ezzie brown

HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL DAY

Incidentally my old neighbour was married to a German lady who he met whilst over there in the war , she confirmed enough for me , her family was ripped apart for their political stance against the nazis , her father was executed for anti nazi beliefs, she told me how they shot their house to pieces with machine guns when they came for her dad . 

3 hours ago, Colnago said:

If I heard it correctly ,on the bbc news last night that a survey carried out in Britain recently said that 1in 20 didn’t believe that up to 6 million wasn’t slaughtered by the nazis , as if 2/3 million makes it any better! . Shameful. 

You did hear correctly.  1 in 20 . Where have they got there obviously incorrect information from is a issue that needs sorting or are they right wing fascists that are in denial regardless. Does anyone know where the survey was conducted  ? I'm proud to share my birthday with such a day. 

Ste

6 hours ago, JulianB said:

My Godmother was one of the original 'kinder children' arriving from Austria in 1938 aged 9.

Unfortunately some of her family were not so lucky and perished under the Nazi regime.

Terrible times and events that should never be forgotten.

Can't believe this. Just been informed she passed away yesterday, Holocaust Day aged 89😭

56 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

You did hear correctly.  1 in 20 . Where have they got there obviously incorrect information from is a issue that needs sorting or are they right wing fascists that are in denial regardless. Does anyone know where the survey was conducted  ? I'm proud to share my birthday with such a day. 

Ste

Steve the poll was undertaken by the Holocaust Memorial Day Trust and whilst a small poll of 2,000 there are some other worrying aspects to the poll. You can find more on line. There are certainly great levels of ingorance amongst the pollsters and unfortunately there are still many on the far right who promulgate that it never existed, David Irving being the main architect in the past who was quite rightly sent down for his activities

PS Belated birthday wishes. Vance Competition Ain't Nothin' - Carlton Club 

Its painful but heartwarming  to see the accounts posted on here and  scary to hear of the 1 in 20 statistic. Its so important that we NEVER allow that tragic stain on history to be forgotten or dismissed by those who would gladly see it returned. Soul music would be on their hit list for a 'Aryan ' vision . Im not one to advocate violence but this song by a band I used to follow displays the sense of determination shown at Cable Street which will hopefully ensure we never risk it infecting the hearts and minds of future generations . We owe it to those who died in camps or WW2. Also check out The Style Council's : Ghosts of Dachau, a moving tribute . Keep the Faith and Non Pasaran . ! 

my mum who died last year aged 93 used to tell us she remembered seeing the blackshirt fascists marching and fighting in hoxton  in the east end when she was a child.........and my uncle was in a british unit that discovered one of the major camps at the end of the war......the family said he never spoke of it but was a differant man from then on...............we must remember and tell your kids about it ......... .........

On 28/01/2019 at 02:30, Colnago said:

If I heard it correctly ,on the bbc news last night that a survey carried out in Britain recently said that 1in 20 didn’t believe that up to 6 million wasn’t slaughtered by the nazis , as if 2/3 million makes it any better! . Shameful. 

6 million was JUST The Jews, alone (including half my extended family).  Don't let those bigoted revisionists tell you it was only in the 10,000s.  Add to that figure 60,000 Gypsies, 2,500,000 Poles, a few million Russians, and millions of other European civilians (including several thousand Dutch people in the cold winter of 1944, when The Germans took most of the food out of the country, to give to their own soldiers and people in Germany).   

15 hours ago, RobbK said:

6 million was JUST The Jews, alone (including half my extended family).  Don't let those bigoted revisionists tell you it was only in the 10,000s.  Add to that figure 60,000 Gypsies, 2,500,000 Poles, a few million Russians, and millions of other European civilians (including several thousand Dutch people in the cold winter of 1944, when The Germans took most of the food out of the country, to give to their own soldiers and people in Germany).   

Robb , I was going to give a ‘ like ‘ for the above but it just doesn’t fit with the topic, yes we must be on our guard against the revisionist with their warped   thinking. 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts