Mike profile photo

Sporting Life...

Posted

Just reading the Wales V England build up online and have to say am looking well forward to the match

anyone else?

home win I say 😉

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

It is building up, we will be in Newport later so might duck into a pub watch the match.  

I Think Wales will win on home turf but it’s going g to. E a hotly contested game,..  and that’s from an Englishman who loves Spain more than his own country...  say what you want! 

Edited by Mal C

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Playing in the People's FA Cup this afternoon but hopefully will get home in time to catch the second half.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

england to edge a very  close game due to  stronger forward replacements and  resiliance in last quarter...........wales won under 20s game last night  in 82min after england had late try overturned then gave a silly pen for wales to get position from where they scored a good try................

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Never watched a game of posh rugby in my life. Typical old boys network plus coverage by the BBC for the establishment.  Rugby league is the proper code  in my opinion.but I hope Wales win .

Steve 

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
58 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Never watched a game of posh rugby in my life. Typical old boys network plus coverage by the BBC for the establishment.  Rugby league is the proper code  in my opinion.but I hope Wales win .

Steve 

How to lose friends and alienate people ... :boxing: ... :D

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, WoodButcher said:

How to lose friends and alienate people ... :boxing: ... :D

:hatsoff2:Good afternoon Sir. :hatsoff2: Didn't have you as a rugby type mate :shhh: I wont tell anyone 😀

Steve

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve 

Not sure the Welsh team would agree with the posh rugby bit.  Slightly anxious Englishmen as this is where we often come unstuck.    I may need a few beers to survive the afternoon!!!!

Like most team sports both Union and League suffer from the fact that the pitches were made for smaller/slower individuals, which has resulted in more rule changes than makes sense.  Hence rugby 7's is bonkers but far more fun to watch 90% of the time.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Got a mate that’s gone to the game , bought his misses tickets for her birthday ..

Was that really a present for her I wonder .

Come on England !! 

And Scotland do the French 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
12 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

:hatsoff2:Good afternoon Sir. :hatsoff2: Didn't have you as a rugby type mate :shhh: I wont tell anyone 😀

Steve

I guess my hatred for soccer/footie/overpaid falling down and rolling around or whatever it's called these days doesn't come across that well , have a great weekend ... :D

Quite partial to the simplified code that gets played up your way too by the way ... :)

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, stevegods said:

Got a mate that’s gone to the game , bought his misses tickets for her birthday ..

Was that really a present for her I wonder .

Come on England !! 

And Scotland do the French 

Wrong on both counts mate. Coincidentally what's your forecast for tomorrow . 

Steve 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

think a game of two halves be a fair comment on wales v england

onto man utd v liverpool today... has to be a Liverpool win yep ?  😉

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
11 minutes ago, mike said:

Thought England did really well first half and would ease away in the second but a totally different side appeared in the second, full of indiscipline and loss of concentration.  Well done Wales.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
16 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Wrong on both counts mate. Coincidentally what's your forecast for tomorrow . 

Steve 

Dead wrong ...

England did not turn up for the second half ... thought that they would run away with it given the strength of the bench and their fitness , but just didn’t seem to want it as much and got sucked into Wales’s way of playing .

As for the 5 past 2 . 

Flip Steve , I wish I had a crystal ball . Olie has turned it around for your lot , totally . Your a different team , which just shows you that those players where  both being played out of possition and not bothering to play for the Special One .

I just hope we turn up today and give it a real go . Lots of people saying we are starting to bottle it . I’m just happy we are in a position to be in contention with City as they are something else .

1-3 us . 

🙏

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, mike said:

Would be the worst day of the season if we lost to the dippers.  

Steve 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, stevegods said:

Dead wrong ...

England did not turn up for the second half ... thought that they would run away with it given the strength of the bench and their fitness , but just didn’t seem to want it as much and got sucked into Wales’s way of playing .

As for the 5 past 2 . 

Flip Steve , I wish I had a crystal ball . Olie has turned it around for your lot , totally . Your a different team , which just shows you that those players where  both being played out of possition and not bothering to play for the Special One .

I just hope we turn up today and give it a real go . Lots of people saying we are starting to bottle it . I’m just happy we are in a position to be in contention with City as they are something else .

1-3 us . 

🙏

Getting rid of the not so special one was at least 2 seasons to late, he shouldn't have been there in the first place but hey ho. OGS has certainly turned it round.  Can only see a United win today even without Martial.  I would present city with the  premier league trophy myself if it stopped the mickies winning it. Couldn't think of anything worse.

Steve 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
23 hours ago, ezzie brown said:

england to edge a very  close game due to  stronger forward replacements and  resiliance in last quarter...........wales won under 20s game last night  in 82min after england had late try overturned then gave a silly pen for wales to get position from where they scored a good try................

well, wrong again ! england didnt have plan b when the high kick was easily dealt with by the taffs........wales the better side in the second half ..............biggar made a huge differance when he came on..............

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
28 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Getting rid of the not so special one was at least 2 seasons to late, he shouldn't have been there in the first place but hey ho. OGS has certainly turned it round.  Can only see a United win today even without Martial.  I would present city with the  premier league trophy myself if it stopped the mickies winning it. Couldn't think of anything worse.

Steve 

End 29years of hurt mate , just hope we don’t have to wait till 30 .

and we don’t see this bloody away kit next season .. what is the world coming to 

D9A03121-7A35-4A46-BDD4-F9F6365EF42A.jpeg

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
Just now, stevegods said:

and we don’t see this bloody away kit next season .. what is the world coming to 

30 + will be just fine with me mate. 

OMG who has thought of that kit ? That's even worse than our infamous grey away  kit . 

Steve 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Only a concept kit at the mo - let’s hope it stays that way ! 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I meant 3-1 in subs 🤪

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Real big shout out to Englands women’s team though . 

Yet another convincing win with some amazing forward play and handling. 

Sarah Bern once again massive at Prop, but also has the pace and sidestep of an inside centre . What a player . 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

title change

and a q for a bit of discussion for you all...

Does Brendan Rogers deserve the hard time... ?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Good question Mike , 

For me it’s more about the timing ... than him going . I’m sure a lot of Celtic fans will be left wondering why .. why now when so close to the treble treble .. why go to a club that will never ever have the fan base of Celtic .. 

The answer I think is I’m afraid to say , money and the prestige of the Premiership .. not really the attraction of Leicester as a club, sorry Leicester fans. Can he get them back into Europe ? Can he get them to chase for a Premiership title again ? 

I think also he was not getting the backing of the board to be able to really go out and spend big , so they get a chance to go further in Europe .

Was he right to go ... maybe , but maybe for me at the end of the season would have been better . One thing Celtic fans shouldn’t forget is the legacy he’s left.

Edited by stevegods

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
5 hours ago, mike said:

title change

yes he does could have stayed till end of season Leicester said they wait he got backing of celtic board  when he thought he was going to china last july ask a few celtic players to go with him they said no will walk away from Leicester as soon as he feels pressure cant handle it but does not deserver the song going around  

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

As big a club as Celtic are they play in a league with no competition. Moving to us with a bunch of young players,  80 million pound new training ground being built and ground expansion on the way is obviously a new exciting challenge for him. Singing songs about killing him for moving justifies the move alone.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 24/02/2019 at 12:35, stevegods said:

This is a shocking kit, quite possibly the worst I've ever seen. Polka Dots FFS

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
15 hours ago, mike said:

title change

Says a lot about Scottish football that Brendan Rodgers would consider moving to a mid table premier league side. Could have sat tight and waited to see if/when the Spurs and Chelsea jobs become available.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

Says a lot about Scottish football that Brendan Rodgers would consider moving to a mid table premier league side. Could have sat tight and waited to see if/when the Spurs and Chelsea jobs become available.

he was leaveing as for china last july but job fell through dembela  has come out and told truth 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
7 hours ago, Leicester boy said:

As big a club as Celtic are they play in a league with no competition. Moving to us with a bunch of young players,  80 million pound new training ground being built and ground expansion on the way is obviously a new exciting challenge for him. Singing songs about killing him for moving justifies the move alone.

song is out of order no need for it he b gone by xmas if china job gets offerd to him 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Soulfusion said:

he not got the balls for spurs or Chelsea  he likes a easy ride that's  why Leicester 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
14 hours ago, stevegods said:

Good question Mike , 

For me it’s more about the timing ... than him going . I’m sure a lot of Celtic fans will be left wondering why .. why now when so close to the treble treble .. why go to a club that will never ever have the fan base of Celtic .. 

The answer I think is I’m afraid to say , money and the prestige of the Premiership .. not really the attraction of Leicester as a club, sorry Leicester fans. Can he get them back into Europe ? Can he get them to chase for a Premiership title again ? 

I think also he was not getting the backing of the board to be able to really go out and spend big , so they get a chance to go further in Europe .

Was he right to go ... maybe , but maybe for me at the end of the season would have been better . One thing Celtic fans shouldn’t forget is the legacy he’s left.

he got backing but by trying to get 3 players to go china with him before it fell through he split the dressing room  would u give a man like that millions 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 01/03/2019 at 13:33, nz soul said:

he got backing but by trying to get 3 players to go china with him before it fell through he split the dressing room  would u give a man like that millions 

not  a good start for him on Saturday

title race 

looking like the weekend could be a turning point?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

It could well be Mike . 

We lacked the cutting edge up front and not got a strong enough bench in depth as City has , or the experience at this stage of the season to push on . It may well prove a step too far for us , but it’s still only one point and some interesting games to come .

Ok just throwing this out there , but what if , and it’s a long shot I know , but what if Utd beat City and that proved to be the game that gave us the title 🤪.

Couldn't happen .. could it ? 

Edited by stevegods

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Women’s Rugby needs a big shout .. and England are just running away with the 6 Nations this year ...

10,000 + fans of all ages watched them beat Italy 55-0 today in Exeter .. 

Great to see the women’s game taking big strides and as a spectical good to watch .

England 4 4 0 0 20
Italy 4 2 1 1 12
France 3 2 0 1 11
Ireland 3 1 0 2 7
Wales 4 1 1 2 6
Scotland 4 0 0 4 1
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

4 epl teams in the qfs - it's been a while since thats happened

Champions League Draw

The draw will take place on Friday, March 15 at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerland.

Spurs

Man United

Ajax

Porto

Man City

Juventus

Liverpool

Barcelona

teams to avoid...? teams to play...?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

What’s the bet the English teams get drawn against each other ... 

But over two legs ... I’d take us to match most now ... maybe Porto is the easiest draw ... then Ajax but no easy draws now .

VVD and Mane where immense tonight .     

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
13 hours ago, mike said:

4 epl teams in the qfs - it's been a while since thats happened

Champions League Draw

The draw will take place on Friday, March 15 at UEFA headquarters in Nyon, Switzerlan

teams to avoid...? teams to play...?

12 hours ago, stevegods said:

What’s the bet the English teams get drawn against each other ... 

But over two legs ... I’d take us to match most now ... maybe Porto is the easiest draw ... then Ajax but no easy draws now .

VVD and Mane where immense tonight .     

if it was seeded guess the seeding  be something like this ?

Spurs

Man United

Ajax

Porto

-------------------------------------------

Man City

Juventus

Liverpool

Barcelona

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I guess your right Mike and you would think that would make sense , but whatever the draws are on Friday, we are in for some more fantastic nights of European footy . 

Going to make the end of the season interesting as well if Liverpool and City progress to the semi , look at the fixtures then. 

Never rule out Barca and Juv’ .. 

Edited by stevegods

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Juve favourites for me but anybody left in capable of winning it.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just been sent this from a mate whose also a United season ticket holder and lives in Manchester ... rare item :) 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
22 hours ago, stevegods said:

I guess your right Mike and you would think that would make sense , but whatever the draws are on Friday, we are in for some more fantastic nights of European footy . 

Going to make the end of the season interesting as well if Liverpool and City progress to the semi , look at the fixtures then. 

Never rule out Barca and Juv’ .. 

22 hours ago, Leicester boy said:

Juve favourites for me but anybody left in capable of winning it.

On 14/03/2019 at 12:19, mike said:

if it was seeded guess the seeding  be something like this ?

I have to smile at that seeding comment now...

Quarter-final
Ajax (NED) v Juventus (ITA)
Liverpool (ENG) v Porto (POR)
Tottenham (ENG) v Man. City (ENG)
Barcelona (ESP)  v Man. United (ENG)

Semi-final
Tottenham (ENG/Man. City (ENG) v Ajax (NED)/Juventus (ITA)
Barcelona (ESP)/Man. United (ENG) v Liverpool (ENG)/Porto (POR)

some interesting matches ahead

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Would you credit it .. you should be a bookie Mike . 

Some mouth watering matches and despite what everyone says , there are no easy games at this stage , home or away . 

The Champions League just gets better and better , can’t wait for that music to start again. 

Predictions ? 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
On 23/02/2019 at 10:26, mike said:

Just reading the Wales V England build up online and have to say am looking well forward to the match

anyone else?

home win I say 😉

onto the final day of the 6 nations

caught the Wales v Ireland under 20s match here last nite, was a good almost enjoyable game but hopefully the senior team can do better today 😅

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, mike said:

onto the final day of the 6 nations

caught the Wales v Ireland under 20s match here last nite, was a good almost enjoyable game but hopefully the senior team can do better today 😅

And don’t forget the England’s women’s team play at 19.30pm v Scotland to confirm the Championship and the Grand Slam ... they have played amazing rugby and raised the women’s game to new heights . 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
5 minutes ago, stevegods said:

raised the women’s game to new heights . 

Have they played on a hill . Hat, coat, door just leaving 😎

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I’d lock the door behind you Steve , as you don’t want any of the England women’s front row following you in mate .

England 80 v Scotland 0 

Showed our boys how to keep a lead .. well done Wales though . 

And never mind Utd .. out of one cup - soon out of another and 5th in the Prem ... miracles can happen  

F8E0868A-5778-41ED-89E0-F4679FF3508B.jpeg

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
13 hours ago, stevegods said:

I’d lock the door behind you Steve , as you don’t want any of the England women’s front row following you in mate .

England 80 v Scotland 0 

Showed our boys how to keep a lead .. well done Wales though . 

And never mind Utd .. out of one cup - soon out of another and 5th in the Prem ... miracles can happen  

F8E0868A-5778-41ED-89E0-F4679FF3508B.jpeg

the england pack was ferocious and controlled, the backs so skillfull and ran like gazelles.....poor old scotland a couple of levels down but brave ...........england senior mens team produced another baffling display against a jock outfit that played great stuff in the second half...and boy do i hate to admit that .....

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Borat 3, Scotland 0.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Great performance from England's footballers last night.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

• 58 posts
    • 2474 reads
    • Roburt
    • 16 Jan 2019
    • 1 posts
    • 269 reads
    • lotusland
    • 30 Nov 2010
    • 51 posts
    • 2596 reads
    • HALIFAXFREESOUL
    • 27 Sep 2010
    • 1 posts
    • 794 reads
    • 29 Aug 2003
    • 4 posts
    • 1193 reads
    • 06 Apr 2004
  1. Philosophy on life

• 1 posts
    • 555 reads
    • 30 Apr 2004

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.