News: Carlton Jumel Smith - This is What Love Looks Like - Timmion Records

Mike

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, middleman said:

I quite like the spoken intro, unfortunately it's out of stock, doh!

bit confused by this, I pre-ordered the first press a while ago (the white label) off Bandcamp and that's the one I recieved - no spoken intro on my 45.

However you also get the digital files from Bandcamp, and the digital vocal version does have the spoken intro, so maybe that's the LP version coming later? No idea tbh

Social source share

21 minutes ago, shufflin said:

bit confused by this, I pre-ordered the first press a while ago (the white label) off Bandcamp and that's the one I recieved - no spoken intro on my 45.

However you also get the digital files from Bandcamp, and the digital vocal version does have the spoken intro, so maybe that's the LP version coming later? No idea tbh

I got the impression both came out at the same time (white & yellow)???  Not aware of a first/second press.....

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
19 minutes ago, Mark R said:

I got the impression both came out at the same time (white & yellow)???  Not aware of a first/second press.....

Cheers,

Mark R

After the Ernie thread I'm not getting into this Mark the info is on the groups Bandcamp page

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
Just now, Funkbox said:

On the disogs site the white is listed as the reissue?

read the comments & 2 replies on there

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
2 minutes ago, Funkbox said:

and rook records still have white copies.. 

only 1 left be quick people

Social source share

2 hours ago, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

The Yellow is classed as a second press.

I pre-ordered ready for the release and got yellow copies expecting white, so I'm not sure what's going on 😮

Discogs saying White label is a Test Press so that its availability would be limited 

So the Yellow label is the Official  release 

Edited by Kev John
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

just took this photo, top is a timmion test press, bottom is a white label release

hope this helps

image.thumb.jpeg.5e6bf3ee8e02daf7cd964c188d34222a.jpeg

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

This is from the Timmion website as of 1 minute ago....Yellow 2nd Press

Timmion.GIF

Got one of the 2nd pressings (yellow) on it's way, along with the Three Baby Cuffs 'My my my baby' so looking forward to the post.

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
39 minutes ago, Kev John said:

the Yellow label is the Official  release

I would regard them all as official original releases, in years to come no one will care, this track is so good it wil probably get re-issued at some point in the future, what a great time currently for new soul releases

Social source share

20 minutes ago, shufflin said:

I would regard them all as official original releases, in years to come no one will care, this track is so good it wil probably get re-issued at some point in the future, what a great time currently for new soul releases

Agree with you  on all points  :wink:

Edited by Kev John
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, shufflin said:

3 hours ago, Kev John said:

Agree with you  on all points  :wink:

For what its worth I don't see how two different colour labels released at the same time could be regarded differently.

I just liked the white label and wanted one 😪

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, John Reed said:

So when buying new releases we now have to worry about getting pre-order releases, just in case they end up different colour 😲.  POOVO (Pre Order Original Vinyl Only) is the next big thing.......

Not really. The question really was why when on pre-release order and all the advertised copies were shown as white, people were sent a 2nd press (Timmion's own words) of yellow. No biggie for me as I said above, but there was some confusion caused.

Edited by Billy Jo Jim Bob
Social source share

8 hours ago, Mark R said:

I reckon the artists would wonder what planet they'd landed on if they read all this nonsense!  😂😂😂

Cheers,

Mark R

Its quite simple to understand really if you read the thread. If something is advertised with a certain picture, but what arrives is not the item in the picture, then people question why. For me its got nothing to do with having a first or second press, OVO or any other bollocks, and has nothing what so ever to do with the artist.  I just wanted to understand why I didn't get what I thought I ordered. Call it nonsense if you want but it was a perfectly logical question to ask.

Social source share

2 hours ago, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

Its quite simple to understand really if you read the thread. If something is advertised with a certain picture, but what arrives is not the item in the picture, then people question why. For me its got nothing to do with having a first or second press, OVO or any other bollocks, and has nothing what so ever to do with the artist.  I just wanted to understand why I didn't get what I thought I ordered. Call it nonsense if you want but it was a perfectly logical question to ask.

Agreed in that sense.....advertised/received.

Cheers,

Mark R

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
On 06/03/2019 at 11:22, Mark R said:

I reckon the artists would wonder what planet they'd landed on if they read all this nonsense!  😂😂😂

Cheers,

Mark R

on reflection, I agree

Edited by Shufflin
Mark had a point
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
45 minutes ago, gringo said:

Just spoken to the folks at Timmion who confirm the 45 does not have the spoken intro. But said they are gonna add it to the next cut (album)So only digital release has the spoken intro at the moment.

thanks for posting this news

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
Just now, philb said:

All are original in my eyes. 

they are all from the same stamper, released in same time frame and so it's really a no brainer, of course they are, I don't think anyone would argue unless they are a bit odd 🙂

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!