Early 80's Boogie/Soul Track To Identify Please

Can someone please identify the early 80's track in this video. Title could be "Take It, Just Take It," "Take My Love," or similar.

If it's the disc on that TT it appears to be a 7" with a white or silver background to the label. It's a tune ! Thanks, Martin

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, gogs said:

Went mucking about on toutube, found this ( not what you were looking for) but not bad

Sounds too mellow to me, although a link to the video might help..........

Social source share

18 minutes ago, dave pinch said:

have you contacted the video uploader

No because the facility to email other members on Youtube no longer exists. I'll ask what it is on the actual video but chance of reply very slim.

Social source share

This is the kind of tune that is likely to be known on the French funk scene. I tried scouring the many French bootleg cds of this genre but couldn't find anything. You could try asking DJ Bronco for help (not to be confused with the California version). His email is public information: broncofunk@hotmail.com

Please let us know if you find out.

Social source share

Got an email from the uploader complementing me on my own bass playing videos on Youtube and some info on the track in his video. All sounds a little bit vague, English is clearly not his first language, but he states it's an unknown group and it would appear he may have something to do with the band, possibly a member. He suggests the track might be released later this year. My guess is it's a track recorded many years ago and never released at the time so there is no need to go hunting for this until further notice.

Social source share

11 hours ago, Martin S said:

Got an email from the uploader complementing me on my own bass playing videos on Youtube and some info on the track in his video. All sounds a little bit vague, English is clearly not his first language, but he states it's an unknown group and it would appear he may have something to do with the band, possibly a member. He suggests the track might be released later this year. My guess is it's a track recorded many years ago and never released at the time so there is no need to go hunting for this until further notice.

Here's a thought, I had the same problem years ago and asked what language and then google translated everything, got all the info I needed as he respected my efforts :)

There's a Texas number plate in the video and a trumpet on the wall and a photo of a band from Houston....could it be ? (this is a bit like Keith Lemon "who live's in a house like this"

Jefferson.jpg

Straws.jpg

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Updated
Social source share

That was a good spot in the video and I only noticed the photo just having played it again. I doubt very much if it's Jefferson Ink, I have all their 4 releases and the one by them as Future, and all of those tracks are nowhere near the quality of musicianship compared to the unknown track. Those recordings are largely drum machine/synth based without any obvious slap bass or much in the way of horns, i.e. much more electronic based. I also watched a couple of live videos of Jefferson Ink and remain of that same opinion. Thanks for the tip though, it was a good suggestion. The trumpet above the photo in the video might suggest the uploader is a trumpet player.

Social source share

14 hours ago, Mick Holdsworth said:

Sounds a bit like an 80's Solar track, someone like the Whispers - maybe it's an LP track by them.

I assume your judgement was triggered by the Solar disc on the wall? I have every Solar LP that was released from 1978 to 1986, expect for one gospel LP which I have no need for. The track has a slight Whispers feel admittedly, but the artists on Solar I believe are closer to this sound are Lakeside, Midnight Star, and The Deele [first LP only]. Anyhow, it's not on Solar unless myself and several other collector friends who have all of those LP's too have made a colossal error missing the track. Please note the posting earlier re info from the video uploader which suggests it is yet to be released. By it's sound I wouldn't be surprised if it was unreleased Solar material. Thanks   

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!