ljblanken

Sue Label variations

I was curious about Sue label variation - namely the difference between two color (orange/black) and three color (orange/white/black).

This website suggests that it changed over time (3 color, and then 2 color), but was there also regional variation? (like east coast versus west coast?) I have two copies of "if you go" by Derek Martin and they are different (one is 2 color and one is 3 color).

Thanks!

http://www.cvinyl.com/labelguides/sue.php

I know the organ mix is not everybody's cup of tea but I like it. All in all is a faster version and more lively than without organ that is quieter but love both.

The only regional variation should have been caused by some pressing plants having larger stock of the older 3 colour blank labels left over after the change, and using them until all used up.  That period might have been 6 months to a little over a year.

8 hours ago, RobbK said:

That period might have been 6 months to a little over a year.

It lasted much longer than that. The orange/ black Sue label started around the 100 series (1964) . There were still orange/white/black 

Sue labels being used in 1966 - 

juggy b.jpg

juggy- white.jpg

Comment now!

Comments are members only

Join Soul Source - Free & easy!

Sign in

Sign in here.

Sign in now!

Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.