Mike profile photo

Sporting Life...

Posted

For any Liverpool fans hoping for Leicester to do you a favour tonight.  On our day we are capable of beating anybody but i think we will be right up city's  street because we wont just put everyone behind the ball, we are a young fearless team dangerous but maybe ideal for city. We shall find out later.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Spare a thought for the oldest professional club...Notts County.

Oblivion calls.

The strange world of professional football!

Ed

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Ladle it on boys. Still pi$$ing myself. 😂😂😂

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, Leicester Boy said:

For any Liverpool fans hoping for Leicester to do you a favour tonight.  On our day we are capable of beating anybody but i think we will be right up city's  street because we wont just put everyone behind the ball, we are a young fearless team dangerous but maybe ideal for city. We shall find out later.

Watch out for Vardy...

Ex Thomas Rotherham college lad...

Ed

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
35 minutes ago, Colnago said:

Wow I didn’t know that , going to be some serious ramifications there then , but you’d have thought that’d been enough to perform better, especially yesterday! 

Andrew.  There's players at United who think that they're bigger than the club.  Play when they want too.  No respect for the fans who travel all over the country week in week out and  ultimately pay the wages of these over payed prima donnas 

Steve 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
33 minutes ago, Joey said:

Ladle it on boys. Still pi$$ing myself. 😂😂😂

You can buy pants for that now 🤔

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

Andrew.  There's players at United who think that they're bigger than the club.  Play when they want too.  No respect for the fans who travel all over the country week in week out and  ultimately pay the wages of these over payed prima donnas 

Steve 

They’ve certainly lost their grip on the runnings off the club ( than god ) . Seriously something wrong as Gary Neville has been saying for a long time , I reckon he’s trying to winkle them out but not naming names for legal reasons maybe, I’m not talking players , Rafa did it at lfc with the two cowboys who rolled into town , he flushed them out , he forced their hand when they told him ‘ you just pick the team ‘ . 

2 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Spare a thought for the oldest professional club...Notts County.

Oblivion calls.

The strange world of professional football!

Ed

Yep poor do that happening . 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Leicester Boy said:

I’m keeping my fingers, toes and even my eyes crossed for tonight 🙂

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

You can buy pants for that now 🤔

Tena penny comments like that. 😂

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Joey said:

Tena penny comments like that. 😂

This is how a thread should be.  👍

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

This is how a thread should be.  👍

Couldnt agree more 😂👍

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Colnago said:

I’m keeping my fingers, toes and even my eyes crossed for tonight 🙂

Me too.  😥 Did I really say that on a public forum 😎 I will deny it , my dislike even more of the mickies made me do it

Steve 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

C’mon Leicester, walkers crisps will never taste as good if you get a result tonight! 👍

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
9 minutes ago, Colnago said:

C’mon Leicester, walkers crisps will never taste as good if you get a result tonight! 👍

Nooo. Plus my mum used to work for their rivals  golden wonder.  

Steve 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Half time, 0-0, I'm getting a touch fretful. 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Joey said:

Half time, 0-0, I'm getting a touch fretful. 

Not fretful anymore.

Vinnie, what a legend.

Kelechi....once a blue always a blue. 🤣

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I think its great so many titles and qualifications have gone to the last game (or two) this season.

A lot of fans still nervous over the coming weeks.

Ed

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

What a strike from the big man .

Hasn’t scored all season and comes up with a filthy hit like that . Massive win .

Ahh well , leaves us with just the seagulls  to hope crap on City’s parade . 

Lets hope for an early goal tonight .. so we can at least make a fight of it . 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Steve 

Unfortunately Steve this is symptomatic of players at lots of clubs in the Premier League, not just United.

I have a deep genuine love for football and its traditions but as each season passes clubs become more like brands and less like the communities they represent whilst we, the fans, suck it all up. Most of the Premier League players are on an annual salary that I am unlikely to see in a lifetime of work. I am all for players being rewarded because they provide the enjoyment but the tipping point was passed years ago.

Still Man City deserve the title this year and Liverpool can be proud of the way they have chased them all season. Meanwhile the impossible job this week gets harder with Salah and Firmino missing with injury.

Edited by Soulfusion
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
27 minutes ago, Soulfusion said:

Unfortunately Steve this is symptomatic of players at lots of clubs in the Premier League, not just United.

I have a deep genuine love for football and its traditions but as each season passes clubs become more like brands and less like the communities they represent whilst we, the fans, suck it all up. Most of the Premier League players are on an annual salary that I am unlikely to see in a lifetime of work. I am all for players being rewarded because they provide the enjoyment but the tipping point was passed years ago.

Still Man City deserve the title this year and Liverpool can be proud of the way they have chased them all season. Meanwhile the impossible job this week gets harder with Salah and Firmino missing with injury.

Agree totally. The tipping point? The creation of the Premier League. Five club chairman, and their collective greed, allied to Murdochs even greater greed, and football was changed forever. It will never return to being the working mans game that many of us older types remember so fondly. But, football continues to provide entertainment for us, and this season has been incredible. Whether its City or Liverpool who end up with the silverware next Sunday, both teams can be complimented on what they've achieved. 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Stage is set for this lad .

and I’ve seen him in a few games and he’s a talent .. no time like the present and no bigger stage ! 

28B59AC8-E07D-4E93-97C1-E2C5A982588F.jpeg

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Unbelievable Jeff..

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Well done Mickeys. A great performance. Best of luck in Madrid.

but if you take Messi out, just how bloody god-awful are Barca these days? 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Just listened to the 2nd half on 5 live, what a night it was at Anfield, you could almost touch the emotion through the radio!

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

What did I say - Istanbul all over 

Now that’s the best Birthday prezzie I’ve ever had ..

I’m off to Madrid !!

23A1016E-FDD4-4794-998B-1AF8D6014A8A.jpeg

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
14 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

What did I say - Istanbul all over 

Now that’s the best Birthday prezzie I’ve ever had ..

I’m off to Madrid !!

23A1016E-FDD4-4794-998B-1AF8D6014A8A.jpeg

Allez allez allez ! 👍👍

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
55 minutes ago, Joey said:

Well done Mickeys. A great performance. Best of luck in Madrid.

We made them awful joey .

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
19 minutes ago, Colnago said:

We made them awful joey .

I'll give you that to a certain extent, but they've been pretty ordinary for the past two seasons now. I still maintain that without the little magician, they'd be on a par with the likes of United. 😂😂😂

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Messi, Ronaldo, Gerrard, Scholes, Drogba, Lampard, etc etc

It's like having 2 players in 1. Once these are gone, top teams can look average.

Some great upsets and comebacks this season in the Champions League for sure.

Still one or two twists in the 2019 tale maybe?

Ed

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Joey said:

I'll give you that to a certain extent, but they've been pretty ordinary for the past two seasons now. I still maintain that without the little magician, they'd be on a par with the likes of United. 😂😂😂

Don’t think Barca would fall that far Joey .. they would still have Courtino - Suarez - Pique .. not that low .. maybe Wolves or Arsenal 😜

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Joey said:

Just got up for work and seen the score. Gutted.  C,Mon Ajax 

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hats off to Liverpool..seriously well done.

And lordy, what a comeback!..I had a sneaky feeling they just might possibly  do it and ive got to say as a neutral this was a fantastic night of football to witness.

Good luck to the team for the final, they absolutely deserve it after this performance.

👏

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

There is clearly something in the air at Anfield on European nights where the crowd becomes an extra player. Superb atmosphere and clearly a exceptional performance to see them through to the final. 

Man City to complete an English treble and Liverpool to win the Champions League; a Man United fans nightmare - love it!

• Up vote 4

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

As an aside to all this, and amongst all the excitement and hullabaloo of last night, it might be nice to spare a thought for possibly the Champions League's greatest ever performer, and one who will be remembered as a true legend in the game, even by fans of rival teams.

Best of luck, and get well soon Iker Casillas. 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Just got up for work and seen the score. Gutted.  C,Mon Ajax 

Steve 

cmon ajax ??? why  does a leave voting patriot support the  spanish and dutch team ??  spurs will have a better chance than many think ...........................nowt to lose,............... they have had there nightmare traditional end of season blow up game last week.............it will be close but they could do it.................

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, ezzie brown said:

spurs will have a better chance than many think .......

.it will be close but they could do it..............

Exactly..Spurs were excellent against Man City in the quarter finals..they've a great chance to make it through if they play well tonight and I'd personally love to see both English teams in the final.

I'll certainly have my fingers crossed for them !

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ezzie brown said:

cmon ajax ??? why  does a leave voting patriot support the  spanish and dutch team ??  spurs will have a better chance than many think ...........................nowt to lose,............... they have had there nightmare traditional end of season blow up game last week.............it will be close but they could do it.................

Only said it because I don't think they could  beat the dippers in the final. Don't want them to even win at tiddly winks    That's the only reason.  

Steve 

Edited by Winsford Soul

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
26 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Only said it because I don't think they could  beat the dippers in the final. Don't want them to even win at tiddly winks    That's the only reason.  

Steve 

fair enough steve...............cmon you whites😉

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

This is getting f***ing silly now. Who's writing this? 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Joey said:

This is getting f***ing silly now. Who's writing this? 

Not me, I thought they were finished at half time.

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
On 19/04/2019 at 05:50, Stevegods said:

Now what price an all English Champions League Final and Europa League Final ?

Arsenal v Chelsea 

Tottenham v Liverpool 

wonder what odds you could have got for that at the start of the season ? 

Not going to happen ....... is it ?

It’s not going to happen ... is it 😜

i should have had a bet ! 

Edited by Stevegods
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Incredible 2 nights of football 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

It’s not going to happen ... is it 😜

I'm sure the odds have lessened enormously after tonight, for some reason I feel quite tired.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

And there's still something quite important to be decided on Sunday! 

If Carlsberg did football seasons..............

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Bloody hell..another rollercoaster ride again! 

What a result!

Well done Spurs! 

👏

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest Spain pete profile photo
Posted

Shovel your money on the final being a 0_0 draw 😆

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I kind of think it’s not going to be a goalless draw .. but could it be Potch’s last game for Spurs .. 

Well done Tottenham ... more drama than Game of Thrones  

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ezzie brown said:

happy to be right for a change.................just had that feeling all season ..............i lost the love for football a while ago but this brings those old loyalty you never quite lose back .....................61/62 hereos would be proud of the white shirt... by gum it was close ..........😂

Edited by ezzie brown

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
34 minutes ago, Stevegods said:

wonder what odds you could have got for that at the start of the season ? 

It was 20/1 only a couple of months ago at the quarter final stages  if I recall correctly..so the start of the season odds would have been at least double that if not more I would've thought.  

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

My mate is a die hard Liverpool fan and Ajax fan at the same time and sees both teams when he can.

At least he won't be charged with choosing loyalties now..

Ed

Share this forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

• 58 posts
    • 2474 reads
    • Roburt
    • 16 Jan 2019
    • 1 posts
    • 269 reads
    • lotusland
    • 30 Nov 2010
    • 51 posts
    • 2596 reads
    • HALIFAXFREESOUL
    • 27 Sep 2010
    • 1 posts
    • 794 reads
    • 29 Aug 2003
    • 4 posts
    • 1193 reads
    • 06 Apr 2004
  1. Philosophy on life

• 1 posts
    • 555 reads
    • 30 Apr 2004

Source Adverts

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.