BabyBoyAndMyLass

CURRENT fave spins! 2019.

Currently, two of Kitch's spins, Alice Clark and Little Carl Carlton cover ups.

Steve "Doc" Willoughby - All My Life getting plenty of spins here

<iframe frameborder="no" height="120" src="https://www.juno.co.uk/player-embed/SF714975-01-01-01.mp3/?pl=false&pn=false" scrolling="no" width="100%"></iframe>

Edited by chalky

Great thread, love the hesitations track a new one for me.

Heard a track at a soul night recently by Eula Cooper “I can’t help it if I love you” a real nighter sound that reminded me of tunes from back in the day(sorry it’s not a new tune but it’s new to me)

Tomo

Most of the  places i go to are retro/oldies venues cos i prefer that atmosphere so tune wise tis more or less so called top 500 .So to counter balance that i collect & play tunes like ....jeanette williams 'you did't know then, on back beat . 'Losing boy ' eddie giles on murco. Stingers 'i refuse to be lonely on stax & the icemen '( i wonder) what it takes' on Samar , works for me . 

13 hours ago, Kenb said:

after some time...i've started playing The Light Drivers 'Dreams of a Shoeshine Boy', (instead of) rather than the c/w 'Operator' and i'm wearing it out.

One of my all time faves ! I always used to play it at 99p soul

Edited by polyvelts

17 hours ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Thanks, a good start to the thread!

I'm still learning so I'm gonna listen to every track listed unless it's immediately familiar!

Lovin' 'em so far! :hatsoff2:

Currently buzzing off this one...

And this one on account of the backing sounding like Larry Atkins meets Mirwood! 

Both played regularly in my Sets 2 great dancers

17 hours ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Thanks, a good start to the thread!

I'm still learning so I'm gonna listen to every track listed unless it's immediately familiar!

Lovin' 'em so far! :hatsoff2:

Currently buzzing off this one...

And this one on account of the backing sounding like Larry Atkins meets Mirwood! 

That is a tad understated...when we heard it for the first time 🙂

13 minutes ago, Dave Rimmer said:

It always changes for me, but my latest purchase was a record I owned years ago, and never played the flip side of. 

About three weeks ago Johnny Weston had the flip side on a CD in the car. I loved it immediately, and had to get a copy. 

Its not particularly rare, and there’s a US release and two UK releases, so I managed to get a US demo within a week. 

Its featured in all three sets I’ve done since, and gone down a storm with the dancers each time. R & B, just right for today. 

What is it I hear you ask?

Bobbi Lynn -Opportunity Street - Elf

The flipside to ‘Earthquake’

The moral of the story is twofold: Always play the flipside, and nobody knows everything  

Totally agree with you on that Dave,I've dropped a few clangers over the years by only playing one side and then selling,only to have to buy it back for the other side. Chris. 

1 hour ago, diddy morgan said:

not so expensive also, which is nice

It just got a bit more expensive to get a M- copy for under £100  🙂 

cheers

Edited by shufflin

9 hours ago, bbrich said:

love this one and the lyrics make me laugh as well....   Jerry Washington dont waste my time..

Not something I would ever imagine myself saying on here but the first 3 seconds sound amazingly similar to The Smiths' This Charming Man! I wonder if they'd ever heard it, probably not.

Edited by Timillustrator

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts