Number of soul events in Europe 2018

That's really interesting (I love statistical analysis!) everywhere is growing, or more or less static and just the odd blip (Czech Republic?) downward. I guess this is similar to the number of events in the UK which seems to be forever upwards. The next step would be to see if the numbers attending are also static; that seems to be many people's take on the British scene that numbers overall are falling due to rising numbers of events and a static or slightly declining number of punters - not sure I agree though. 

Edited by Timillustrator
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

59 minutes ago, Timillustrator said:

That's really interesting (I love statistical analysis!) everywhere is growing, or more or less static and just the odd blip (Czech Republic?) downward. I guess this is similar to the number of events in the UK which seems to be forever upwards. The next step would be to see if the numbers attending are also static; that seems to be many people's take on the British scene that numbers overall are falling due to rising numbers of events and a static or slightly declining number of punters - not sure I agree though. 

In many cities events are quite well established or are making a name for themselves. Like anywhere, you live and die by the number of punters you get through the door. That’s why a lot of recurring events are held just a few times a year rather than, say, monthly. A good number are just once a year.

Holding events less regularly suggests promoters want to make them more special. That in turn indicates a lack of local support, thus attracting visitors from across borders is important to survival. And there is a solid crowd of people who are travelling all over Europe to attend events. 

Weekenders continue to be a growing phenomenon with a good number being fixed diary dates for many people. Just as people travelled up and down the UK (and still do), so people are flying to events in different countries in a borderless and easily accessible Europe.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

17 minutes ago, bbrich said:

Excluding Uk visitors to these events what would you say is the typical age range and are they attracting newcomers (old and young?) ?

Plenty of newcomers at events and a wide range of ages - that'a not just at events I've been to, but it's also very evident in the countless pics and video clips I've seen on the social media pages of the clubs themselves. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share