News: Ebay High Flyers February 2019 - Soul Auction Results

Mike

Ouch - someone REALLY wanted that Jimmy Bo Horne - remember seeing it for a tonne at Bradford 30 years ago when it was first getting played.

SURELY someone's taking the p*ss on Maurice Williams?

...And at that price it's tempting to let my Herbert Hunter go - but then again no.

Dx

Edited by DaveNPete
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

If only I would have hung on with selling my records 35 years ago...

Ringleaders was a pound record. Hundreds turned up.

Gloria &  the Tiaras four quid straight off soul bowl.

Must be hundreds of serious collectors, if not thousands.

Long may it continue.

Ed

Social source share

Larry Allen.  $1300.  I know it's harder than the L Allen but fcuk me. It's a £400 to £500 tune. Some crazy people paying crazy prices 

Does anyone know of  anyone that's personally  bought at these prices or are they closet buyers 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

7 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Larry Allen.  $1300.  I know it's harder than the L Allen but fcuk me. It's a £400 to £500 tune. Some crazy people paying crazy prices 

Does anyone know of  anyone that's personally  bought at these prices or are they closet buyers 

I came out of the closet to buy Rose Battiste. The record is now filed in the closet. I also helped push the price of Larry Allen to a silly level with a special secret strategy bid... I also helped push the the price of Maurice Williams up a few years ago with a similar bid - now every seller seems to think the highest sale price ever is the current going rate.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

19 hours ago, DaveNPete said:

Ouch - someone REALLY wanted that Jimmy Bo Horne - remember seeing it for a tonne at Bradford 30 years ago when it was first getting played.

SURELY someone's taking the p*ss on Maurice Williams?

...And at that price it's tempting to let my Herbert Hunter go - but then again no.

Dx

Dave,I remember Andy Blake picked up two copies for £30!!(Jimmie Bo Horne)

He kept one,and swapped the other with me for Little John”heartbreakin’ time”

• Up vote 1
Social source share

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Modern-Soul-Boogie-45-MAGIC-Get-On-The-Dance-Floor-NORTHSIDE-HEAR-/323666370806?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

$1100 ? You have to seriously question the buying habits of some poeple don't you? I'd never heard of it before, the record sounds in quite trashed condition anyhow and both tracks are so average it almost defies belief. I wonder how many LP's worth £15 and under, containing far better tracks than those, the buyer owns. It would be hard to call it a trophy.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

1 hour ago, Martin S said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Modern-Soul-Boogie-45-MAGIC-Get-On-The-Dance-Floor-NORTHSIDE-HEAR-/323666370806?_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l44720&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

$1100 ? You have to seriously question the buying habits of some poeple don't you? I'd never heard of it before, the record sounds in quite trashed condition anyhow and both tracks are so average it almost defies belief. I wonder how many LP's worth £15 and under, containing far better tracks than those, the buyer owns. It would be hard to call it a trophy.

I agree totally it sold for £60 in 2013, this happens though for some strange reason :)

Social source share

8 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I agree totally

If I stayed on the site long enough I knew someone finally would! 🙂

It's hard to believe there was at least one other "genuine" bidder prepared to pay close to the closing amount.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!