stevegods

The magic that is the F.A.Cup

Any memories of lower league FA Cup games ? 

I know we can all go on about the big boys in the top flight and the teams we have grown up with.But after 15 years living in Edgware , North London , I’ve taken on Barnet as a second team , and tonight was something special as a football memory.

The emotions of another rollercoaster ride of a 3-3 was maybe not quite as big as Istanbul, but for a none league team to play like they did with a new manage and a really young team .. hats off .

The Bees v The Bees turned into a thriller at the Hive with a sell out crowed of 6,000+ and who cared about the cold walk home. It was never a pen !! 

Now just got to upset them at their nest .

FA cup has still not lost its charm . 

C04BDBA3-E63B-4C3E-84E0-210F8B255BEE.jpeg

Leatherhead vs Leicester City, January 1975, it was played at Leicesters ground - same day loads of games were canceled, coz of bad weather - I remember a big firm of Notts Forrest turned up and sang Leatherhead throughout the game great day - and memory’s 

17 minutes ago, ZoomSoulBlue said:

Leatherhead vs Leicester City, January 1975, it was played at Leicesters ground - same day loads of games were canceled, coz of bad weather - I remember a big firm of Notts Forrest turned up and sang Leatherhead throughout the game great day - and memory’s 

Leicester 2 down and came back to win 3-2 i was at the ground as a school kid ,the fa cup meant everything in them days.

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.