Shee from New York

New York group soul up for grabs....

Four Arts – Who do you think you are – Shee 100 Ex- £375

Not often I see 45’s from the Bronx!. This short-lived label hails from East Tremont, and with “Little Nicky Soul’s” sought after “I wanted to tell you” as the only other release it’s another sad tale of just how obscure our Northern heritage can be, a tiny outfit and 2 discs so right for us yet the immediate demise of Shee perhaps a sign of the times back in the early 60’s.

The highly regarded Sidney Barnes was involved in the labels set up, asked by the owner (and writer) Larry Roberts to provide the name and logo for this cool pink label. Its seems that Barnes (Elsid) and Richard Tee, another excellent producer and musician, were moonlighting for this label and probably others whilst contracted to Motown’s publishing arm Jobete. The group comprised of 2 pairs of relations, Lee & Cleve Gilliard, and Dave & Ike Richards, who in this one-off release for the group created a harmony laden mid-tempo group dancer that to my ears is very much like the vocal style of Shrine’s male groups, but without the fantastical backing tracks.

Graded Excellent Minus due to a light scuff, and some light sleeve marks, none of which affect playback, which is graded as Ex+. Top label is clean, and flip has a felt tipped “A” on it.

PayPal by friends or add 4% for your own reassurance please. I can send details for bank transfer.

Postage:
£2.50 – 1st Class Signed For up to £50 cover (at buyer’s risk)
£7.50 - Special Delivery full insured.
Overseas on Request

Cheers, Lee

Appreciation to contributors on Soul Source for some of the information include here.  👍
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source