BabyBoyAndMyLass's profile photo

Calling it a day.

Site Stuff BabyBoyAndMyLass

Posted

Following todays' events I've decided to call my time here as Staff at Soulsource over.

It's mostly been fun so I'd thank all the members for their support and for not making life too hard. Hopefully might've made a few pals along the way, if you see me/us at an event anytime be sure to say Hi.

Thanks Mike and all the team, and wish everyone all the best, certainly no hard feelings. Cheers! :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 23

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted

Surely the normal thing to do would be to discuss with Mike your thoughts and reasons for stepping down from being a 'staffer'

A bit like the prisoner...there's no way out!

Ed

soul source url
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Following todays' events I've decided to call my time here as Staff at Soulsource over.

It's mostly been fun so I'd thank all the members for their support and for not making life too hard. Hopefully might've made a few pals along the way, if you see me/us at an event anytime be sure to say Hi.

Thanks Mike and all the team, and wish everyone all the best, certainly no hard feelings. Cheers! :hatsoff2:

Sorry to see you go, I've not been on here that long but always found your contributions extremely interesting, fair minded and very well informed. I guess you have to put up with a lot of crap though, although you never take the rise as it were.

Tim

Edited by Timillustrator
  • Up vote 8
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted
42 minutes ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Don't know what today's events where that caused this. But thanks for the thankless task that you did. Hope you stay around on here and continue to contribute to the site. 

Steve 

• Up vote 11
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)

sorry to see this happen we should all be bigger and nicer people

Edited by shufflin
  • Up vote 7
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, Timillustrator said:

Sorry to see you go, I've not been on here that long but always found your contributions extremely interesting, fair minded and very well informed. I guess you have to put up with a lot of crap though, although you never take the rise as it were.

Tim

+1 

Shame,thought you were doing a good job personally,Simon.

As Tim, Steve and Shufflin have already stated,I also enjoy and appreciate your contributions to this place.

all the best to you mate.

• Up vote 9
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

A sorry state of affairs when someone feels they have to give up a purely voluntary position because of hassle and/or perceived abuse. A thankless task at the best of times, but I'll wager I'm not the only one who is grateful that you took the time to try. Your level of dedication is only matched by the levels of dickheadedness one or two people tend to occasionally exhibit. 

Chin up bud. And thanks again. 

• Up vote 9
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)

hope Mike sorts it out

there was a sudden escalation of unpleasantness in the OVO thread, bloody ridiculous

Edited by shufflin
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Sorry to hear this! 

Good luck for whatever you decide to do !! 

• Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

Come back music lover after all that's what IT'S all about   🎶🎶 the rest is all bollocks  

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

I've only been posting for a while and wanted to thank you for the great way you handled the Most hated Northern Soul record thread, your response was great, it was candid and honest. The great thing is that you turned it into something positive and the current faves is going great guns, your enthusiasm is an encouragement to us all.  😀 

• Up vote 3
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted
11 hours ago, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Simon

I just like to pass on my thanks and appreciation here for all the time and effort that you have put in as the forum mod over the last 10 months

Thanks and all the best

mike

• Up vote 5

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Forums can sometimes become a very difficult place to navigate through .

However having helped to run one myself some years ago , I also know it’s takes a lot of time, dedication and love for the subject , without getting any real thanks or acknowledgement. But that’s not what you do it for. 

Forums rely on their members to help make them work and flourish whilst under the guidance and monitoring of its own staff volunteers. 

From time to time there will always be disagreements, and discussions because there are like minded passionate lovers of a particular subject . However there can also be an inbuilt, percived hierarchy that can form cliques or bonds and sometimes users can feel marginalised or outsiders . 

I came to this forum late in life, but have had a very long standing love of the music and all it’s venues. The fact that I may not frequent that many now , makes my option no more or less valuable than anyone’s else’s . I too have had a disagreement on here but it was just that , a different view on one particular matter , no more no less, and I respect the forums staff for the work that they do . 

We are all here ( well I hope all ) for the love of the music, and all have a duty to not forget that everyone else has the same love .

Simon , take some time to reflect on what happened , as I read the thread yesterday , and whilst I know it’s a very thorny subject , it’s also one that has always been on the scene . 

What was said yesterday may have seemed to have been personalised but I’m sure that’s not what was meant at heart . Just people trying to protect in their eyes, the essence of what they and many think should be upheld. 

Emotions can run high and deep when dealing with things you care about , and we all sometimes forget that we all care , or else we wouldn’t be here . 

Stay true to yourself , and if you feel that you’ve had enough , fine , but I think your times not done here mate .

Keep on Keeping on ✊

Steve 

Edited by stevegods
  • Up vote 8
  • Thanks 1

soul source url
Posted

I thougt you were doing a good job in a thankless task 

Thanks and best of luck. 

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted

Thanks for the effort Simon , must be a hard task trying to be a contributor and also a moderator , all the best 👍

soul source url
Posted

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback.

I'd just like to clarify that it wasn't anyone I knew, nor was it the OVO discussion particularly, it was one member with a very low post count who caused an issue behind the scenes.

So thanks again for the feedback, the PMs and the well wishes, all the best to everyone for the future, who knows we might see one another around on the scene. Cheers :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 11

soul source url
Posted

You can walk away with your head held up high Simon with big thanks and appreciation for all that you put into the role . 

soul source url
Posted

See you at st ives for that beer, thought you done a good job pal.

soul source url
Posted

Oh heck, I'm really upset to hear this. You've been very kind to me as a female contributor on the site and have encouraged me to continue to contribute even though I, myself, have wavered. I do hope you might reconsider? Nothing worth doing was achieved easily.  You've been brilliant on here and it's clear from this thread that you are much respected and liked and I'm most definitely a fan!   It's a very sad day for Soul Source. 😞 Whatever you decide, I am glad to have "met" you and I want to thank you for your support.  I hope you'll take away all these positive comments and not dwell on the circumstances surrounding your decision.  You've been a top operator in my view.🎖️🏆

• Up vote 8

soul source url
Posted

Whoever this person was don't give him the satisfaction of making you quit .

As for the OVO issue I don't DJ but if I did I would have no problem playing my Billy Woods that Mr Anderson didn't pick up or my 70's reissue of Mel Britt. 

These records were meant to be played in recognition of the artists efforts.

Dave. 

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Hi Baby Boy

Basically what they have all said.

In my short time at Soul Source I have felt that you have moderated these forums with great intelligence, integrity and positivity. 

I too hope you reconsider this decision.

Steve

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Simon stop being a div and get back we need you mate you are one of the only normal people on here . 😥

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Baby boy by nature,,, I always thought you hid behind mikes apron strings ,,,, but I also don't like people to feel they have to relinquish a post because of bullish behaviour,,,now man up give the guy a slap and get back on them ....... keys 

soul source url
Posted

Sorry to hear you are not doing it any more , you definately grew on me over time,and brought energy and enthusiasm into the mix , all the best .

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Is it true you are number 6 :)

There's no escape....its a job for life.

Ed

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Sorry to see you go  😟 - as everyone else has already said in previous comments - I enjoyed reading your posts & thought they were always fair-minded. Nil desperandum xxx

• Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted

It's a shame when someone packs up because of another persons words, I for one appreciate the time and efforts of the people on here and realise how time consuming it must be, all the best.

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

You will be a loss to soul source ,

I can only imagine that your reasons for leaving must be respected !

All the very best ....

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Sorry to hear that you are calling it a day, I think that you have started some great discussions, making members engage in conversation.

All the best.

Ste.

• Up vote 9

soul source url
Posted

Hats off to anyone who gives up personal time to help keep the site functioning  in a fair and unbiased way,we do appreciate all your hard work and thanks for all your contributions.I,m sure everyone would miss the forum if for any reason it was not around any longer.All the best.

• Up vote 9

soul source url
Posted

This is disappointing. I've enjoyed your positive and constructive way of doing business on here and I think it's contributed a lot to a more enjoyable experience. You won't have made your decision lightly so I'm unlikely to be able to persuade you, but in the hope that there's a small chance you'd change your mind, I thought that this song is probably the most appropriate under the circumstances:

• Up vote 10

soul source url
Posted

Wow!!  I'm really surprised as you seem to be a voice of reason whatever the discussion and someone who normally has a positive attitude to things.  I hope that a bit of time away will bring you back to participate even if not moderate.

If that is not the case very best wishes for your future endeavours.

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
On 12/02/2019 at 15:38, Mark S said:

Simon stop being a div and get back we need you mate you are one of the only normal people on here . 😥

What about me. 😍My psychiatrist told me I was normal and gave me a lovely certificate 😎

Steve 

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Sorry to hear you are stepping back after doing such a sterling job over the last year. It’s been a breath of fresh air reading your posts offering varied perspectives on the topics we hold dear. I hope you will continue to contribute to the site on a regular basis as you sit back and enjoy a well-earned break from being a Mod.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted (edited)
On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:46, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Look at all the support & respect that you have here Simon - you can't leave now!!! You just can't...…..xxxxx  😪 😪

Edited by Kathryn Magson
  • Up vote 4

soul source url
Posted

I haven't been on here much this week so I'm sorry to see you go Simon, never thought I'd say that as when you first came on and you mentioned your many talents I thought this bloke must collect trumpets as well as all the other stuff you've mentioned.  I have grown to respect you even more so when you became a moderator and showed common sense and fairness in the way you handled a fair few threads as they became fractious. As others have said I would imagine it is a thankless task and your contributions have been many and varied, your passion for whatever subject you have posted on be it Muscle Cars, Guitars ,Land Rovers and of course the music shines through. Shame to see you leave your moderators post Simon hopefully you are staying around and continuing to contribute. Thank you for all your efforts and the many smiles your posts have brought.

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
6 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

I haven't been on here much this week so I'm sorry to see you go Simon, never thought I'd say that as when you first came on and you mentioned your many talents I thought this bloke must collect trumpets as well as all the other stuff you've mentioned.  I have grown to respect you even more so when you became a moderator and showed common sense and fairness in the way you handled a fair few threads as they became fractious. As others have said I would imagine it is a thankless task and your contributions have been many and varied, your passion for whatever subject you have posted on be it Muscle Cars, Guitars ,Land Rovers and of course the music shines through. Shame to see you leave your moderators post Simon hopefully you are staying around and continuing to contribute. Thank you for all your efforts and the many smiles your posts have brought.

Likewise, well said - hope you continue to contribute Simon, will miss hearing what you have to say

soul source url
Posted

Been in Spain for a few days. What have I missed?

soul source url
Posted
13 minutes ago, JulianB said:

Been in Spain for a few days. What have I missed?

The cold weather

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Sorry to hear this mate thought you brought a breath of fresh air to proceedings.The scene always has had and always has needed characters and your one of em.All the best.

Patto

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Thanks for all your hard work, your polite and reasonable approach and enthusiasm will be missed mate.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
On ‎14‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 18:14, Kegsy said:

The cold weather

Not likely Kegsy, it's been grey, windy and chilly on the Costa del Sol for a week

soul source url
Posted

Simon, I know I can rub people up the wrong way, it's usually unintentional (mostly), and am so paranoid that I feel slighted by the most innocent of glances, but in the end, words are only words, they lose meaning fairly soon and life goes on.  It's a mad world out there, I know I'm a contributor to the madness, but your well balanced posts have been a breath of fresh air and have made me think deeper than I usually do over lots of things.  Enjoy your free time, what there is of it. 

• Up vote 9

soul source url
Posted (edited)

My apologies.

Edited by Mickey Finn
site note - photos of womans shoes dropped - ask lets try and keep this topic sensible

soul source url
Posted

I'm disappointed to hear this news. You had a considerable interest in many genres of music which I found refreshing, and good diplomacy. Martin 

• Up vote 4

soul source url

Site Stuff - Support Forum

Site related support and feedback forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.