Ponds Forge, Sheffield City Centre

• Replies 69
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Me and Mr Higgins will be available for autographs and free beer at approx 7.46pm, the guy is a trooper, not even a engorged digestive tract and broken neck can keep him from attending Sheffields number one soul venue :)

Me and Mr Higgins will be available for autographs and free beer at approx 7.46pm, the guy is a trooper, not even a engorged digestive tract and broken neck can keep him from attending Sheffields number one soul venue :)

link

What about the terrible facial injuries. Or were they there before :D

Guest lagerlout

well my visit to the pond was brilliant.will be going to this venue again.great to meet up with the sheffield soul collective and mr and mrs may. thanks to the offer of the overnight stay from everyone but got sorted in the end.the music was top notch and im glad i made the journey south to witness it,even if only to see the one armed record dealer shane.

Glad to see you found your way to your digs pete in one piece, a great night a usual, I really think this venue could become one of the north's top places.

Soul source representation was excellent also :

Me & Wifey, Lagerlout ( of course ) , Bladesforlife ( D.J'ing ), Shane H ( on the mend ), Pikey's Dog, Brett, Souladequate, Vaultofsouler ( promoter ). No doubt i've forgot someone.

Everyone helped Shane enjoy his night out, I didn't notice any facial injuries whistling.gif , I did tie his shoe lace for him, however, I did decline the offer to assist him in the boys room :shades: ,

Great night once again ranting_1.gif

Certainly was, one which I will not forget for various reasons, not least purchasing the item below:

By the way, the camphone pics will be up as soon as I've sorted the bluetooth transfer  ranting_1.gif

link

Nice one Neil !!!!!

Right time for a review of fridays Ponds Forge (haven't had a great weekend, so it's a bit late) After picking Shane up in the wheel barrow, and having Marks wife tie his shoe laces, everything was set to go.Mark Etheridge was tearing into things from 8pm, a few banging sounds i didn't know, people started filling the place up from around 9pm, soul source well represented (see above posts)Errol played Royal Esquires, amongst many other fine tunes,the main man of the evening "Blade For Life" really got the place swinging, gotta say that "Mama Soul" was my fav of the whole night (lovely white Atco demo), Steve that is such a good track to dance to, so many hooks and breaks, sends me dizzy thinking about it thumbsup.gif . Nice to see Steve got his copy of Soul Bros inc, that tune never fails to fill any floor (it's so down tempo, makes me wonder about all the other great down tempo tracks that should be played to).Heard Chris Mason playing things like Salvadors and Bobby Kline (there is something for everyone at The Vault Of Soul,unknown and unplayed to well known and rarities).It's so good to see people off this site visiting my home city and really enjoying their night out,got to say that Lagerlout is a quality fellow, just glad i never met him at elland road :shades: ,John and Di are top class company, loved the tales about Bobby Kline in a shoebox and Bobby Hutton in Chicago record store John,Soul Adequate was moving and groovin', brilliant stuff, and he did pick a few nice things up to,good talking with Joe too telling me about RCA Victor issues and demos smile.gif last shout to Mr Higgins and his tale of that hybrid animal with a Rabbits body that is the size of a Dog and has the head of an Ant......... :shades::yes:

Edited by Brett

thanks for all the soul-sourcers for helping me with the toilet duties.  However one or two of you could have warmed your hands first.  :D

Shane

link

Funny thing is, we were asked to help him with toilet duties at Soulsville the previous Friday and his collar bone wasn't even broken then :D

last shout to Mr Higgins and his tale of that hybrid animal with a Rabbits body that is the size of a Dog and has the head of an Ant......... :D   :D

link

I know this animal !, I think is quite common in the north of England.

I had one as a pet when I was a kid :D

JM

Edited by JohnMay04

Just like to thank all SS's who ventured our way last Friday and for your kind words on here.... and, of course, those who spoke to me not on list :D ....

From a personal point of view I thought we were slightly down on numbers.... 170ish in this time.... lowest ever was a Christmas about 4 years ago after just starting up with 148.... and highest ever, according to the "bean counter" was 276.... average in my mind is usually about the 220 mark....

Big thanks to Steve (BLADEFORLIFE) for his excellent contribution.... never an easy thing when a fair few of those in are in the "lounge" area just chatting, looking through sales boxes, at the bar, etc., when numbers down on usual.... TOP MAN.... but they soon seemed to come into the main "dance" room....

Been told on night, and since after, that Brighouse was brought a week early due to Christmas, Drax was also on that night instead of the following Saturday (?), a "new" night up Barnsley or Doncaster way started that some may have tried as closer to "home", and peeps were "skint" cause of Crimbo, etc., :D ....

So all in all we really can't complain :D ....

Thanks again people :good: ....