Steve White profile photo

The Mule

Freebasing Steve White

Posted

Just seen the latest Clint Eastwood movie and More Today Than Yesterday is heavily featured....poignant to me as I got into this scene when catchy pop records were rife, late 70’s ....but still, what an uplifting dancer of a tune, and a lot of their other stuff Is equally pleasing to the ear and feet! Was it a hit back then, if not where did Clint get into it? Never saw him at Yate, but it would have “made my day”!

• Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Steve White said:

Just seen the latest Clint Eastwood movie and More Today Than Yesterday is heavily featured....poignant to me as I got into this scene when catchy pop records were rife, late 70’s ....but still, what an uplifting dancer of a tune, and a lot of their other stuff Is equally pleasing to the ear and feet! Was it a hit back then, if not where did Clint get into it? Never saw him at Yate, but it would have “made my day”!

The soundtrack has both the Spiral Staircase and Charles Earland versions, the latter, being a jazz instrumental is probably more up Clint's street.  He's also a dab hand at the piano blues.

Edited by Steve S 60
  • Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

"More Today Than Yesterday" was a big hit for the group in the U.S.  hitting #12 on the Billboard Hot 100 charts and #7 in Cashbox.

It finished at #50 for the year in Billboard and #67 in Cashbox.

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

soul source url
Posted
9 hours ago, Steve S 60 said:

The soundtrack has both the Spiral Staircase and Charles Earland versions, the latter, being a jazz instrumental is probably more up Clint's street.  He's also a dab hand at the piano blues.

Thanks for that, I thought I heard a third version in there, may have been the Charles Earland one too....I’ll investigate!

soul source url
Posted
17 minutes ago, Steve Lane said:

Nice, never heard that before, thanks!

• Up vote 1

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.