BabyBoyAndMyLass

Calling it a day.

I've only been posting for a while and wanted to thank you for the great way you handled the Most hated Northern Soul record thread, your response was great, it was candid and honest. The great thing is that you turned it into something positive and the current faves is going great guns, your enthusiasm is an encouragement to us all.  😀 

Whoever this person was don't give him the satisfaction of making you quit .

As for the OVO issue I don't DJ but if I did I would have no problem playing my Billy Woods that Mr Anderson didn't pick up or my 70's reissue of Mel Britt. 

These records were meant to be played in recognition of the artists efforts.

Dave. 

Baby boy by nature,,, I always thought you hid behind mikes apron strings ,,,, but I also don't like people to feel they have to relinquish a post because of bullish behaviour,,,now man up give the guy a slap and get back on them ....... keys 

Sorry to hear you are not doing it any more , you definately grew on me over time,and brought energy and enthusiasm into the mix , all the best .

Wow!!  I'm really surprised as you seem to be a voice of reason whatever the discussion and someone who normally has a positive attitude to things.  I hope that a bit of time away will bring you back to participate even if not moderate.

If that is not the case very best wishes for your future endeavours.

Sorry to hear you are stepping back after doing such a sterling job over the last year. It’s been a breath of fresh air reading your posts offering varied perspectives on the topics we hold dear. I hope you will continue to contribute to the site on a regular basis as you sit back and enjoy a well-earned break from being a Mod.

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:46, BabyBoyAndMyLass said:

Following todays' events I've decided to call my time here as Staff at Soulsource over.

It's mostly been fun so I'd thank all the members for their support and for not making life too hard. Hopefully might've made a few pals along the way, if you see me/us at an event anytime be sure to say Hi.

Thanks Mike and all the team, and wish everyone all the best, certainly no hard feelings. Cheers! :hatsoff2:

Look at all the support & respect that you have here Simon - you can't leave now!!! You just can't...…..xxxxx  😪 😪

Edited by Kathryn Magson

I haven't been on here much this week so I'm sorry to see you go Simon, never thought I'd say that as when you first came on and you mentioned your many talents I thought this bloke must collect trumpets as well as all the other stuff you've mentioned.  I have grown to respect you even more so when you became a moderator and showed common sense and fairness in the way you handled a fair few threads as they became fractious. As others have said I would imagine it is a thankless task and your contributions have been many and varied, your passion for whatever subject you have posted on be it Muscle Cars, Guitars ,Land Rovers and of course the music shines through. Shame to see you leave your moderators post Simon hopefully you are staying around and continuing to contribute. Thank you for all your efforts and the many smiles your posts have brought.

6 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

I haven't been on here much this week so I'm sorry to see you go Simon, never thought I'd say that as when you first came on and you mentioned your many talents I thought this bloke must collect trumpets as well as all the other stuff you've mentioned.  I have grown to respect you even more so when you became a moderator and showed common sense and fairness in the way you handled a fair few threads as they became fractious. As others have said I would imagine it is a thankless task and your contributions have been many and varied, your passion for whatever subject you have posted on be it Muscle Cars, Guitars ,Land Rovers and of course the music shines through. Shame to see you leave your moderators post Simon hopefully you are staying around and continuing to contribute. Thank you for all your efforts and the many smiles your posts have brought.

Likewise, well said - hope you continue to contribute Simon, will miss hearing what you have to say