Any decent record shops in Amsterdam

2 hours ago, Keamus said:

Got a long weekend in Amsterdam in late March. Any good shops stocking Northern that you know about and would recommend?

Cheers

Keamus   

Amsterdam is saturated with record shops - as the link Kees posted shows. Record Mania has a lot of soul stock ranging from cheapies to the more expensive. For the pricier stuff, ask for the boxes that are kept behind the counter. Beware - JM's price guide is gospel!

Waxwell and City Records are always worth a visit. The best tip I can offer is to recommend you hire a bike and cycle your way from record shop to record shop.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

In Prague today on business trip, was going to ask the same of this fair city...  nothing cooking I’m afraid, found one place and chatted to the owner regards companies that licensed black music back in the day, weren’t that many... surprise surprise

I did find this though, deffo shit but I just love the label 🙂

good luck in Amsterdam ! 

Mal 

73A79118-D044-4712-882A-891545EAC459.jpeg

Social source share

Prosim:-) as the Czech’s say...

in Brno today, Czech’s second city, and found a few more shops. But no Czech releases of soul records, lots of Jazz, no soul 😞

I did find an Indian Bombay /  Ploydor copy of the Millie Jackson lp ‘Still caught up”...

take that 🙂

Malcolm 

CCA40917-E54E-419E-B41F-C47EBC9F15E2.jpeg

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!