barney

Anyone for chess

2 hours ago, stevegods said:

I feel like a pawn in all of this, only being able to take one step forward . But at least it all seems so Black and White . 

What  happens when your knight gets taken by a bishop......................  Fill the missing words in yourselves . 

Steve 

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Chess top 10...(not the record label obviously)

Pawn In My Side-The Eurythmics

Castles In The Air-Don McLean

A Tribute To A King -William Bell

Knights In White Satin -The Moody Blues

The Rook Of Love-Dusty Springfield

Our Favourite Bishop-The Style Council 

Stalemate-Joss Stone

Check On It-Beyonce

Only A Pawn In Their Game-Bob Dylan

God Save The Queen-Traditional

Edited by Soulsides

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

I suppose most folks here will know the A side of this one but I've always really liked the flip.

Bobby McClure 'Peak Of Love' on Checker Records a subsidiary of the mighty Chess label.

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Another favourite from the Checker label is this record by Little Milton  'Grits Ain't Groceries'.

The lyrics to this one always make me smile..

Edited by Soulsides

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

This should have been in the What Do You Say theme, but I missed out due to 8 days concentrating on Cheltenham and then catching up with bits n pieces.

Did all of the previous submissions make sure that they were OVO (Original Violins Only)!!!!!

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Nice. I'm wondering whether Mike closed What Do You say, in error for this chess one as the image and thread he left upon closure was actually of this thread. I'd like to see What Do You say reopened especially as I realised I had a better Two Ronnies posting than the one that I did get out. Mike, if you're reading, it's clear that a lot of us really enjoyed that thread and it kept us laughing, there was plenty of life left in it.

Ronnie Richenbarker & Ronnie Cornet

Edited by Martin S

forum share

soul source url
Social source share
1 minute ago, Martin S said:

Nice. I'm wondering whether Mike closed What Do You say, in error for this chess one as the image and thread he left upon closure was actually of this thread. I'd like to see What Do You say reopened especially as I realised I had a better Two Ronnies posting than the one that I did get out. Mike, if you're reading, it's clear that a lot of us really enjoyed that thread and it kept us laughing, away from people who take the scene too serious, there was plenty of life left in it.

Ronnie Richenbarker & Ronnie Cornet

so you just want the opportunity to blow your own trumpet and use a few  more euphonisms

forum share

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with the Source Forums

Join in with the discussion

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get the most out of Soul Source

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.