The group "Magnetic Touch "

pookie56

Hi 

Was wondering if anyone out there was aware of the group line-up. I have a copy of the l.p "falling in love " and i believe it's been signed by the four group members. Bobby Taylor being one (not the motown one) another of the sigs is Biilly   and the rest is a mystery.  The date of the signatures is 3/6/84  which I take to be March 6th . Here's hoping someone can help.

Best Andy H 

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

1 hour ago, pookie56 said:

Hi 

Was wondering if anyone out there was aware of the group line-up. I have a copy of the l.p "falling in love " and i believe it's been signed by the four group members. Bobby Taylor being one (not the motown one) another of the sigs is Biilly   and the rest is a mystery.  The date of the signatures is 3/6/84  which I take to be March 6th . Here's hoping someone can help.

Best Andy H 

I spent a fair bit of time trying to track down the members; without much joy. I could only come up with Bobby Taylor as well. 

Social source share

8 hours ago, lfcjunkie said:

I have CD from the 90s features couple of decent tracks on it but can't remember the name of them.... I'll try find it and see what info is on there 

Dave L 

8 hours ago, lfcjunkie said:

I have CD from the 90s features couple of decent tracks on it but can't remember the name of them.... I'll try find it and see what info is on there 

Dave L 

https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/bobbytboytaylormagnetict

Social source share

If johndelve couldn't come up with an answer as to who was in the group I doubt anyone can but I'll have a go anyway.

Greg Carmichael and Patrick Adams wrote & produced a number of albums in the late 70s that have a distictive New York  sound. Check out LPs by Donna McGhee, Cloud One and Bumblebee Unlimited. The same musicians including on keyboards Adams and Carmichael tended to be used but rarely are the vocalists or musicians mentioned . The well known drummer Richie Taninbaum is occassionally named . 

My limited reseach suggest that Magnetic Touch consisted of:  Robert 'T Boy' Taylor (Bobby Taylor), J. Kirk Harris  and possibly Ben James and Syd Bradshaw.  The latter two were certainly in later reincarnations of Magnetic Touch. 

Magnetic Touch renamed for a short while as Inevitable with Taylor and Harris. They recut 'Together' a Cheryl label release. Just an opinion but their cut 'Just In the Nick Of Time' sounds like The Spinners.

Edited by Firecrest
minor
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!