Members of Young Ladies ?

Kev John

6 hours ago, RICK SCOTT said:

'Young Ladies'  (The Group) must be very obscure by the looks of things as the amount of knowledge on this Site is Second to None, but still no feed back at all,

The song was written by Kenneth Ruffin and music by Willie & The Mighty Magnificents. There's not much I can find about this group although a youtuber claims they are from Orange, New Jersey, USA. 

I know someone who might know if you wish to contact him, he is very knowledgable

https://djmadlad.com

Young.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Images
Social source share

@Kev John

there are a number of connections to Kenneth Ruffin (obviously Sylvia is Robinson is -All Platinum, etc).

theses are (were) at 57 S. Walnut and include; 

Quasar, Alakazam, Eclipse Record Co/Soundscape Record Co/Eclipse Artist Mgmt Co - and Creative Dynamics. There is also an LA Branch/connection run by Jean Birk and Moses Ensley.

over a (approx) 5 yr period '70-to '75 AT THIS ADDRESS, The 'players' for all these are-John T. Byrd, Bernice O. Johnson, Albert Boyce, Richard Harvest, Charles Adell, Henry Kates.

and yes @Blackpoolsoul: Cry, Cry, Cry is the same Kenneth Ruffin

If you get 'line of sight' across any of this you might get the Young Ladies member names ( but i've never managed it in the few years i followed it up!)

• Thanks 1
Social source share

21 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

The song was written by Kenneth Ruffin and music by Willie & The Mighty Magnificents. There's not much I can find about this group although a youtuber claims they are from Orange, New Jersey, USA. 

I know someone who might know if you wish to contact him, he is very knowledgable

https://djmadlad.com

Young.jpg

Thanks for the contact iv'e just E.mailed him so all we can do wait to see if we get more info on the group

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Madlad!.....as been in touch & after several e.mails he has not come up with any names or pointers to where we could get any the info we are asking for 

He said he had never heard  the record tracks before today & knew nothing about the group !

So i'm sure someone will come along & give us some pointers or answers to the question 

Edited by Kev John
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!