

Can't believe this. Just been informed she passed away yesterday, Holocaust Day aged 89😭

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
56 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

You did hear correctly.  1 in 20 . Where have they got there obviously incorrect information from is a issue that needs sorting or are they right wing fascists that are in denial regardless. Does anyone know where the survey was conducted  ? I'm proud to share my birthday with such a day. 

Ste

Steve the poll was undertaken by the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust and whilst a small poll of 2,000 there are some other worrying aspects to the poll. You can find more on line. There are certainly great levels of ingorance amongst the pollsters and unfortunately there are still many on the far right who promulgate that it never existed, David Irving being the main architect in the past who was quite rightly sent down for his activities

PS Belated birthday wishes. Vance Competition Ain't Nothin' - Carlton Club 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, JulianB said:

Can't believe this. Just been informed she passed away yesterday, Holocaust Day aged 89😭

Terribly sad, but think of what might have been, you were blessed with having a godmother with real history.

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 hours ago, JulianB said:

Julian.  That's so poignant. It made Lou cry. My she finally rest on peace.

Ste 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

When I was 15yo I visited Dachau one of the early camps built in 1933 to house political prisoners a horifiying place that has stayed with me ever since . 

At the time of my visit a former Jewish prisoner was on site recalling events daily and had been doing it since the camp was liberated some 30 odd years before .

Awfull things happen all the time but the systematic industrial slaughter of six million Jews must never be forgoten and the philosophy that allowed that ideology to prosper must allways be challenged .

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Last night I watched a documentary called Holocaust:Night Will Fall,it was about the liberation of the

Nazi Death and Concentration camps by the British,American,Russian and supporting Allied Forces.

It showed the hell that was happening committed by the evil Nazi regime in clear detail and unseen

footage was also used,it was pure evil and atrocities were happening every day by SS Officers,guards

and others who they supervised.

I have visited Auschwitz and toured camps one and two recently,i will be returning to see camp three

in the future.The sites are basically untouched and are viewed as they were when the poor victims

entered this grim place,apart from the Gas Chambers and Crematoria in Birkenau,the Nazis destroyed

them near the Liberation.However,the smaller Gas Chamber and Crematoria is still in place in site

one and is untouched,it is very clear and sobering what happened.

I also visited Plaszow concentration camp remains and memorial to pay my respects to the fallen

as I did in Auschwitz,again very sobering.

The non-believers and deniers should be made to watch the documentary and taken to Auschwitz

to view everything in detail,they should be educated comprehensively so that there is no doubt at all.

I mention Auschwitz because the site is unchanged and provides a detailed education experience.

Most of the Auschwitz 7000 SS Officers and guards escaped justice and went back to normal lives,they should

be hunted down no matter how old they are to face the full justice for the victims.

The same goes for all Nazis who committed the same crimes.

There will always be Nazi supporters and deniers,they should be dealt with by the full law

of their Country,the Human Race must be strong and stamp out the Nazi evil always.

• Up vote 7

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
On ‎28‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 14:47, JulianB said:

Hi Julian ,I hope you are both well. I lost 2 great aunties from The Netherlands,and my mother spent 5 years as a teenager under Nazi rule

in occupied Netherlands. One day a knock came to my mothers house  in the Hague where she lived with her family and two german soldiers were at the door and said  Nalus my Mothers younger brother had to go with them. they never saw him again. as far as im aware my mothers family were all arian Dutch, but never got to know the reason why my great Aunties were taken to a concentration camp.Whilst this has no direct link with Holocaust day, the war did affect many people all over the world and just thought I'd share this

Regards Fred.

Edited by Mr Fred
  • Up vote 7

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Its painful but heartwarming  to see the accounts posted on here and  scary to hear of the 1 in 20 statistic. Its so important that we NEVER allow that tragic stain on history to be forgotten or dismissed by those who would gladly see it returned. Soul music would be on their hit list for a 'Aryan ' vision . Im not one to advocate violence but this song by a band I used to follow displays the sense of determination shown at Cable Street which will hopefully ensure we never risk it infecting the hearts and minds of future generations . We owe it to those who died in camps or WW2. Also check out The Style Council's : Ghosts of Dachau, a moving tribute . Keep the Faith and Non Pasaran . ! 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

my mum who died last year aged 93 used to tell us she remembered seeing the blackshirt fascists marching and fighting in hoxton  in the east end when she was a child.........and my uncle was in a british unit that discovered one of the major camps at the end of the war......the family said he never spoke of it but was a differant man from then on...............we must remember and tell your kids about it ......... .........

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

the spanish civil war is another outrage that people should know more about.............and repression in poland throughout the early 20th century by all its neighbours ....i could go on ..............

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 28/01/2019 at 02:30, Colnago said:

6 million was JUST The Jews, alone (including half my extended family).  Don't let those bigoted revisionists tell you it was only in the 10,000s.  Add to that figure 60,000 Gypsies, 2,500,000 Poles, a few million Russians, and millions of other European civilians (including several thousand Dutch people in the cold winter of 1944, when The Germans took most of the food out of the country, to give to their own soldiers and people in Germany).   

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
15 hours ago, RobbK said:

6 million was JUST The Jews, alone (including half my extended family).  Don't let those bigoted revisionists tell you it was only in the 10,000s.  Add to that figure 60,000 Gypsies, 2,500,000 Poles, a few million Russians, and millions of other European civilians (including several thousand Dutch people in the cold winter of 1944, when The Germans took most of the food out of the country, to give to their own soldiers and people in Germany).   

Robb , I was going to give a ‘ like ‘ for the above but it just doesn’t fit with the topic, yes we must be on our guard against the revisionist with their warped   thinking. 

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

1. Darrell Banks Memorial

• 11 posts
    • 1058 reads
    • soul45s
    • 18 Jul 2004
    • 1 posts
    • 352 reads
    • 08 Dec 2005
    • 1 posts
    • 355 reads
    • 19 Feb 2006
    • 25 posts
    • 2280 reads
    • RnB Rookie
    • 14 May 2005
    • 4 posts
    • 720 reads
    • Chris L
    • 20 Mar 2006
  2. Jim's Memorial Nite

• 19 posts
    • 1124 reads
    • 19 Nov 2007

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.