Archie Bell - Touchin You - 1982 Obscurity Canada Only

Playing this 12" this morning made me wonder whether many of you know this track. It didn't show up in the Soul Source search engine so perhaps it hasn't been discussed here before. Released in 1982 but only on a Canadian pressing, both on 7" and 12", I believe a very small number of copies made it to the UK as a new release on 12, no idea re the 7, perhaps someone can confirm this by way of a listing in the Blues & Soul mags. I've only ever found the 12", three copies at most, the first one in July 1995. I expect some of you will have overlooked it thinking it was a track from the 1981 Becket LP containing Harder And Harder. The intro is rather uninspiring but once it gets going it's a good track and should appeal to most on here, I really like the occasional keyboard hook. There's plenty of copies of the 12" for sale on Discogs but the sellers appear to have minimal interest in actually selling it based on the price versus probability historically, although the fact remains it's nigh on impossible to find it anywhere else but on the internet for UK buyers. Interested to hear your feedback on this one, thanks, Martin 

https://www.discogs.com/Archie-Bell-Touchin-You/master/712634

Edited by Guest
Social source share

David Morris is better known in jazz funk/boogie circles for his "Saturday night" single on Becket. He was also involved in Garfield Fleming's "Don't send me away" as well as Archie Bell's own Becket released LP. However previous to these he released various singles, including this manic stomper:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!