Don Heart (possibly Don Hart Detroit artist)

Blackpoolsoul

• Replies 28
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, RobbK said:

So...... his real name is Donald Erquhart!

Hi Robb

Thanks to Gilly, yes (he still hasn't said how he knows though !!!) I only sort of picked it up from the credit on"Modern Day Woman" (which he apparently wrote with James Shorter on the LP) it credits him. Of course on the single by James, it is completely different writers credits (just to make this more complicated) and that's another story I guess

Don.jpg

James.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

9 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Hi Robb

Thanks to Gilly, yes (he still hasn't said how he knows though !!!) I only sort of picked it up from the credit on"Modern Day Woman" (which he apparently wrote with James Shorter on the LP) it credits him. Of course on the single by James, it is completely different writers credits (just to make this more complicated) and that's another story I guess

Don.jpg

James.jpg

That name is also on "Soul In The Back-Yard" on Mas-Ter Records, sung by Don.  It stands to reason that he shortened his real name to the "catchy" name, "Heart" (and trying "Hart", as well), for his stage name, which is a lot more easy to remember and pronounce.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

42 minutes ago, RobbK said:

That name is also on "Soul In The Back-Yard" on Mas-Ter Records, sung by Don.  It stands to reason that he shortened his real name to the "catchy" name, "Heart" (and trying "Hart", as well), for his stage name, which is a lot more easy to remember and pronounce.

What do you think about the credits for the song ? would the LP version just be a big mistake

Social source share

1 hour ago, RobbK said:

Same story with Darrell Banks as you know Rob Darrell Eubanks might not sound so catchy 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!