Boogaloosoul - Sat 6th Jan 2007 - London

Boogaloo

I thought I'd post a little earlier than the usual 2 days before to enable all afficionados to plan their 2007 new year diaries.

Joining the regulars this month will be Mick Donnelly (winner of the Boogaloosoul Motown quiz 2006 and top record collector), Mischief (resident at the excellent Exeter Soul club, mind you, how a London boy managed to wangle that gig needs some serious explanating) and Bunny (Kent Soul Club and surprisingly quite a twinkle toes on the dancefloor for such a big bloke). I can reliable inform you all that a night of rare soul, classics, Motown goodies and a good smattering of RnB await you all.

So let this year's New Year's resolution be to get down to Boogaloosoul before I decide to sell up to the Ministry of Sound. By the way, we have reintroduced the OAP's discount for this month only. thumbsup.gif

Peace and love

Warren Boogaloo

We can be found at:

The Cellar Bar

King William 4th Pub and Hotel

155 Trafalgar Rd

Greenwich

SE10 9TX

Near Maze Hill BR and Greenwich Swimming Baths. For those with Sat Nav the pub is on the corner of Trafalgar Rd and King William Lane

Only £4 on the door - 8.00 'till 1.00 or 2.00 depending on which barmaid we have on the night.

e-mail boogaloosoul@yahoo.co.uk or call Warren on 07838 181 375

• Replies 39
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

One shall be making his usual monthly visit to the cellar of soul and looking forward to hearing my best buddy pal Bunny doing his usual set of quality on the hallowed decks of Boogaloosoul. thumbsup.gif

Be good to see my mate Mischief making an appearance behind them decks too as we all know how good a DJ he is even if he does emigrate to Exeter every now and then yes.gif

And last but not least yourself and Mick will no doubt carry us all through this night with top quality tunes too so its a night not to be missed by anyone :D

Already looking forward to it Warren :D

Bearsy

• 2 weeks later...

One shall be making his usual monthly visit to the cellar of soul and looking forward to hearing my best buddy pal Bunny doing his usual set of quality on the hallowed decks of Boogaloosoul. thumbsup.gif

Be good to see my mate Mischief making an appearance behind them decks too as we all know how good a DJ he is even if he does emigrate to Exeter every now and then :wub:

And last but not least yourself and Mick will no doubt carry us all through this night with top quality tunes too so its a night not to be missed by anyone wink.gif

Already looking forward to it Warren :lol:

Bearsy

Thanks mate. And to further add to your soul satisfaction we've added Anton to the guest list. Should be another top night. :boxing:

Warren Boogaloo

Guest kent soul club

Hi Warren, Martin & toni here. Yep this looks like a goodun' alright ! Don't know if you're coming down to Kent tomorrow (today!) If not have a good night whatever you do and see you next week.Love to Karen. :dance:

Guest Bearsy

Thanks mate. And to further add to your soul satisfaction we've added Anton to the guest list. Should be another top night. :thumbsup:

Warren Boogaloo

That has actually put a damper on it to be honest as that means im going to hear how bloody good Stoke was, the one i wasnt allowed to go too, :(

Only joking Anton it will be a pleasure to hear about it and plan for the next one tongue.gif

Is that little Millwall fan Ian going to be thier too :yes: if so he aint allowed to talk about todays game :D

Bearsy

That has actually put a damper on it to be honest as that means im going to hear how bloody good Stoke was, the one i wasnt allowed to go too, :lol:

Only joking Anton it will be a pleasure to hear about it and plan for the next one :lol:

Is that little Millwall fan Ian going to be thier too boxing.gif if so he aint allowed to talk about todays game ph34r.gif

Bearsy

Actually Ian is doing a spot and it's funny coz he sent me his playlist in advance. He said he was going to play tunes from only these groups

The Fantastic FOUR

Frankie Vallie and the FOUR seasons

FOUR below zero

The FOUR larks

The FOUR tops

He also mentioned something by the The Losers but I couldn't remember any songs from them. Must be some unreleased thing he picked up over christmas. But he was going to finish off with The FOUR perfections - You're not strong enough.

An interesting but consistently solid selection I thought to myself. Anyway see you on Saturday

Warren 'Bolton Wanderer's lost son' Boogaloo

Guest Bearsy

Actually Ian is doing a spot and it's funny coz he sent me his playlist in advance. He said he was going to play tunes from only these groups

The Fantastic FOUR

Frankie Vallie and the FOUR seasons

FOUR below zero

The FOUR larks

The FOUR tops

He also mentioned something by the The Losers but I couldn't remember any songs from them. Must be some unreleased thing he picked up over christmas. But he was going to finish off with The FOUR perfections - You're not strong enough.

An interesting but consistently solid selection I thought to myself. Anyway see you on Saturday

Warren 'Bolton Wanderer's lost son' Boogaloo

Warren of all people i never thought you could be so cruel ohmy.gif

If this is the kind of abuse i may have coming my way i may just come in disguise, any suggestions welcome.

Bearsy

ps - life can be so cruel be a pikey

Looking forward to a good relaxing Soul Night, to get over this weekend ( don't worry I wont tell you how good Stoke was you can make up your own mind on march 3rd). Taking my pet mod to help me pull out the right stuff. I think quite a few of The Collective will be coming :wicked:

Warren of all people i never thought you could be so cruel :wicked:

If this is the kind of abuse i may have coming my way i may just come in disguise, any suggestions welcome.

Bearsy

ps - life can be so cruel be a pikey

Bearsy,

Warren forgot to mention these gems from the Four Tops:

Don't Bring Back The Memories

It's All In The Game

Where Are You (B side) Pennies from Heaven

He He He I can't Help myself.

Oh by the way, what was that song? Ah yes, Byfield, Byfield whats the score :shades::thumbup:laugh.gif

Little Ian

Guest Bearsy

Bearsy,

Warren forgot to mention these gems from the Four Tops:

Don't Bring Back The Memories

It's All In The Game

Where Are You (B side) Pennies from Heaven

He He He I can't Help myself.

Oh by the way, what was that song? Ah yes, Byfield, Byfield whats the score :wicked::shades::thumbup:

Little Ian

you took your bloody time sad.gif

Guest clanger v2

Looking forward to a good relaxing Soul Night, to get over this weekend ( don't worry I wont tell you how good Stoke was you can make up your own mind on march 3rd). Taking my pet mod to help me pull out the right stuff. I think quite a few of The Collective will be coming wicked.gif

A quality soul night on my doorstep.....just what the doctor ordered after the running around I was doing over the holidays thumbsup.gif

I shall be helping soulie during his set, and if you're all good little boys and girls, I might slip a couple of my recently purchased choooons onto the decks for your enjoyment wicked.gif

Woohoo!

ps. Warren, that CD would be mightily appreciated!

Guest Bearsy

Just make sure you text me at 5pm Sat night so I remember.

Warren :)

Thought I'd use this picture as I don't think anyone's ever used it before.

Warren i thought that was a picture of you in you new christmas jumper :no::P ,

There a few of us coming up from good old Medway on Saturday, think this is going to be another goodun Warren. :lol:

Bearsy

Just make sure you text me at 5pm Sat night so I remember.

Warren :lol:

Thought I'd use this picture as I don't think anyone's ever used it before.

warren have you been using miracle grow on your hair,also nice sheep picture

Guest kent soul club

A quality soul night on my doorstep.....just what the doctor ordered after the running around I was doing over the holidays :thumbsup:

I shall be helping soulie during his set, and if you're all good little boys and girls, I might slip a couple of my recently purchased choooons onto the decks for your enjoyment :wicked:

Woohoo!

ps. Warren, that CD would be mightily appreciated!

Alan

Did you get that suit specially tailored to accommodate your right arm?

Guest Bearsy

Alan

Did you get that suit specially tailored to accommodate your right arm?

:thumbsup::wicked:

It cost him an arm and a leg too :D

By the way let me know when your playing Al with Anton and i will turn my ipod off :P or was that on :lol:

Guest Bearsy

He may wear Carnaby st suits ! but I will say, that from time to time he has pretty good taste in music.

Behold the new Ginger & Eddie !!! !!!

Which one is the ginger :thumbsup:

Guest kent soul club

Bearsy,

That new avatar has let the cat of the bag about the trap door on the stage - I thought we were going to see Anton go down a storm! :thumbsup:

Mind you, with that extra long right arm, I'm sure Alan will catch him before he hits the floor! :wicked:

Guest Bearsy

Probably more like Fred and Barney!

You notice I'm choosing to ignore comments about my stretchy right arm..... :lol:

You can be my new gay dancer if you want Al with a pose like that :thumbsup:

Guest clanger v2

You can be my new gay dancer if you want Al with a pose like that :thumbsup:

Once you play some tunes that can be danced to, I'll consider it mate! :lol::lol::yes:

Guest clanger v2

Ouch that bloody hurt :fool: :boxing::P:D

Sorry mate :D

It's gonna be your feet that hurt on Saturday night.......got some wonderful tunes through the post today.....

Woohoo!

Guest Bearsy

Sorry mate :D

It's gonna be your feet that hurt on Saturday night.......got some wonderful tunes through the post today.....

Woohoo!

YOU sure you dont mean my throat is gonna hurt as i know the type of tunes you buy through the post today, Cherry and Blackcurrent :D:P:boxing:

Guest Bearsy

You can talk about the arm, but don't mention the NECK ! ! ! :P

Are you sticking yours out Anton trying to tell us something :boxing: ,

Looking forward to tomorrow night as i feel a bit of quality is in the offering with so many good DJs and Alan on show.

Bearsy

Guest Bearsy

:P Someone has let it slip it's Karens birthday, I think there should be enough guys there to give her the bumps :boxing:

Depends on how old Karen is Anton as it finishes about 1am :boxing:

Guest Bearsy

You should know by now that no-one that attends any Northern Soul event, ever gets older than 21, they just have anniversarys their 21st birthday. :P

Im looking forward to me 3rd anniversary in may then :boxing: never could count