BabyBoyAndMyLass

CURRENT fave spins! 2019.

ok this is well known forever etc but I really got back into it recently, it's not rare but I was very pleased to receive this almost mint demo from US today!

temps.jpg

Edited by shufflin

11 hours ago, shufflin said:

this one has been getting recent appreciation with plays by respected people, not expensive to own but becoming tougher to get the Gordy original LP in M-, just a nice slow dancer

This is one of all all time Motown favourites. Lyrically fantastic, as you'd expect from Smokey, and it's very positive too.

Being playing this one a bit recently, reminds me of Willie Williams "Fool", still cheap as chips and of course has the beautiful flip side

One of my LP buys last Year was  Ronnie Dyson's debut Album Why Can't I Touch You  having heard Fever played out at a Soul do in Wiltshire just had to track down a copy of the LP fast...:thumbsup:  

20 minutes ago, soulmanalex said:

1. Laville - Thirty One

2. Ernest Ernie - Do Something

3. Steve "Doc" Willoughby - All My Life

My top three right now :) 

A great 3.......Laville is fantastic!

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R

7 hours ago, Mark R said:

Out of stock already.  I hope the music lovers got one ahead of those that just treat these things like a commodity. 

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/durand-jones-the-indications-dont-you-know/716639-01/

I managed to get one after missing out at Simply Soul.....they sold out on pre-order!! 😮

Cheers,

Mark R

managed to get one. Really nice production, the problem with some new releases is that the vocals can be a bit off key, not the case here though

10 hours ago, Mark R said:

Out of stock already.  I hope the music lovers got one ahead of those that just treat these things like a commodity. 

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/durand-jones-the-indications-dont-you-know/716639-01/

I managed to get one after missing out at Simply Soul.....they sold out on pre-order!! 😮

Cheers,

Mark R

I didn't bother with the 45, pre ordered the Lp

11 hours ago, Mark R said:

Cheers,

Mark R

Juno restocked with just a few today , so success ! 

I quite like a few releases on Hope Street Records who are based in Melbourne.Their back catalogue is worth a look at.

They've been around for a few years now(since 2009 I think)

Emma Donovan & The Putbacks are one of their artists who've put out some nice stuff and there's also a group named Zillanova who I'll include a track from in a separate post due to Mike's request regarding multiple  video posting! 

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts