Dave Godin - Museum or archives

Julianb

3 hours ago, mike said:

Sure there was something mentioned a few years ago Julian, involving a Manchester museum, archive related I think...

anyone else expand?

9 minutes ago, chalky said:

Someone is writing a book, they have been in touch with in the near past about it. 

there's a  topic from 2015 that can be had here

and one earlier that I got going

Social source share

Hi all,

Yes, as Chalky mentioned, I'm in the process of writing a book about Dave. I'm sure I'll get round to uncovering the whereabouts of his archive, although I know there were some shennanigans towards the end of his life, so it's a bit of a mystery for now.

Meanwhile I've done a number of interviews with the likes of David Nathan, his business partner at Soul City, Alf, his longterm friend (who has refused to be interviewed until now) and others. If anyone has any insights into the man, recollections or stories, please feel free to get in touch (gareth_wyn_thomas@yahoo.co.uk). I've got a full-time job, so it's hard to fit the writing around it, but I'm looking at getting something published in 2020.

My main aim for now is trying to piece together his childhood, so if anyone has any contact with family or schoolfriends, that would be great.

Oh, great post of this Jerry Williams show by the way Chalky. What a great listen...Dave at his best!

Cheers,

Gareth

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!