The Equally Big All Week Long Non-festive Soundfile Thread

Guest rachel

Just a big thread of whatever you want to post - maybe share some of your favourites that you've heard or bought this year... any style at all :thumbsup:

Edited by rachel
Social source share

• Replies 88
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just a big thread of whatever you want to post - maybe share some of your favourites that you've heard or bought this year... any style at all :thumbsup:

Fife Piper - Dynatones -HBR

10513 refosoul HBR_494a.jpg

This used to be played at our Youth Club in the late 60's. I know that it originally had a Local release on St Clair.

I had this prepared for the Saturday Instrumentals along with the Four Sharps, but did't post it.

At the time I was wondering which was the first version.

It has just been on the News that Joseph Barbera has died, it got me wondering;

As it found It's way onto HBR, and it is an Instrumental, was It ever used or featured with any Cartoon/Animation at HBR.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Free At Last - unity gospel experience - man

12804 refosoul

Sweet, sweet soul from Detroit. Not sure why they were called the 'Unity Gospel Experience' as this is certainly NOT gospel!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Fife Piper - Dynatones -HBR

10513 refosoul HBR_494a.jpg

This used to be played at our Youth Club in the late 60's. I know that it originally had a Local release on St Clair.

I had this prepared for the Saturday Instrumentals along with the Four Sharps, but did't post it.

At the time I was wondering which was the first version.

It has just been on the News that Joseph Barbera has died, it got me wondering;

As it found It's way onto HBR, and it is an Instrumental, was It ever used or featured with any Cartoon/Animation at HBR.

Should have a HBR thread,loads of good stuff on the label,great label

Social source share

Should have a HBR thread,loads of good stuff on the label,great label

Hi Ken

That would be good, this is the only one that I have on the Label, I would love to listen to the other stuff.

Doing a feature on specific labels, similar the recent Okeh thread, has already been suggested.

I think it is a wonderful Idea, I discovered a few that I hadn't heard before, thanks to others who posted their favourite tracks.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

hide nor hair - ray charles - abc

12812 refosoul

Hide Nor Hair - Earl Grant -

1070 refosoul Decca_32093a_DJ.jpgDecca_32093a.jpg

i dont want to cry - chuck jackson - wand

12813 refosoul

I Dont Wanna Cry - Pearlean Gray -

6800 refosoul Green-Sea_104-B_DJ.jpgGreen-Sea_104-B.jpg

I love to hear different versions of well known records, Brilliant :shades:

I love the Chuck Jackson Version :lol: thanks for posting it.

I wonder what year these came out, I know that there is a also a Version by The Shirelles which sounds early 60's

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

heart trouble - the parliements - goldern world

12906 refosoul

A Christmas presant to me from me, arrived today,another one for the goldern world collection

Social source share

Two from Darrow Fletcher

The Pain Gets A Little Deeper - Darrow Fletcher -

3345 refosoul Groovy_3001a_DJ.jpgGroovy_3001a.jpg

Gotta Draw The Line - Darrow Fletcher -

3341"]

Groovy_3007b_DJ.jpgGroovy_3007a.jpg

Dont think good old Darrow done a bad record, love your clips with double scans Rodger :rolleyes:

Social source share

Dont think good old Darrow done a bad record, love your clips with double scans Rodger :rolleyes:

Hi Baz

When I was single, I spent almost ALL of my wages just about on records.

My intention in those days was to try for the DEMO & Stock Copy of everything I could afford.

Where possible I post both, pleased that you like the double scans.

I wish that I had bought other Darrow Fletcher as these are the only ones I have of his.

As you quite rightly say, I don't think he made a bad record. :wicked:

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi Baz

When I was single, I spent almost ALL of my wages just about on records.

My intention in those days was to try for the DEMO & Stock Copy of everything I could afford.

Where possible I post both, pleased that you like the double scans.

I wish that I had bought other Darrow Fletcher as these are the only ones I have of his.

As you quite rightly say, I don't think he made a bad record.

My young misery is fantastic, all though cheap they can be tough little buggers to find IMO of course, some smart so and so will say matey has got tonnes of copys :wicked:

saw him at Cleethorpes this year brilliant! :rolleyes:

Social source share

My young misery is fantastic, all though cheap they can be tough little buggers to find IMO of course, some smart so and so will say matey has got tonnes of copys biggrin.gif

saw him at Cleethorpes this year brilliant! :rolleyes:

Hi Baz

Ain't it always the case, 38 years searching for a certain record and never see one. Someone else thinks it's a common find :wicked:

The pleasures :shades: of collecting I suppose biggrin.gif

Social source share

Last time around for me - morris jefferson - good luck

12912 refosoul

The Incredibles - Miss Treatment - Audio Arts!

12677 refosoul Audio_Arts_60016b_DJ.jpgAudio_Arts_60016b.jpg

The Incredibles - Crying Heart - Audio Arts!

4507"]

Audio_Arts_60001b_DJ.jpgAudio_Arts_60001b_B.jpgAudio_Arts_60001b_G.jpg

The Incredibles - I Can't Get Over Losing Your Love - Audio Arts!

8275"]

Audio_Arts_60010b_DJ.jpgAudio_Arts_60010b_YDJ.jpgAudio_Arts_60010b.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Another Wonderful Detroit Label

Here's two more - from Golden World

The Adorables - Ooh Boy - Golden World

1977 refosoul Golden_World_25a.jpg

Carl Carlton Nothin' No Sweeter Than Love - Golden World

2884"]

Golden_World_23a.jpg

Dont supose youve got a spare copy of either or both you want to sell, or anybody else for that mater

Social source share

Dont supose youve got a spare copy of either or both you want to sell, or anybody else for that mater

Hi Miff

I wish I had mate, I bought these from the main Soul Bowl list many years ago, The Adorables was on for one week and described as rare even back then.

I don't know how many they had, but to appear on the Main list normally meant that they had a few copies,

which obviously should mean that they are out there somewhere.

I'm not sure why some Golden World numbers are harder to find than others.

Some are harder on Stock Copy (Tamiko Jones for instance) and some harder on White DEMO

Golden World along with others, Ric-Tic, Mirwood etc are labels that I would like one day to complete, but as time goes on I suppose I may be unsuccessful. :sweatingbullets:

I did buy spares on some titles, but not these unfortunately.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Hi Miff

I wish I had mate, I bought these from the main Soul Bowl list many years ago, The Adorables was on for one week and described as rare even back then.

I don't know how many they had, but to appear on the Main list normally meant that they had a few copies,

which obviously should mean that they are out there somewhere.

I'm not sure why some Golden World numbers are harder to find than others.

Some are harder on Stock Copy (Tamiko Jones for instance) and some harder on White DEMO

Golden World along with others, Ric-Tic, Mirwood etc are labels that I would like one day to complete, but as time goes on I suppose I may be unsuccessful. :sweatingbullets:

I did buy spares on some titles, but not these unfortunately.

Nearly there myself just need a few to complete, your 2 +

Sue Perrin - Recipe of love

Dickie & the Ebb Tides -Ive got a shadow

Modern Times - Stompig crazy legs

Social source share

Nearly there myself just need a few to complete, your 2 +

Sue Perrin - Recipe of love

Dickie & the Ebb Tides -Ive got a shadow

Modern Times - Stompig crazy legs

Hi Miff

The Carl Carlton, appeared on the Soul Bowl lists a few times, if I remember correctly.

I'm suprised that it is as hard to find as The Adorables. :sweatingbullets:

Social source share

Carl carlton seen 3 in last 2 years 2 demos and 1 issue the demos were at 75 quid and the issue at 100 a bit pricey i thorght at the time but not so sure now the addorables only seen 1, a mate was floging it for 100 quid, one of those do I tell him moments, I did tell him, its now on manships, Stomping crazy legs the Dealers seem to want about 100 quid for it last few on ebay went 50 to 60 quid, No idea on a price for Sue Perrin think I got offerd one for about 30 quid 18 months ago but let it go Been told Dickie & the Ebb Tides is the one ime gonna struggle for And must admit to not seeing one in 2 years of looking apart from a boot

post-664-1166981129.jpg

Social source share

Carl carlton seen 3 in last 2 years 2 demos and 1 issue the demos were at 75 quid and the issue at 100 a bit pricey i thorght at the time but not so sure now the addorables only seen 1, a mate was floging it for 100 quid, one of those do I tell him moments, I did tell him, its now on manships, Stomping crazy legs the Dealers seem to want about 100 quid for it last few on ebay went 50 to 60 quid, No idea on a price for Sue Perrin think I got offerd one for about 30 quid 18 months ago but let it go Been told Dickie & the Ebb Tides is the one ime gonna struggle for And must admit to not seeing one in 2 years of looking apart from a boot

post-664-1166981129.jpg

Hi Miff

I'm Spellbound - Tamiko Jones - Golden World

11112 refosoul Golden_World_40a_DJ.jpg

I have only ever seen one Stock Copy and that was a scan, always the White DEMO

On the other hand, I've never seen a DEMO for GW-27, although my Stock Copy does have a

"FOR DEMONSTRATION USE ONLY - NOT FOR SALE" Sticker on It.

Golden_World_27b.jpgGolden_World_41a_DJ.jpg

Although I know that it exists, the opposite with the Tony Michaels (Vocal) all White DEMO's

I have seen a Stock Copy scan.

I can't provide a sound file at the moment, I used the spellbound soundclip uploaded by Miff

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!