Scootboy

Greatest Movie Scene Ever Made

56 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

Just tell me again........how do I post tube clips?😬

Steve,go to You Tube and choose your video,then click on the white arrow on  the video at the top right hand side of the screen and the option to share the video will show.

You can then copy it to the clipboard and paste it into the thread.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Soulsides

Can't stand onscreen violence, never watch it at all. However if we've moved on now to car chases, much more my thing, here is a great one! 

And the one that inspired the chase scene in Bullitt also from Peter yates, here's the chase scene from 'Robbery' 1967 a fantastic piece of 60s British cinema with Stanley Baker, loosely based on the Great Train Robbery! 

If there are any available clips of 'C'Etait une rendezvous' I'll post 'em later!

The Wild Bunch 1969 where the gang go to free their friend Angel at the end it signifies the end of an era  as well as nearly everybody in the film pure Sam Peckinpha magic

ML 

4 hours ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Can't stand onscreen violence, never watch it at all. However if we've moved on now to car chases, much more my thing, here is a great one! 

And the one that inspired the chase scene in Bullitt also from Peter yates, here's the chase scene from 'Robbery' 1967 a fantastic piece of 60s British cinema with Stanley Baker, loosely based on the Great Train Robbery! 

If there are any available clips of 'C'Etait une rendezvous' I'll post 'em later!

This car chase is pretty good too.

Apparently it was filmed 'live' at 90mph and without permission from the NYPD!

Ok now whether many will have heard of this I don't know, this is the full version of Claude Lelouch film, it was made in 1976 in Paris at 4am in the morning completely adhoc and unsanctioned. Basically he made a camera mount for the front of his Mercedes, the type of mount now used widely in the film industry for filming motorised action sequences. For those who don't know it this is an absolutely mind-blowing piece of Cinema, as I promised earlier here is 'C'etait un rendezvous' in it's entirety, it has a habit of vanishing but is currently up on vimeo! By the way he filmed with a Merc, he later overdubbed the sound from his Ferrari, he couldn't use the Ferrari on account of being unable to mount the camera frame.

Some of the movies already listed have plenty of great scenes, and lots of memorable quotes.  Watched "Heat" again last night, and the scene with Robert De Niro's bank robber Neil McCauley and Al Pacino's cop Lt Vincent Hanna is certainly up there, along with the quote "Don't let yourself get attached to anything you're not willing to walk out on in thirty seconds flat....."

On 06/02/2019 at 18:43, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Not a chase as such but one I just know you'll love , what's not to like about a Cobra , a young Angie D and the soundtrack to die for ... :hatsoff2:

Clip starts 14:35 in but the whole movie's a great piece of the 60's and worth a watch .... :yes:

On 06/02/2019 at 20:36, Steve Lane said:

Has to be one of the most chilling, especially if you`ve seen the movie and you know, as does Harold (Bob Hoskins) exactly what`s in store. I get a dry throat just thinking of it!

Scorsese is a big fan of this movie and especially this scene.

This is one of my faves, the Battle of Atlanta, Scarlett's friend has gone into labour so she tears into town in a panic to find the doctor to help with the "birthing" to be faced with Dr Mead's army of battle torn wounded and dying soldiers lay on the ground awaiting treatment.  I remember it shocked me to the core the first time I saw it. Dr Mead tells her in no uncertain terms that he's "busy" (bit of an understatement). It gets even more shocking a few scenes later when they take off a soldier's wounded leg with no anaesthetic. An epic of a film and an intriguing back story of the struggles associated with making it.  It was first screened in Atlanta to an audience who were told there'd been a change to the featured schedule and they were privileged to be seeing a film premiere. The story goes that when the final credits rolled the audience were so stunned at what they'd just seen, you could have heard a pin drop.  One of the greatest films ever made in my humble opinion and an astounding accomplishment for 1939. 

On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 11:50, ROBNEWBURY said:

The Magnificent Seven...Knife v pistol fight.

Here you go Rob, one of my favourite scenes as well mind you I have quite a few....:)  :hatsoff2:

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.