Limmie And Family Cookin

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Guest WPaulVanDyk

i know that could i could get some laughs here but i just thought how great they were Limmie and Family cookin when i heard You Can Do Magic on local soul show on radio while at work and i got tapping my feet. any suggestions on other songs i should check would be great.

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

i know that could i could get some laughs here but i just thought how great they were Limmie and Family cookin when i heard You Can Do Magic on local soul show on radio while at work and i got tapping my feet. any suggestions on other songs i should check would be great.

Highwire - Limmie and Family Cookin

which is very much like

One Night In Heaven - M People

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
Flip the 45 over mate, both sides were played on the northern scene as a new release. Also remember seeing them live in Colwyn Bay early 70's, one of the first acts I ever saw live. thumbsup.gif Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Flip the 45 over mate, both sides were played on the northern scene as a new release. Also remember seeing them live in Colwyn Bay early 70's, one of the first acts I ever saw live. thumbsup.gif

Limmie & the Family Cookin' ........

The b-side of " YCDM " - " Spider " was indeed played on the scene ; I can remember hearing it played at The Torch . Another good side is " Win , Place Or Show " by The Intruders : again this was played at Stoke .

Malc Burton

Social source share

seem to remember seeing these at Top Rank Hanley on my 18th!!!! not really the right setting for them, coming on and doin walkin miracle and you can do magic to the soulies there that day, still i seem to recall the b side Spider or something was an uptempo tune, must dig it out, it may sound good today, but there again...... shades.gif

rob h.

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

limmie "saturday nights the night" psycho

lovely modern type track thats on the same label as he foundations.

he also had an lp on the same label that i think only got released in switzerland

heard some great stories about limmie, his womanising and his drinking.

i think he returned back to the u.s after his psycho stuff didnt fair to well at the time.

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

Limmie & the Family Cookin' ........

The b-side of " YCDM " - " Spider " was indeed played on the scene ; I can remember hearing it played at The Torch . Another good side is " Win , Place Or Show " by The Intruders : again this was played at Stoke .

Malc Burton

Malc you are correct it was played at the Torch and also the Mecca, and no doubt lots of other venue's around that time. :thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest mel brat

Flip the 45 over mate, both sides were played on the northern scene as a new release. Also remember seeing them live in Colwyn Bay early 70's, one of the first acts I ever saw live. :thumbsup:

How strange! I was only thinking about them the other day! I saw them at the Lafayette in Wolverhampton C.1974 I think, and they gave me an autographed photo - even though I didn't ask for one! :wicked: "You Can Do Magic" still brings back fond memories. (Not so their other recordings!) Incidently, I also remember an incident during a TV Pop quiz show, presented by Radio One DJ Peter Powell (I Think). A question was asked about who had a hit with "A Walking Miracle" - and they showed a photo of MARTHA REEVES & The VANDELLAS on the background screen! The worst part was that not a single member of the panel noticed anything odd! Well, I suppose they did "all look the same" didn't they...? :angry:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert