• Replies 305
  • Views 31.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(C.B @ Dec 20 2006, 02:18 PM) link
I've been told that they both played it from the LP. But then again

I was only a kid back then in the early 80s, so I can't tell for sure.. :shades:

Still, I've never seen it for sale before or met anyone else with a copy..

I saw it for sale once...on an online list from a dealer in Florida for about $7 or something about 4-5 years ago (?)

You can imagine the fluent French that I spoke to the PC screen as I read the 'sorry, that sold' email :lol: .

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

How about the Florence Trapp that Wrighty asked about...does your copy make 3 'known' in the UK?

So that'll be 2 known copies in the UK then. Although I'm sure Butch once told me that he knows of several copies. :lol:

It sounded great at the last You Know You Got Soul. I'm sure Wrighty will give it another airing next week :shades:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I think Robin when he was playing it at Stafford , said it was £20 and not dog rare ! :shades:

I've heard a similar "not that rare" story. Propa good floor clearer at northern events though. You see it at a recent Life Line? :D

Strange, seems to pack floors whenever Wrighty plays it out. I do somtimes wonder about people's taste oop norf! :lol:

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

I saw it for sale once...on an online list from a dealer in Florida for about $7 or something about 4-5 years ago (?)

You can imagine the fluent French that I spoke to the PC screen as I read the 'sorry, that sold' email :( .

Nothing's worse than reading: "Sorry, that's sold" :angry: !!

Seriously though, I'm sure there are many copies out there somewhere... But still,

do you know of more than 5 copies in the UK..? Everytime I see it on playlists etc,

it's always from the LP. Prove me wrong and I'll shut up :D The only other good track

(imo) from the Blaster LP ("I wanna get next to you") is the flip of the 45 by the way...

Makes it a nice double-sider :shades::lol:

Edited by cC B
Social source share

cool.gif -->

I was only a kid back then in the early 80s, so I can't tell for sure.. :shades:

Seareling & Sam both played Tony Fox off the LP when first spun (circa 1981) as we all did.

Was a couple of years later before I even heard of the 45.

Sean

Social source share

So to conlude ( coz Im off to see the Brand New Heavies) these are the Ultra Rare Modern 45's ..ps Ive heard Steve G's coverups are pretty poor LOL :shades:

King Moses

Sonic Explosion

Paradise

Ronnie Barnes

Flouresent Smogg

Ice

Al Alonso Wilson

Happy Christmas ...

Simon

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

So to conlude ( coz Im off to see the Brand New Heavies) these are the Ultra Rare Modern 45's ..ps Ive heard Steve G's coverups are pretty poor LOL :shades:

King Moses

Sonic Explosion

Paradise

Ronnie Barnes

Flouresent Smogg

Ice

Al Alonso Wilson

Happy Christmas ...

Simon

Hold on...how's about the Joe Coleman - Lady Love 7"? Seems scarce. Can't find it right now to check the label name

Social source share

Guest wrighty

King Moses

Sonic Explosion

Paradise

Ronnie Barnes

Flouresent Smogg

Ice

Al Alonso Wilson

Happy Christmas ...

Simon

so florence trapp didnt make the final cut then?! :ohmy:

Social source share

Narr a few more than 5 .. Ian

Florence Trapp: is a hard record, would think there are about 6 copies around in the UK. I have one, Butch, Wrighty, Robin's old copy, and I'm sure a couple of other people have mention it to me. So 6 copies isn't dog rare!!!!!!!!!

There are more copies around of The Del Larks & Robby Lawson, so I would say it's dog rare. Also with the level of record hunting that has gone on in the last 10 years and only that many have surfaced, it's rare. Did I say it's rare, amoungst the best of the Detroit collectors, in Detroit I only know of one copy. It's rare.

Social source share

So to conlude ( coz Im off to see the Brand New Heavies) these are the Ultra Rare Modern 45's ..ps Ive heard Steve G's coverups are pretty damn good LOL :shades:

King Moses

Sonic Explosion

Paradise

Ronnie Barnes

Flouresent Smogg

Ice

Al Alonso Wilson

Happy Christmas ...

Simon

Nowhere near the beginnings of a list my friend.....or are we just limiting it to "Trophy records" :ohmy:

....What about the Chi Heat stuff - 3 records all pretty rare.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Hey thats a good record !! ... but i saw a box load soulbowl 1984 !! Silver grey colour ?

Mine came from Soul Bowl, £5.00 in 1984 I think. Label is M&E, New York. Didn't think it was that rare, but a lot of things that John had at that time in reasonable quantity never turned up as we thought they might. "Flight" for instance.

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

cool.gif -->

I was only a kid back then in the early 80s, so I can't tell for sure.. :thumbsup:

Richard deffo played it off an LP early eighties thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

QUOTE(C.B @ Dec 20 2006, 02:18 PM) link I've been told that they both played it from the LP. But then again

I was only a kid back then in the early 80s, so I can't tell for sure.. :thumbsup:

Richard deffo played it off an LP early eighties thumbsup.gif

And we all went up to Record Collector at Broomhill and bought the LP :thumbsup:

Social source share

I think Robin when he was playing it at Stafford , said it was £20 and not dog rare ! thumbsup.gif

I've never said it was'nt rare Simon. I always had a feeling it was a real rarity. I did pay either £15 or £20 for it - off Guy H. after one of his U.S. trips.

Sold it to Steve Kilgour late '80's and repented at leisure.....

Social source share

Well I never............Reo Lane a Rare Record. I think I sold this to a local (to me) guy

by the name of John Warner in the early Eighties, along with stuff like Essex IV.

Hearing it again now it sounds great. Also recently heard Gorgeous George on Homark

.........Strange book, another one JW had off me. Thanks for posting the sound file. Have

you a sound file of Don & Debbie on Amos.

Regards for the season, Ritchie Andrew.

Edited by RitchieAndrew
Social source share

Have

you a sound file of Don & Debbie on Amos.

Regards for the season, Ritchie Andrew.

If no one beats me to it, I can make one for you this afternoon.

Social source share

Give me your love - reo lane - bren

12869 refosoul As far as I know there are only 2/3 of these turned up

Reo Lane sounds like Ricky Lance after being a bit creative with the spelling of his name...could be wrong but he sounds like Lance moonlightling on Bren.

Social source share

I've never said it was'nt rare Simon. I always had a feeling it was a real rarity. I did pay either £15 or £20 for it - off Guy H. after one of his U.S. trips.

Sold it to Steve Kilgour late '80's and repented at leisure.....

Ahh Ok Robin .. at least I got the price right shhh.gif

Social source share

I think Andy Witmore has one doesn't he? If that's the one I didn't think much of it personalyl. Bit wishy washy crossoverish for me. Or is that a different record?

He seemed to think he had the only copy, if I remember rightly, it was pretty late in the night, like 8am and down wind of a few vodkas. unsure.gif

They got three different ones on this label. Andy's probably not referring to "Come on down" that was also released on solid center Upsetters label. Can't remember the title of the rarest one, saw it on eBay for around $350 think Butch bought it.

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(C.B @ Dec 20 2006, 12:24 PM) link
Do you have a sound clip of Sonic Explosion? Think

someone played it at the Lifeline Weekender earlier this

year, if I'm not mistaken?? :rolleyes:

How about Ice "Reality" for your list? Should be pretty hard whistling.gif

Christian, PM me with your email and I'll sort you out with a mp3!

Ice deffo for the list but would like to remove Al Alonzo and Paradise whistling.gif

Social source share

A love thats heavenly inspired - micheal smith - pharoah

12870 refosoul

Pretty sure Micheal Smith is not ultra rare ..I got one at Soul bowl £15... 1980's and John had a few Dave thumbsup.gif

How about Horizon " Give it up " Shine Records ?

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

What about C Coulter, I thought there wernt many of those?

Glenda Mcloud, there are only three real copies that seem to have surfaced

I did think of adding these , but Dave Thorley said he turned some more up( Glenda Mc's) on here .. and it seems theres at least a handfull of C.Coulters , ( 2 of my wants too for a while)

And hands up whose got a Ronnie Barnes on Hughes .. come on there must be another one ph34r.gif my type of record thumbsup.gif

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

And hands up whose got a Ronnie Barnes on Hughes .. my type of record thumbsup.gif

Been curious to hear this for quite some time, anybody with a mp3?

Ricky sure sounds different on the "Give me your love" - he totally disregardes the Barry White thing he had going.

Social source share

How many folk have-

Len Jewell - She went her way - Mr Wood

It's not an out and out dancer but is a pretty lovely mid tempo crossover mover!

The beat up copy on JM's auction was the third copy i knew about BUT i'm sure there's a few more out there - come on, hands up all who have it?

Cheers

Steve

No takers on this boys and girls?

C.B. just heard it via JM auction........so by default that must make it a toughie thumbsup.gif

Anyone else?????

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert