News: New Releases - Spring 2019

Mike

Guest Shufflin

the Brainstory 45 got a release today, limited run of first press with a second press already planned, b side is good too

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
20 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Available to buy in Europe? Shipping from the States is waaaay to expensive

Dusty Groove records (US) have economy shipping as an option I think, not expensive at all, but I don't know if they are stocking it, maybe contact them?

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
3 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

A European source would, of course, be more cost effective

they charged me a little over $5 to ship the Ernest Ernie record to UK 🙂

economy shipping

Dusty Groove are great

Social source share

2 hours ago, Scotters said:

New Lady Wray 45 from Big Crown records out soon and sounds good to me both sides. Pre-order directly or through their page on Bandcamp👍

https://bigcrownrecords.com/store/piece-of-me-b-w-come-on-in/

Fabulous voice. I wondered why she had been quite, she gave birth last year! These two tracks recorded prior to the event.  Hope there is another Lp forthcoming as the last was great. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

interesting release just out on Outta Sight records, first time on 45 and never heard of the Valerie Simpson demo before

"...our OVO… “Are You Trying To Get Rid Of Me Baby”. This storming unreleased dancer first came to our attention courtesy of Kent Records and their 1986 Magic Touch album. The song was originally known by the Crystals on U.A. which has grown in popularity and value in recent times.

VALERIE SIMPSON is better known as one half of music bis. royalty Ashford & Simpson who need little introduction. She co-wrote our topside and “Mr Creator” which she demos here to great effect."

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

Japan release for RSD, very nice high revs & uptempo modern soul number, not cheap for a new release but well worth it imo, sound clips and record for sale on Juno

image.png.12f86879844121959747a99b7ca85033.png

Social source share

On 11/04/2019 at 17:06, seano said:

Yep just gone for this too. Top drawer artist.

Arrived today. Both sides sound great. Sam's voiceover towards the end of 'What's it gonna be' comes in rather loudly and then the whole track fades out to end, but it doesn't detract from a superb tune (well, two of course) from a masterful lyricist and singer.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

as Mike has announced on News, the new O'Jays LP for me today, amazing how they still make something so good

would love to see the Start Stoppin' track on a 45 🙂

Social source share

4 hours ago, JoeSoap said:

This. Out on 7' for the first ever time, I believe. They also issued the LP for Record Store Day. Neither to much interest so far as far as I can tell. But what an utterly fantastic sound (and I believe the 7 is the one that may eventually become sought after). Can you get a better newly released single for a tenner?

These are numbered, how many is the run??

Great track btw 👍

Social source share

I don't know. I got the 7 which is just a general release. Then the LP came out for record shop day, I suppose that would be the numbered one. Can't imagine they did a huge run of either.  Bit odd releasing it both ways as I am not sure if it's all that well known but great to have for the first time on a 7 rather than a repress of the LP! I think I heard / read Shirley herself is involved somehow in the release.

• Thanks 1
Social source share