Previously unreleased tracks on Goldmine Sevens ?

• 2 weeks later...

The connoisseurs series had loads Andy,   Pat Lewis - Genie and ‘If it hasn’t happened to you yet - Edwin Starr ‘ come straight to mind...

i think they kept that series for the unreleased stuff and reissues to the goldmine 7s series... 

as always there are one or two that may have crept out before they launched the connoisseurs label.  They also did 45s on white labels from their CD releases, Gotta find a new love - Inspirations and a Timmie and the Persionettes - got no time, were two they did, the Inspirations was not the acetate Butch was playing at the time that later got a benn-x release, two versions of the same song...

They also did a lookalike label on Steve Mancha - he stole the love that was mine,  groovesville from the CDs they did,  all essential for your record collection 🙂 

see if I can knock the above into some sort of order, but will check discogs 45 Cat sites as I’m sure somebody has covered this already:-) 

Mal

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I recently downloaded the discogs goldmine discography but it excludes the Connoisseurs for some reason. I do have the following though;

101 pat Lewis - no one to love/genie - latter prev unreleased

102 joey kingfish I won’t hurt you anymore/buddy smith when you lose the one you love - former unreleased and what a fantastic double sider - bought three copies on its release loved it so much....now sells for £30+

103 Edwin Starr you got to be foolin’/ professionals that’s why I love you - former unreleased and latter diff version not then released but since reissued 

104 don’t have this but think it’s Herman griffin

105 Sharon soul girl crazy / Barbara mercer happiness is here  - latter unreleased version I think

most licensed from Groovesville as set out on cds. 

Best Paul Temple

• Up vote 2
Social source share

5 hours ago, andybellwood said:

Thanks Mal . Would love to see a definitive list . I’m sure there’s also some previously unreleased stuff on the Sevens series as well ?  Irma & The Fascinators ‘you need love’ (GS004) comes to mind ? 

Irma & The Fascinators, didn’t that get a released later on Grapevine as well? 

They did some great 45s really.....

also I may have the title wrong but I thought Joey kingfisher above, didn’t that first appear on the flip of the boot of Paris / Doc  the light green on that came out in the early 9ts...

Mal

Social source share

They still have to my knowledge tracks that have not been reissued or put out again, I maybe wrong but the first of the below two you can’t get other than on the orig 45, on a 45.  If that makes sense.

GS050 - Romona Collins - you have been cheatin / Martha Starr - No part time love for me

The Sequins - Try my love / Majestics - I love her so much it...

the early Soul Supply (pink beige) 45 that came out with Soulful kinda music and for collectors only. 

I treasure those 45s cause I don’t have the originals :/( 

mal

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, shufflin said:

👍

Shows this one as previously released 

Johnny Taylor ‘love on a lease plan’ - previously unreleased from 1969 /L V Johnson ‘gotta get rid of you’ - previously unreleased from 1966  ( T2 promo)

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
12 minutes ago, andybellwood said:

👍

Shows this one as previously released 

Johnny Taylor ‘love on a lease plan’ - previously unreleased from 1969 /L V Johnson ‘gotta get rid of you’ - previously unreleased from 1966  ( T2 promo)

Mr Manship has the cheapest copy on Discogs, £30 is pretty good, some of the re-issues cost more than that, it's near mint too 

Social source share

On 15/02/2019 at 12:18, andybellwood said:

Thanks Mal . Would love to see a definitive list . I’m sure there’s also some previously unreleased stuff on the Sevens series as well ?  Irma & The Fascinators ‘you need love’ (GS004) comes to mind ? 

Yes I’ve got that ,think it had Eddie Holman - Where I’m not wanted on the flip ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!