Unclaimed Paypal Payments (ebay Transaction)

macca

a weird one this one. I've just bought a record on ebay. the seller states clearly in his item description he accepts paypal. I paid the due amount instantly. the payment is still unclaimed, I send a query asking why. he replies telling me he doesn't accept paypal due to 'past probs' & can I send him a postal order or cash instead. if this goes awry & he continues to refuse payment via paypal. what the ferk do I do? will my credit card already have been charged? I've looked on paypal for info apertaining to unclaimed payments, but I can't find anything. help me por favor!!

macca

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

a weird one this one. I've just bought a record on ebay. the seller states clearly in his item description he accepts paypal. I paid the due amount instantly. the payment is still unclaimed, I send a query asking why. he replies telling me he doesn't accept paypal due to 'past probs' & can I send him a postal order or cash instead. if this goes awry & he continues to refuse payment via paypal. what the ferk do I do? will my credit card already have been charged? I've looked on paypal for info apertaining to unclaimed payments, but I can't find anything. help me por favor!!

macca

I've had this problem before and the unclaimed payment was just refunded to my card.

However, If the seller stated in the auction he takes paypal then he should honour that undertaking. You are within your rights therefore, to complain to ebay and refuse other payment methods.

Hope that helps.

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Why I had an uncollected payment, I found that I could cancel it on the PayPal website (I got very cold feet buying from a seller with no feedback). Go to your account & it is quite straightforward.

The balance didn't go back to my Credit Card, but its on my PayPal account so I can spend it on yet more eBay goodies!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert