Edwin Starr-George Kerr.

Hi Andy,it's in my top ten of all time and I've only just found this out.I suppose it's not particularly an article as such, but if you look under Edwin Starr I have faith in you and play it,George says it was him who wrote and produced it. The stuff he was behind is endless. Chris. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Wheelsville1 said:

While trawling through the net,I came across an article from 2 years ago where George Kerr claims to have wrote and produced Edwin Starrs-i have faith in you.Is this so,as he is not credited in any way on the label.? 

Not so and not on Doni's version either, most interesting :)

Edwin.jpg

Doni.jpg

Social source share

Jeannine Greer .... Maiden name ... 

As I recall George was signed to Jobete as a songwriter which was the contractual reason for putting his wife's name on it

it was also why any arranger credits, as on the Maltese 45s, were attributed to Mr Lucky .. George 'in disguise'

Andy

Edited by Andy Rix
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

On 15/03/2019 at 07:55, Andy Rix said:

Jeannine Greer .... Maiden name ... 

As I recall George was signed to Jobete as a songwriter which was the contractual reason for putting his wife's name on it

it was also why any arranger credits, as on the Maltese 45s, were attributed to Mr Lucky .. George 'in disguise'

Andy

So was he the Mr Lucky who sang that wonderful record called "Born To Love You" on Stardom?

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!