few for identification originals or boots and acetates

roundhead

need a little help in identifying a couple  -  first is the  -   originals - ain't no sun - suspension records  -  this is a black issue with SUSP-IOOI - T.A.B  F.G in the run out

larry  williams  -  this  old  heart (is  so  lonely )  -  okeh  4-7259  scratched in run out groove is ZSP114476 - what makes me think it might be a boot is the label is moulded over rather than a stick on label

kerry  adams - fast  talking  -  bell acetate

mike  tomasetti  -  come  see  what  i  got  -  sound  studios  inc

the next  disc  has no name on label  just the name of the song (come home baby)  sounds  like mel torme  the label has -PRONTO/COTILLION music, inc  it is a one sided disc

next one, this again is a one sided disc it as the title of the song (just a few more minutes ) but no artist  the label is studio 76

and lastly a boot of   little johnny hamilton  -  oh how i love you  -  dore -  it has LJB-398  and delta no 59862  the run in has a bevelled edge. i haven't seen one before i was just wondering when it was booted.

thanks michael

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1377.JPG

IMG_1318.JPG

IMG_1312.JPG

IMG_1307.JPG

IMG_1304.JPG

IMG_1369.JPG

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Soul-Slider said:

Hi Michael, 

My Larry Williams, bought from Soul Bowl in the late 80's has a stick on label. I think you're right and there are 2 sorts, pretty sure that is the case with some other Okeh 45's.

Pressed in with vinyl and styrene if memory serves.  The one above is real un.

Social source share

On 30/01/2019 at 23:24, Benji said:

They all look kosher to me. Or at least the scans do. Do the acetates smell of chemicals? That might be an indication of their age. Originals on Suspension is US. It's not the Motown act.

Just realised my 'cosha' and was most definitely not kosher. 😁

Edited by geeselad
Social source share

All look good to me but the Little Johnny Hamilton whose label color, texture and print don't look right as is it's "soft" rounded edge of the vinyl that should be "sharp" cut. This is the real deal.

1493140918_Capturedcran2019-02-0614_55_31.png.46e0c04232d061b4916a725890bb4a3f.png

The Originals on Suspension booted ? I doubt and couldn't see when, why or for who ? The TAB scratch in the run out groove would be an addition done by someone to mark it's ownership I'd have believe.

Okeh had few releases at that stage who get issued on vinyl as well. Nothing dodgy about them. As for your acetates why would they be booted ?

Edited by tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

The little Johnny Hamilton looks like a boot to my eyes with that bevelled edge, best check the run out groove. 

Just a note on acetates, if they have a flip side check it against the official release, this isn’t an absolute rule but I have come across many very convincing acetates that have 2 songs cut that simply don’t belong together,  I think those are vintage acetates likely cut by DJs or even collectors in the states as many did with EMI discs back in the seventies here in the uk, they smell and feel right, but are not produced in the process of getting the original track out on 45... if you get my meaning ...

worth mentioning 

Mal

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!