Billywhizz

• Replies 42
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Stuart T

If Billy's dinking surely that means we can only have British ishoos? I had a copy of Eddies My Name that had been dinked.

Edited by Stuart T
Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Floaters,float on......... :thumbsup: or there was time Gene Chandler.

Brand New Faces has all their names in it, including one called Bosley, who later of course had a sex change and went to manage Charlie's Angels.

Social source share

george wydell - im gonna cut you loose

lyrics "see him walking down the street george wydell sure looks neat"

russ

I JUST CANT BEILEVE HOW MANY NAMES BEEN MENTIONED KNOW WONDER PEOPLE SAYING SOUL SOURCE IS THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE SOUL LIST IN THE UNIVERSE KEEP ON KEEPING ON. BILLY :thumbsup:

Social source share

ey up billy how about..1 surname,3 first names..

Eddie Bo..our love will never faulter.

Bobby Jone's..talkin bout Jone's.

plus im sure Sam and Dave beautifully sing each others names in.. when something is wrong with my baby..then never spoke to each other for donkys years!

Edited by nick hackett
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Edwin Starr - Agent Double 0 Soul :thumbsup::wicked: (well it became his nom de plume

Please Operator. Does the woman on the phone at the beginning call him by his name??

Social source share

"Hi I'm Archie Bell and the Drells from Houston Texas" ...

Straying a bit off topic, but in an early Simpsons episode Homer sings Tighten Up with the introduction "Hi I'm Archie Bell and I'm also the Drells and we're from Houston Texas".

Alan

Social source share

Straying a bit off topic, but in an early Simpsons episode Homer sings Tighten Up with the introduction "Hi I'm Archie Bell and I'm also the Drells and we're from Houston Texas".

Alan

Ok, if we're doing Ovide records.. they don't come anymore overt than "The Skipper Lee Story" by Skipper Lee.

Must mention his own name at least a dozen times.

Sean

Social source share

Guest mrs norman maine

Linda Jones/Whatnauts "I'm so glad I found you"-

I'm mad about you Linda, can't live without you

...but no surname. Soz.

Edited by mrs norman maine
Social source share

Guest mel brat

Edwin Starr - Agent Double 0 Soul blush.gifblush.gif (well it became his nom de plume

Please Operator. Does the woman on the phone at the beginning call him by his name??

NO! it goes;

"Hello"

"Hi babe, It's me, and I'm ON my way..!"

"WHAT!!!?? - Man if I never see you again, it'll be too soon...you stayed away TOO long, I've PACKED..!

(Brill!)

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

it's not soul but Aqua made a song Shakin Stevens is a superstar which pleased me as i am a massive fan on him he's my hero and i know you may not be intrested but he did record Come See About Me and Feel The Need In Me (1988) but back to soul

Chairmen of the Board - Chairmen of the board it goes i'm the chairman, chairman of the board

Social source share

it's not soul but Aqua made a song Shakin Stevens is a superstar which pleased me as i am a massive fan on him he's my hero and i know you may not be intrested but he did record Come See About Me and Feel The Need In Me (1988) but back to soul

Chairmen of the Board - Chairmen of the board it goes i'm the chairman, chairman of the board

sad.gif

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

NO! it goes;

"Hello"

"Hi babe, It's me, and I'm ON my way..!"

"WHAT!!!?? - Man if I never see you again, it'll be too soon...you stayed away TOO long, I've PACKED..!

(Brill!)

Cheers Mel.

Looks like I will be humming this to myself all day now thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Live version of 'Compared to What' - Les McCann and Eddie Harris, the compare thanks them by name during the song (it counts i reckon since it's on the track)

Also, same song mentions King Tut (you got me so hung up..) :thumbsup:

Finally 'Gino is a Coward' - Gino Washington

:sleep3:

Edited by Matt Male
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!