Jones Girls,on JM,s auction.

John Hart

Ending on wednesday 31st Jan,  John has a test press of Jones Girls "Don,t be sorry be Careful",current bid£189!. In his usual .shy ,modest, discreet way he says it was never issued anywhere despite all compilers having "carte Blanche"{ he missed a pun ,"Haloes are For Angels"!} to the whole Creative Corporation,s back catalogue!! 

Well,am I dreaming ? The Legendary "Frank" ,Ian Dewhirst Compiled a HDH box set in october2014 10 unique vinyl 7inch first issues  ,absolutely beautiful Box set ,with "Birth" sleeves ,IBF,? and 36 page book ,first revealed on S.S. 5 years ago its magic ,and many on Discogs still!  .It includes the said elusive "Don,t Be Sorry,Be careful", A very stereotypical mundane Hot Wax ,Invictus ,M.M. track .the real killer is single no1 ,Norman and his Board Members, " Where There Is Faith Their is Hope"

Surely I Must be wrong ,apologies in advance to Johnny !

P.S. Further Investigation reveals the track " Don,t Be Sorry be Careful" was to be featured in an upcoming ad for Trojan FN,for their new in 1972 ,Ultra ribbed Condom.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

10 hours ago, John Hart said:

Ending on wednesday 31st Jan,  John has a test press of Jones Girls "Don,t be sorry be Careful",current bid£189!. In his usual .shy ,modest, discreet way he says it was never issued anywhere despite all compilers having "carte Blanche"{ he missed a pun ,"Haloes are For Angels"!} to the whole Creative Corporation,s back catalogue!! 

Well,am I dreaming ? The Legendary "Frank" ,Ian Dewhirst Compiled a HDH box set in october2014 10 unique vinyl 7inch first issues  ,absolutely beautiful Box set ,with "Birth" sleeves ,IBF,? and 36 page book ,first revealed on S.S. 5 years ago its magic ,and many on Discogs still!  .It includes the said elusive "Don,t Be Sorry,Be careful", A very stereotypical mundane Hot Wax ,Invictus ,M.M. track .the real killer is single no1 ,Norman and his Board Members, " Where There Is Faith Their is Hope"

Surely I Must be wrong ,apologies in advance to Johnny !

P.S. Further Investigation reveals the track " Don,t Be Sorry be Careful" was to be featured in an upcoming ad for Trojan FN,for their new in 1972 ,Ultra ribbed Condom.

Odd on

Dunt keep it to thisen...

COTB? If so, somat is missing. 

Ed

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!