News: American Soul - New TV Drama - Thur 7th Feb 10pm only on BET UK

Mike

On 1 February 2019 at 15:33, Roburt said:

I've got BET UK but we're in the US for a few weeks, so guess I'll miss this show ... can you watch old BET show's on catch-up ?

Robert this airs in America from tues 5th Feb again on B.E.T at 9/8c so you can see a couple of episodes there and continue when you return!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Well ... fascinating and I can't wait, hoping it does justice to the programme. Just a reminder for Virgin subscribers BET can be found on Channel 184. I think Kelly Rowland could pull this off, but no-one will match Queen Gladys for me.  I don't see any Tank Tops being worn.. did they have em in the states. ? 🙂  

Social source share

14 hours ago, Coolnotes said:

Well ... fascinating and I can't wait, hoping it does justice to the programme. Just a reminder for Virgin subscribers BET can be found on Channel 184. I think Kelly Rowland could pull this off, but no-one will match Queen Gladys for me.  I don't see any Tank Tops being worn.. did they have em in the states. ? 🙂  

I've only spotted to one so far

Episode 1 is not bad.

american.soul.s01e01.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Thanks for all those who passed on views 👍

I watched the first episode last nite

Of course the soundtrack played a part but thought an entertaining opening episode laying out things

Had a bit of an usa generic tv movie production feel to me, but guess you were always gonna get that 

Enjoyable viewing and listening be my take on the first episode

Any more takes out there?

Social source share

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

For those that missed it the first time round it's back on again. I thought the second series was way better than the first but will give it another go. I found it a bit messy - the two main backstories were a bit confusing and detracted a bit from the whole thing but overall I thought it was a good effort and balanced the need to appeal to a mass market with reasonable historical accuracy. 

https://virgintvgo.virginmedia.com/en/tv/channel-asset.html/lgi-gb-prodobo-master%3A1585/location/41011/1610661600000.html?fbclid=IwAR2TejlhaU52AQgTeZTkRSCxSOT-hOsBjBfksOGSWRbgjwZFPp7di3iYp-Q

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!