Tainted Love on JM - WTFlip!

Jim G

Guest Shufflin

"Beggin'" was auctioned off last week (ffs, that DID surprise me), this one is a 'trophy record' for the top 500 community I guess, lots of records I'd rather spend £800 or more on but good luck to all interested in it

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

just to add, JM has previously explained that NS collecting is truly an international thing - so maybe not view it through a UK perspective - even so....mad

Edited by Shufflin
typo
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
3 minutes ago, jim g said:

Two on Ebay in the last few weeks, one a mint- demo both under £150.....

I agree it's bonkers, so not arguing at all  - but were they (ebay ones) defo legit copies? maybe people buy on these auctions cos they are guaranteed a clean legit copy - I  don't know just playing devils advocate, still...

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

15 hours ago, shufflin said:

I agree it's bonkers, so not arguing at all  - but were they (ebay ones) defo legit copies? maybe people buy on these auctions cos they are guaranteed a clean legit copy - I  don't know just playing devils advocate, still...

I think you're right, these buyer's must be relatively new to collecting and are buying their way in!  They don't really know what there doing, so rely on Mr Manship to keep them right!!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

I've said it before and I'll say it again...

Auctions are different animals to normal trading.

Folks get caught up in a fight to win.

The prize is sometime irrelevant, but the satisfaction of winning beats all.

Saw a guy once bid £2k for a pair of unworn Ricky Hatton sky blue boxing gloves whilst slightly tipsy, just to say he won. You can imagine the moans the following day.

Set sales with offers considered are far more realistic.

Ed

• Up vote 2
Social source share

18 hours ago, shufflin said:

just to add, JM has previously explained that NS collecting is truly an international thing - so maybe not view it through a UK perspective - even so....mad

International it maybe but that is for all aspects of the soul genre.  Deep collectors will pay big money for the right records etc but IMO it is the brits driving the prices for records like this.

Social source share

Not even an auction record. Really common and widely available in decent condition at set-sale prices. Played to death so rarely spun in public. Sure, a classic and a must-have record for the dedicated collector, but not at the sum we are looking at.

The bidders must have so much money, they can bid any amount for any record and expect to win. OK, fine, they’re stinking rich. But what’s the point of being rich if you are stupid?

No wonder the Yanks stick high prices on non-rare records in the hope some rich fool gets sucked in.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

23 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Every other record seems to be a auction record these days. Dealers holding the auctions are as much to blame.  No doubt charging both sellers and buyers a auction fee. They can't lose . Especially when idiots are so easy to part with there money .

Steve 

The middleman always wins...

Ed

• Up vote 2
Social source share

The reason many collectors are satisfied with just owning the Soft Cell version of Tainted Love,

is because unlike the Gloria Jones version, it won’t cost a Mark Almond a leg. 🤣

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!