Jump to content
  • Sign Up
barney

what do you say

Recommended Posts

A mate of mine plays saxophone. He was performing last night and there was some sort of crowd disturbance that lead to him having to defend himself which he did with his instrument, landing several blows to his attacker who suffered multiple injuries, deservedly so I'm advised. All of this lead to him being arrested and I had to pay some bail money in this afternoon. I couldn't believe what he'd been charged with, reed rage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Steve S 60 said:

Does this mean he'll be on the Sax Offenders Register?

Not entirely. To be more precise, as I reed it he's more likely to be placed on the Sax O' Fenders Register. He was highly strung this morning and I can't see him changing his tune in a rush. I couldn't stick around.

Edited by Martin S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Martin S said:

Not entirely. To be more precise, as I reed it he's more likely to be placed on the Sax O' Fenders Register, bassically.

so he'll still be able to get a jug or two and then nip down to the raj for a curry? sounds like a bit of a sackbut though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Sign up/in to remove

19 minutes ago, Martin S said:

A mate of mine plays saxophone. He was performing last night and there was some sort of crowd disturbance that lead to him having to defend himself which he did with his instrument, landing several blows to his attacker who suffered multiple injuries, deservedly so I'm advised. All of this lead to him being arrested and I had to pay some bail money in this afternoon. I couldn't believe what he'd been charged with, reed rage. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even worse news since my last posting. I was expecting him to be released this evening, but he's now been charged with a second offence. It's alleged that at the time the first offence happened the band were half way through playing a cover version of "Don't Ya Think I'm Saxy," as a result of which he's also been charged with Rod rage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some interesting sport this weekend. I'm particularly looking forward to the Sax Nations. In the football, Reeds United host Sheffield United in the 2nd Division, whilst 3rd division leaders Fluton Town are at home to Gillingham. I watched the Turntable Tennis this afternoon, not sure if it was instrumental to my day but both players showed wonderful Techniques so it came as no surprise the result was 12-10. Rafael Nadar pulled out of his match with DJ Okovic, Tenors elbow sited as the reason although Accordion to some he simply failed to arrive on time due to problems with his Tom Tom.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Martin S said:

Some interesting sport this weekend. I'm particularly looking forward to the Sax Nations. In the football, Reeds United host Sheffield United in the 2nd Division, whilst 3rd division leaders Fluton Town are at home to Gillingham. I watched the Turntable Tennis this afternoon, not sure if it was instrumental to my day but both players showed wonderful Techniques so it came as no surprise the result was 12-10. Rafael Nadar pulled out of his match with DJ Okovic, Tenors elbow sited as the reason although Accordion to some he simply failed to arrive on time due to problems with his Tom Tom.  

Is this Martin S guy some sort of genius????? 😂😂😂😂🤣😂🤣😂.   😂😂😂😂🤣😂🤣.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@flamingemeralds I wasn't trying to give the impression I was on the pick up earlier, or that I was simply looking for some no strings fun. 

[Edit: At which point I now realise I'm down to puns which are components based thus deviating somewhat from the original criteria].

 

Edited by Martin S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Martin S said:

@flamingemeralds I wasn't trying to give the impression I was on the pick up earlier, or that I was simply looking for some no strings fun. 

[Edit: At which point I now realise I'm down to puns which are components based thus deviating somewhat from the original criteria].

 

Yes, you'll be told to pipe down soon! 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a quick one from me as I need to go to the shops bassoon with my girlfriend, a talented keyboardist by the name of Synthia.

I haven't quite finished our shopping list yet but I may as well share some of it with you: 

Flute juice, horn flakes, sea bass, steelpancakes, Stratocaster sugar, a bottle of Bordeaux [we enjoy a good clarinet], and a couple of trombones for the dog to chew on. We're keen on dental health [although not the dog's it would appear] so a packet of tooth piccolos and a tuba toothpaste. 

Edited by Martin S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martin S said:

Just a quick one from me as I need to go to the shops bassoon with my girlfriend, a talented keyboardist by the name of Synthia.

I haven't quite finished our shopping list yet but I may as well share some of it with you: 

Flute juice, horn flakes, sea bass, steelpancakes, Stratocaster sugar, a bottle of Bordeaux [we enjoy a good clarinet], and a couple of trombones for the dog to chew on. We're keen on dental health [although not the dog's it would appear] so a packet of tooth piccolos and a tuba toothpaste. 

Tuba toothpaste 😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Sounds like someone,s on drugs to me. Or should be. 

🤣🤣🤣

Steve 

I think you're right Steve!!!! That, or he's an exceptionally talented pseudo-comedian!!! Either way, I don't care. Just when I thought Friday night was going to be exceptionally dull, up pops Martin the Musical Maestro! 😂👌👍 He had me laughing out loud.  Tuba toothpaste!!!!!!  😂😂😂😂 Oh god......🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, flamingemeralds said:

Tuba toothpaste 😂

I would admit I do a bit of writing now and then, enough to know that a tuba toothpaste was the best of the lot and to leave it until last in order to clean up. In second place I quite like the idea of steelpancakes, popular in Sheffield for many years I'm lead to believe, but given how difficult they'd be to eat I don't envisage anyone's teeth being stainless after doing so. 

On the subject of drugs, did you hear about the ecstasy supplying musician who police busted this morning? They raided his E flat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Martin S said:

I would admit I do a bit of writing now and then, enough to know that a tuba toothpaste was the best of the lot and to leave it until last in order to clean up. In second place I quite like the idea of steelpancakes, popular in Sheffield for many years I'm lead to believe, but given how difficult they'd be to eat I don't envisage anyone's teeth being stainless after doing so. 

On the subject of drugs, did you hear about the ecstasy supplying musician who police busted this morning? They raided his E flat.

 

Where they by any chance the Beat bobbies who had previously been instrumental in  the arrest of  a oboe for loitering in a music shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An hour or so since I posted anything as I had a few problems to deal with, as a result of which I'm now in a bad moog.

Hopefully it won't last long, could just be a minimoog. Not expecting anyone to synthesize but feel free to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.