Colt 45's and Jerry Records - Help please ?

Firstly, apologies if this has been covered before and please direct me to any previous threads

I would like to know anything about the 2 (or more) singles (which appear to be Philly related) and artist and writers please as I cannot find much on the Web

It appears that labels were reversed (I don't know if on all or some)

Jerry A.jpg

Jerry B 07.28.02.jpg

Colt A 07.04.37.jpg

Colt B 07.04.39.jpg

Social source share

I don't think the label was owned by Ben Lee, but the record was definitely produced by them. I spoke to Frank Bendinelli briefly about this record, and from what I remember he said that "Jerry" went off and did his own thing with the tunes, putting it out on his own label - I can only presume that Jerry was the driving force and probably lead singer/founder of Colt 45's and probably the G. Billups (Gerald Billups?) on the credits. I'm only guessing here, will try and confirm some of this. I also think it's unlikely that this has anything to do with Steve Colt - I don't think he was a Philly guy? Glad to be put right on any of the above

Des

Edited by SOUL INC
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, SOUL INC said:

I don't think the label was owned by Ben Lee, but the record was definitely produced by them. I spoke to Frank Bendinelli briefly about this record, and from what I remember he said that "Jerry" went off and did his own thing with the tunes, putting it out on his own label - I can only presume that Jerry was the driving force and probably lead singer/founder of Colt 45's and probably the G. Billups (Gerald Billups?) on the credits. I'm only guessing here, will try and confirm some of this. I also think it's unlikely that this has anything to do with Steve Colt - I don't think he was a Philly guy? Glad to be put right on any of the above

Des

Then I presume Jerry of Jerry and Willa, probably G. Billups as you suggest.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!