Jump to content
  • Sign Up
barney profile photo

what do you say

Freebasing barney

 
Posted

Accordion to a recent survey, replacing words with the names of musical instruments in a sentence often goes undetected

  • Up vote 4

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Uke can only get away with that joke here  but dont fret two much about it bet you a tenor someone comes along and trumpets .

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
17 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Uke can only get away with that joke here  but dont fret two much about it bet you a tenor someone comes along and trumpets .

Oboe they wont

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, barney said:

Oboe they wont

 

Harmonica said the same thing 

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Mark S said:

Harmonica said the same thing 

like your stylus

#

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

This needs to be moved to freebassoon.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

i was triangle to think of a good one for days but couldn't. no harp done.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Wasn’t sure what to bass this on so I’ll drum up something later. 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

You can only fiddle for so long with this thread. 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

My car's broken down - I'll have to call a Tuba.

What a strange thread - Well done that man :rofl:

Len :thumbsup:

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Nice wholesome thread. Glad to see we don't have any mentions of sax and violins ! 

 

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Hells bells !

Cheeze Paul

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

this thread is a cymbal of everything wrong with the soul scene, it's like a snare, only a spoon would engage in it

  • Up vote 4

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Most of yu,have managed to reply brilliantly,

I just feel a little dizi to think of an instrument or two,sorry

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I dont say much on these forums but do like to listen to you lot harp on...

 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

A mate of mine plays saxophone. He was performing last night and there was some sort of crowd disturbance that lead to him having to defend himself which he did with his instrument, landing several blows to his attacker who suffered multiple injuries, deservedly so I'm advised. All of this lead to him being arrested and I had to pay some bail money in this afternoon. I couldn't believe what he'd been charged with, reed rage. 

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
2 minutes ago, Martin S said:

A mate of mine plays saxophone. He was performing last night and there was some sort of crowd disturbance that lead to him having to defend himself which he did with his instrument, landing several blows to his attacker who suffered multiple injuries, deservedly so I'm advised. All of this lead to him being arrested and I had to pay some bail money in this afternoon. I couldn't believe what he'd been charged with, reed rage. 

Does this mean he'll be on the Sax Offenders Register?

  • Up vote 6

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
8 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Does this mean he'll be on the Sax Offenders Register?

Well. He won't be blowing his own trumpet for a while 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Does this mean he'll be on the Sax Offenders Register?

Not entirely. To be more precise, as I reed it he's more likely to be placed on the Sax O' Fenders Register. He was highly strung this morning and I can't see him changing his tune in a rush. I couldn't stick around.

Edited by Martin S

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 minute ago, Martin S said:

Not entirely. To be more precise, as I reed it he's more likely to be placed on the Sax O' Fenders Register, bassically.

so he'll still be able to get a jug or two and then nip down to the raj for a curry? sounds like a bit of a sackbut though

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
19 minutes ago, Martin S said:

A mate of mine plays saxophone. He was performing last night and there was some sort of crowd disturbance that lead to him having to defend himself which he did with his instrument, landing several blows to his attacker who suffered multiple injuries, deservedly so I'm advised. All of this lead to him being arrested and I had to pay some bail money in this afternoon. I couldn't believe what he'd been charged with, reed rage. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Reed rage! 😂😂😂😂 Seriously tickled!! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂 Can't stop laughing. 👍

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Even worse news since my last posting. I was expecting him to be released this evening, but he's now been charged with a second offence. It's alleged that at the time the first offence happened the band were half way through playing a cover version of "Don't Ya Think I'm Saxy," as a result of which he's also been charged with Rod rage.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

😂😂🤣😂🤣😂 Enough! Enough!!! Omg!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

 

Hope he has the Lute for a good solicitor or he'll be behind Bars for a long time...

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
26 minutes ago, flamingemeralds said:

😂😂🤣😂🤣😂 Enough! Enough!!! Omg!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

@flamingemeralds Can't help but notice, you look a bit of a sax cymbal if you don't mind me saying. 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
5 minutes ago, Martin S said:

@flamingemeralds Can't help but notice, you look a bit of a sax cymbal if you don't mind me saying. 

Chat up lines like that you will be having to Fender off .

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
3 minutes ago, Mark S said:

Chat up lines like that you will be having to Fender off .

It was only a compliment, I wasn't trying to snare her.

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Some interesting sport this weekend. I'm particularly looking forward to the Sax Nations. In the football, Reeds United host Sheffield United in the 2nd Division, whilst 3rd division leaders Fluton Town are at home to Gillingham. I watched the Turntable Tennis this afternoon, not sure if it was instrumental to my day but both players showed wonderful Techniques so it came as no surprise the result was 12-10. Rafael Nadar pulled out of his match with DJ Okovic, Tenors elbow sited as the reason although Accordion to some he simply failed to arrive on time due to problems with his Tom Tom.  

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
9 minutes ago, Martin S said:

Some interesting sport this weekend. I'm particularly looking forward to the Sax Nations. In the football, Reeds United host Sheffield United in the 2nd Division, whilst 3rd division leaders Fluton Town are at home to Gillingham. I watched the Turntable Tennis this afternoon, not sure if it was instrumental to my day but both players showed wonderful Techniques so it came as no surprise the result was 12-10. Rafael Nadar pulled out of his match with DJ Okovic, Tenors elbow sited as the reason although Accordion to some he simply failed to arrive on time due to problems with his Tom Tom.  

Is this Martin S guy some sort of genius????? 😂😂😂😂🤣😂🤣😂.   😂😂😂😂🤣😂🤣.  

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

I held it together until Fluton Town 😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Soul Source equivalent of The Two Ronnies!! 😂😂😂😂😂

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Martin S said:

@flamingemeralds Can't help but notice, you look a bit of a sax cymbal if you don't mind me saying. 

Sax cymbal? With my double bass??? 😉😂

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

@flamingemeralds I wasn't trying to give the impression I was on the pick up earlier, or that I was simply looking for some no strings fun. 

[Edit: At which point I now realise I'm down to puns which are components based thus deviating somewhat from the original criteria].

 

Edited by Martin S

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
28 minutes ago, Martin S said:

@flamingemeralds I wasn't trying to give the impression I was on the pick up earlier, or that I was simply looking for some no strings fun. 

[Edit: At which point I now realise I'm down to puns which are components based thus deviating somewhat from the original criteria].

 

Yes, you'll be told to pipe down soon! 😂

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

without wishing to intrude, I'm definitely not going to mention the organ, this thread has gone all euphonium, it's like you are taking the pipes, sitar even

 

Edited by shufflin
  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

Just a quick one from me as I need to go to the shops bassoon with my girlfriend, a talented keyboardist by the name of Synthia.

I haven't quite finished our shopping list yet but I may as well share some of it with you: 

Flute juice, horn flakes, sea bass, steelpancakes, Stratocaster sugar, a bottle of Bordeaux [we enjoy a good clarinet], and a couple of trombones for the dog to chew on. We're keen on dental health [although not the dog's it would appear] so a packet of tooth piccolos and a tuba toothpaste. 

Edited by Martin S
  • Up vote 4

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted (edited)

I just found this photo of a legendary trumpeter heading off to a mornings work. Ready Breker if I'm not mistaken?

Related image

 

Edited by Martin S
  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Best leave the horn out of this

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

You're all lyres

  • Up vote 4

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, Martin S said:

Just a quick one from me as I need to go to the shops bassoon with my girlfriend, a talented keyboardist by the name of Synthia.

I haven't quite finished our shopping list yet but I may as well share some of it with you: 

Flute juice, horn flakes, sea bass, steelpancakes, Stratocaster sugar, a bottle of Bordeaux [we enjoy a good clarinet], and a couple of trombones for the dog to chew on. We're keen on dental health [although not the dog's it would appear] so a packet of tooth piccolos and a tuba toothpaste. 

Tuba toothpaste 😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!!!!

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Sounds like someone,s on drugs to me. Or should be. 

🤣🤣🤣

Steve 

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
25 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Sounds like someone,s on drugs to me. Or should be. 

🤣🤣🤣

Steve 

I think you're right Steve!!!! That, or he's an exceptionally talented pseudo-comedian!!! Either way, I don't care. Just when I thought Friday night was going to be exceptionally dull, up pops Martin the Musical Maestro! 😂👌👍 He had me laughing out loud.  Tuba toothpaste!!!!!!  😂😂😂😂 Oh god......🤣

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, flamingemeralds said:

Tuba toothpaste 😂

I would admit I do a bit of writing now and then, enough to know that a tuba toothpaste was the best of the lot and to leave it until last in order to clean up. In second place I quite like the idea of steelpancakes, popular in Sheffield for many years I'm lead to believe, but given how difficult they'd be to eat I don't envisage anyone's teeth being stainless after doing so. 

On the subject of drugs, did you hear about the ecstasy supplying musician who police busted this morning? They raided his E flat.

 

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

You're going to have me bursting a blood vessel you are!!!! 🤣

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
39 minutes ago, Martin S said:

I would admit I do a bit of writing now and then, enough to know that a tuba toothpaste was the best of the lot and to leave it until last in order to clean up. In second place I quite like the idea of steelpancakes, popular in Sheffield for many years I'm lead to believe, but given how difficult they'd be to eat I don't envisage anyone's teeth being stainless after doing so. 

On the subject of drugs, did you hear about the ecstasy supplying musician who police busted this morning? They raided his E flat.

 

Where they by any chance the Beat bobbies who had previously been instrumental in  the arrest of  a oboe for loitering in a music shop

  • Up vote 2

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

Fidel Castronets - Wasn't he the ruler of image.jpeg.755239fe2f662c1f65ce209def9555be.jpeg ?

  • Up vote 1

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted

An hour or so since I posted anything as I had a few problems to deal with, as a result of which I'm now in a bad moog.

Hopefully it won't last long, could just be a minimoog. Not expecting anyone to synthesize but feel free to.

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Posted
16 hours ago, flamingemeralds said:

Soul Source equivalent of The Two Ronnies!

Messrs. Bacher & Cornet ? 🙂

Share this source music forum post


soul source url
Guest profile photo
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.