Tata Vega/AWB Etc - Get It Up For Love - Orig Version/s

In my opinion just an average track and one I have always felt was overrated when compared to what else is out there,  but nonetheless I feel it's worth getting to the bottom of it. Prior to the rise of Discogs I had always thought the original release of this song was by David Cassidy in 1975, however this afternoon having just looked at writer Ned Doheny's credits it appears that could even be the fourth release of it! In 1974 it was released by both Johnny Rivers, and an obscure Australian artist Stephen Michael Schwartz. In 1975 it also appeared on an LP by The Rhinestones featuring Fatback's Bill Curtis on congas on the track, you couldn't make it up could you? Take a look here for further details, from where one can access the Youtube videos for each version which saves the risk of the page loading too slow if I'd embedded them here. [Note that whoever entered the writing credits for the Johnny Rivers US commercial copy got them the wrong way round].

https://www.discogs.com/artist/185748-Ned-Doheny?filter_anv=0&subtype=Writing-Arrangement&type=Credits

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

2 hours ago, Roburt said:

Always loved this cut (though the 7" version is my choice) …. half the length of this version …

As I said in my opening post: 

Take a look here for further details, from where one can access the Youtube videos for each version which saves the risk of the page loading too slow if I'd embedded them here. 

Please, there is no point entering embedded videos of tracks that I would estimate close to, if not 100% of the members already own or know, at the expense of taking up huge space and increasing the page loading time, or for people using a low memory application, crashing it. Thanks

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!