Calvin Williams - Any info on who he was please ?

• Replies 8
  • Views 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

He is a great vocalist. Isn't he just Calvin Williams?

One thing I have noticed is that there are 2 different label designs and pressing plants used on the Northern Del La release of "It Won't Matter At All"/"Lonely You'll Be". One is like the one pictured, and the other has GM scratched in the runout. The GM variation usually as a lot of pressing bubbles/flecks in the vinyl!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

6 hours ago, solidsoul said:

He is a great vocalist. Isn't he just Calvin Williams?

One thing I have noticed is that there are 2 different label designs and pressing plants used on the Northern Del La release of "It Won't Matter At All"/"Lonely You'll Be". One is like the one pictured, and the other has GM scratched in the runout. The GM variation usually as a lot of pressing bubbles/flecks in the vinyl!

Was the other the larger font Cat number?, I will dig it out later and post image :)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Typos
Social source share

As you've probably figured out from the Soulful Detroit forum, Calvin Williams = Lloyd Williams.

After his solo career, he was a member of the Undisputed Truth during their Whitfield Records stint. 

That's him in the middle with his arms stretched out - 

ut.jpg

Social source share

1 hour ago, the yank said:

As you've probably figured out from the Soulful Detroit forum, Calvin Williams = Lloyd Williams.

After his solo career, he was a member of the Undisputed Truth during their Whitfield Records stint. 

That's him in the middle with his arms stretched out - 

ut.jpg

Thanks, I wasn't sure which is why I thought we should try and find out more :)

He is on facebook if someone wants to get the story (For here please....not another book :))

I don't do facebook but this is him

https://www.facebook.com/lloyd.williams.374/about?lst=100028249085330%3A100000588261953%3A1551981390

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/03/2019 at 16:15, Blackpoolsoul said:

Was the other the larger font Cat number?, I will dig it out later and post image :)

Also noticed the small font Northern Del La 501 has a different label address than the large font Northern Del La 501.

8910 Linwood   Detroit.

5725 14th St   Detroit.

The Telma Laverne Northern Del La 502 has the Linwood address.

Northern Del La 503 Calvin Williams "Going and Get It" has the 5725 14th St. address! 

Such a minefield this record collecting!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!