Mike's profile photo

Sporting Life...

Freebasing Mike

Posted

Had to give me tickets away to my son and his mate , as still off work with bad back .. 

Watched it at home and good performance and happy for Sterling , even though he will still get stick every time he comes to Anfield .. he played really well and gaining in confidence all the time. 

82,000 but lacking in atmosphere my son said .. their fans outsinging ours all through the game .. Not sure how we get to change our tribal habits and get behind the National team .

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

todays big match on live right now - free

forza cymru

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/s4c

1 0 Dan James !

Edited by mike

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Full debute for Hudson - Odoi  

should be an easy win but difficult place to play .

and some interesting games tonight 

Edited by stevegods

soul source url
Posted

Done the right thing ? 

I think so , and doing it now gives the whole club time to see a building strategy for summer transfers. Much as it pains me to say it , the league needs a strong United team . 

1575B942-55A2-48BA-919A-1488A3CE788B.jpeg

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)
On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 13:03, Winsford Soul said:

Never watched a game of posh rugby in my life. Typical old boys network plus coverage by the BBC for the establishment.  Rugby league is the proper code  in my opinion.but I hope Wales win .

Steve 

League only exists for people that can't count past SIX !   :)

How do you know when a player can count to SEVEN, they have to switch codes.

Edited by Steve C
  • Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, stevegods said:

Done the right thing ? 

I think so , and doing it now gives the whole club time to see a building strategy for summer transfers. Much as it pains me to say it , the league needs a strong United team . 

1575B942-55A2-48BA-919A-1488A3CE788B.jpeg

Very bittersweet moment today  when they announced Ole as manager as it's 12 months ago today when Mark  Clugston passed away.  I shared one of the greatest moment's   of my life with Mark on that barmy night in Barcelona when we where there to see Ole score the winner deep into injury time to achieve the impossible treble.   R.I .P my friend and sleep well 

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

It’s getting down to the nitty gritty .. 

Who will take the top spot and who will get top 4 ? 

Gary & Jamie had their say , what do you think ? 

I sadly feel it’s City’s time yet again .. bigger and stronger squad and playing more controlled football. 

Who will get the other two top spots .. ? Spurs and ..... eeeeeer ... hmmm I’m not sure .. could be one of 3 .

01661A81-5FBB-44AD-928A-D6CE10CBC0D9.jpeg

EB512439-27E3-4715-A4BB-02D72E4AEBD7.jpeg

9656D8CF-CD3F-482A-95F5-471F7079F4D3.jpeg

soul source url
Posted

I'm a boxing fan, love trying to work out how he employs his technical skills, especially the way he gets angles on his oppnents, best in the world imo

soul source url
Posted

RIP Tommy Smith .

Local lad .. gave his all to LFC .. scored in Liverpool’s first European Cup Final win .. 

Lucky enough to have met him a few times , a hard man but true gent. As Shank’s said .. “ He’s wasn’t made he was quarried “ .. 

Just look at his testimonial opposition team sheet .

R.I.P. Tom 

8965E0BD-ABD9-4D19-831E-00687C7E175E.jpeg

5200AAA6-0AC5-48FA-A1B2-37CAC03F2DCE.jpeg

477ED7C6-D0DC-45CF-9D8A-2A26B67D1EC4.jpeg

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Could it have been one of the great sporting comebacks of all time ... 

Tiger Woods wins his 5th Masters at Augusta - 14 years after his last one ... 

And what do they play on BBC Sport to end the show tonight .. Frank Wilson .

C73394C1-BACC-4F41-B977-86D4028CFFEC.jpeg

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted

Yeah saw it - phenomenal Wx

soul source url
Posted

wow

two great nights of european football there

how many goals

so on to the semis 

a liverpool v spurs final..... whatcha reckon 😉🙂

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Agree Mike ,

What another astonishing night of footie .. and VAR comes out a winner .. never thought I’d be saying that .. still too long over decisions and they still need to let the crowd at the game know more on what’s happening .. but great games of footie . 

Ajax on a role and I think we can take Barca home and away with the second leg being at Anfield . 

Can City bounce back and keep it together for their Prem games at Spurs and United .. and I said it a while ago .. what price Utd being the ones that give us the title .. 

Could it be a double for the Reds and double for City ? 

🤞

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, stevegods said:

Agree Mike ,

What another astonishing night of footie .. and VAR comes out a winner .. never thought I’d be saying that .. still too long over decisions and they still need to let the crowd at the game know more on what’s happening .. but great games of footie . 

Ajax on a role and I think we can take Barca home and away with the second leg being at Anfield . 

Can City bounce back and keep it together for their Prem games at Spurs and United .. and I said it a while ago .. what price Utd being the ones that give us the title .. 

Could it be a double for the Reds and double for City ? 

🤞

Steve.  I would personally present city with the title if it stopped the mickies winning it. Would definitely rather lose to city than your lot win. 

Barcelona.  Ajax final sounds good to me.  Barcelona against spurs.  As long as it Barcelona.  

Shame about  city not winning a quadruple 😎😎😎

soul source url
Posted

as a lifelong spurs fan whose dad supported city im pleased but city were a tad unfortunate... over a season it will even out...spurs showed the will and skill to hang on when city pushed it in 2nd half.....

..both semis hard to call

still got the spurs v  benfica programme my uncle gave me in 62 after the game............

starting to like football again after a long period of disinterest........

soul source url
Posted

Going to be close but both Premier League sides could be disappointed; Ajax have beaten Bayern Munich, Real Madrid and Juventus to get to the Semi's

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

At the start of the new season I predicted pool to win the Champions League, and city to win the league.

Both a step closer now, and I suspect both would swap trophies if they could.

I wonder if United will really try against city, or just be happy pool won't get that elusive league title?

And as an update, I can see Ajax going all the way.

But the real test is can rovrum avoid the drop?

Fingers and everything else crossed:)

Ed

soul source url
Posted

Now what price an all English Champions League Final and Europa League Final ?

Arsenal v Chelsea 

Tottenham v Liverpool 

wonder what odds you could have got for that at the start of the season ? 

Not going to happen ....... is it ?

soul source url
Posted

Arsenal v Chelsea 

Tottenham v Liverpool 

Good chance of Chelsea v arsenal but not sure about spurs v Liverpool. Think ajax will beat spurs. 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, stevegods said:

Arsenal v Chelsea 

Tottenham v Liverpool 

No. 😁

soul source url
Posted

I think an all Premier League Europa League is definitely on the horizon. Ironic that the fans of two clubs based in London will need  to travel to Kazakhstan for the final!  

soul source url
Posted

As a neutral in the really enjoyable title race can i just say the media love in wanting Liverpool to win is becoming tedious in the extreme. 

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted

Ok, so United are finally knocked out of Big Ears this season, makes you wonder if city will ever get their Hands on the Big One! :g: :hatsoff2:

57592752_10214895364922355_5570146964537868288_n.jpg

13007262_1031294323574129_6819853488670824971_n.jpg

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
47 minutes ago, Bruv said:

Ok, so United are finally knocked out of Big Ears this season, makes you wonder if city will ever get their Hands on the Big One! :g: :hatsoff2:

57592752_10214895364922355_5570146964537868288_n.jpg

13007262_1031294323574129_6819853488670824971_n.jpg

Love it. 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

results gonna be interesting tonight 😉

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

It couldn’t happen ... could it ? 

soul source url
Posted

It couldn’t happen ... could it ? 

I would personally  present city with the premiership.  I would do that if it meant the mickies don't win it. 

I've watched United home and away since 1972 and for the first time in my life  i want them to lose tonight.  

Steve 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I would personally  present city with the premiership.  I would do that if it meant the mickies don't win it. 

I've watched United home and away since 1972 and for the first time in my life  i want them to lose tonight.  

Steve 

Well I got my wish. But how dirty where some of the city players.  Other teams would have had players red carded 

Steve 

soul source url
Posted

Only saving grace is that it looks like United will be in the wilderness for the forceable future .. won’t get into Champions League and won’t be able to attract the top players to change things. 

Still 3 games left and it will no doubt go down to the last game. 

Well done City 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Semi Final Day .. 

Can Spurs do it without Kane and Son ? 

This guy thinks not ....

Dont you just love the Dutch 

47D67C6E-110A-4876-A395-CB095F7DF4B0.jpeg

soul source url
Posted

Come on you Mighty Reds 

0271E7F6-06AF-4587-B42C-5C60CED53E24.jpeg

• Disagree 1

soul source url
Posted

Going to be a tricky fixture for you tonight but 🤞

soul source url
Posted

Istanbul here we come 🤞

soul source url
Posted
7 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Istanbul here we come 🤞

Certainly not over yet. Early goal and game on but if they score i think your out.

soul source url
Posted
13 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Istanbul here we come 🤞

Oh how we laughed 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Was so glad to see the back of the not so special one but he was so right when he said that it would take a miracle for United to finish in the top four.

I suppose we could  go on that learning curve that the dippers have been on for the last 30 years 

Steve 

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Was so glad to see the back of the not so special one but he was so right when he said that it would take a miracle for United to finish in the top four.

I suppose we could  go on that learning curve that the dippers have been on for the last 30 years 

Steve 

Oh how we laughed 😄

soul source url
Posted
50 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Oh how we laughed 😄

Knew it was going to come back and bite me. not that I'm bothered. just a bit of fun , enjoy the banter. If I give it out I've got to take it. :hatsoff2:

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
20 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Knew it was going to come back and bite me. not that I'm bothered. just a bit of fun , enjoy the banter. If I give it out I've got to take it. :hatsoff2:

Well said Steve, well taken , I was wondering wether to post that reply , refreshing to see someone take it as for what it is , banter . Andrew 

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
6 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Well said Steve, well taken , I was wondering wether to post that reply , refreshing to see someone take it as for what it is , banter . Andrew 

Andrew. Thanks for seeing it as it was meant.  though some people in the past have complained about some of my comments . Keyboard warrior's.  The world is full of them. Life is too short,  enjoy it. 

Steve 

soul source url
Posted

Your comments have always been taken they were and are meant Steve mate ... playful banter ..

We have had to take stuff like this for 29 years and it may certainly have to continue for some years to come , who knows. But it’s been a wonderful , nail  biting , rollercoaster of a season , this year and it’s drawing to a very climatic end. Can Brendon Rodgers team do his old club a favour , or maybe City are just too good for everyone this season. 

Still some great footie to come with some great playoff games. Thankfully for us not over yet  

Oh how we laughed 😜

4FAF1715-4BA0-4238-A7F5-1AA680D80541.jpeg

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted

Well done Piggy French.

soul source url
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Stevegods said:

Your comments have always been taken they were and are meant Steve mate ... playful banter ..

We have had to take stuff like this for 29 years and it may certainly have to continue for some years to come , who knows. But it’s been a wonderful , nail  biting , rollercoaster of a season , this year and it’s drawing to a very climatic end. Can Brendon Rodgers team do his old club a favour , or maybe City are just too good for everyone this season. 

Still some great footie to come with some great playoff games. Thankfully for us not over yet  

Oh how we laughed 😜

4FAF1715-4BA0-4238-A7F5-1AA680D80541.jpeg

But that isn’t his net spend , couthino money etc to be taken off . How much is ole going to have to spend . Oh how we laugh 😆 ! Net spend is 93,850.000

Edited by Colnago

soul source url
Posted

All you various red buggers going on about the number of years. Twenty nine? Thats nowt. Thirty year rebuild? Who cares? Try forty odd bloody years in the wilderness, going up and down, up and down, sideways, then up and down again, having your face rubbed in it every bloody day, only for a fairy godfather to come along and turn the footballing world on its head. 

Laughing? I'm pi$$ing myself! 

CTID.

🙂 

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted
4 minutes ago, Joey said:

All you various red buggers going on about the number of years. Twenty nine? Thats nowt. Thirty year rebuild? Who cares? Try forty odd bloody years in the wilderness, going up and down, up and down, sideways, then up and down again, having your face rubbed in it every bloody day, only for a fairy godfather to come along and turn the footballing world on its head. 

Laughing? I'm pi$$ing myself! 

CTID.

🙂 

And still have empty seats 😄

• Up vote 3

soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, Colnago said:

And still have empty seats 😄

That's why it's called the emptihad 🤣 there's never enough buses from Stockport . 🤣

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
16 minutes ago, Colnago said:

But that isn’t his net spend , couthino money etc to be taken off . How much is ole going to have to spend . Oh how we laugh 😆 ! Net spend is 93,850.000

Saving millions on wage reductions.  Apparently there's a provision written into all the players contracts that not qualifying for the champions league means a 25% wage reduction. 

Not qualifying for two years has a major impact on the biggest shirt sponsorship deal in football.  Not sure of the figures but it's serious 

Steve 

soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

That's why it's called the emptihad 🤣 there's never enough buses from Stockport . 🤣

One fan on talk-sport said “it’s awkward to get to “😳

• Up vote 1

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Apparently there's a provision written into all the players contracts that not qualifying for the champions league means a 25% wage reduction.

Our politicians should have something similar in their contracts for not getting us out of Europe.

• Up vote 2

soul source url
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Saving millions on wage reductions.  Apparently there's a provision written into all the players contracts that not qualifying for the champions league means a 25% wage reduction. 

Not qualifying for two years has a major impact on the biggest shirt sponsorship deal in football.  Not sure of the figures but it's serious 

Steve 

Wow I didn’t know that , going to be some serious ramifications there then , but you’d have thought that’d been enough to perform better, especially yesterday! 

Edited by Colnago

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.