News: New Releases - Spring 2019

Mike

Guest Shufflin
3 hours ago, JoeSoap said:

great to have for the first time on a 7 rather than a repress of the LP!

thanks for posting this one, what a voice

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

new 45 record

this is one for lovers of the more modern, jazz funky disco stuff - only 200 pressed so will be rare

"Only 200 copies Hand Numbered, and Cover Art Hand made by parisian artist Didier Clain ! !"

which is reason enough to get it 🙂

sadly no video or sound file available to post here, get on over to Bandcamp to listen to it

image.png.5e3149cfb04ccfe596b7c0c81415dbff.png

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

8 hours ago, JoeSoap said:

This is really good, whatever era it came from. Copies drying up...

One of the best recent releases imo . Ltd press ‘White’ originals (released March 2019?) shooting up in price , plenty of ‘yellow’ represses at sub £10 tho . 

Edited by Andybellwood
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 01:01, JoeSoap said:

This one has been about for a few years but now out on (limited) vinyl for the first time, I think? Massive.

What I don't get about this is, why has it suddenly become good just because it's been released on a 45 several years after the original CD was released?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, daved said:

What I don't get about this is, why has it suddenly become good just because it's been released on a 45 several years after the original CD was released?

Cause the northern lot can play it whilst still disappearing up their backsides

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Just landed here - Betty Everett ‘Killer Diller’ 7’’ Ep (33rpm) with pic sleeve . Side A  has 50s alternative takes - ‘Killer Diller’ ,  ‘Ain’t gonna cry’ & ‘My love’. Side B has early 60s sides ‘Why did you have to go’ , ‘I’ll be there’ & ‘I’ve got a claim on you’ 

Released on El Toro . 

https://www.eltororecords.com/El-Toro-R-B/BETTY-EVERETT-KILLER-DILLER-VINYL-CD::449.html?language=en

Edited by Andybellwood
Social source share

3 hours ago, daved said:

The following post is before the 7" release 😉

On 28/12/2018 at 10:03, Scootboy said:

Happy Friday,happy weekend and happy new year

Social source share

15 hours ago, daved said:

Re-read my original message. And don't be so patronising. I'm guessing that some people who are into northern / rare soul like vinyl 7s....

Social source share

5 hours ago, JoeSoap said:

Re-read my original message. And don't be so patronising. I'm guessing that some people who are into northern / rare soul like vinyl 7s....

I don’t he is being patronising and he does have a point, most on these topics are simply not interested in these records until they have had a vinyl release, not everyone btw but the majority.  Hardly anyone was interested in Ernest Ernie when it was just a download, the same for Kindred The Family Soul, hardly anyone on the northern scene is interested in a cd or download. 

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Chalky said:

I don’t he is being patronising and he does have a point, most on these topics are simply not interested in these records until they have had a vinyl release, not everyone btw but the majority.  Hardly anyone was interested in Ernest Ernie when it was just a download, the same for Kindred The Family Soul, hardly anyone on the northern scene is interested in a cd or download. 

Yes indeed but we all know about downloads, etc already. If I hear a new track I like, first thing I do is look if it's out on vinyl. I know it's backwards but like most on here, I suspect, I'm a record collector / child of the 60s / 70s and while I might like something that's only available that way, I am never ever gonna get excited about downloading a download.  Buying a 7 on the other hand....

😂 All the best.

Edited by JoeSoap
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

this one available now on Cannonball, great vocal performance and sax breaks

Edited by Shufflin
Chalky correct thanks for correction, own it so should know lol
Social source share

On ‎10‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 06:10, Chalky said:

No I wasn't and it wasn't a personal dig at Joe Soap. There's lots of people who have only picked up on thiis track, released in 2014, recently because it came out on a 45. It's as if you could pick any one of 100 great tracks relessed this decade and they would become popular despite being ignored, cheap and readily available since their release. If you like this stuff, wouldn't it better to strech beyond vinyl and just seek out the music?

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
1 hour ago, daved said:

If you like this stuff, wouldn't it better to strech beyond vinyl and just seek out the music? 

maybe people do, I listen to music on Spotify, Mixcloud shows, Bandcamp etc plus still buy CD's (lots of tracks CD only) - but it's nice to get the vinyl if it gets released as a 45

vinyl just sounds better to me than a digital file

Social source share

12 hours ago, Shufflin said:

this one is a limited 45 release, can see this selling out before its June shipping date (there is a longer sound clip on Juno than on Bandcamp)

https://martarengroovelvets.bandcamp.com/album/worth-it

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/marta-ren-worth-it/732048-01/

no Youtube video yet

Looking at Bandcamp , this one could sell out pre release ....

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

I remember Grace Love being a 100 copy only record and some ignored it, then it blew up...

Here is another 100 copy only record, this time a very limited release LP in yellow vinyl. Great R&B sound.

Yellow pressing run available to buy now.

https://gemmathetravellers.bandcamp.com/album/true-love

Edited by Shufflin
edition of 100 limited issue yellow vinyl, regular black vinyl laterws
Social source share

On 17/05/2019 at 22:19, Shufflin said:

great new LP from Tony Momrelle, the LP has an exclusive vinyl only track - Bandcamp also has an offer going where you can get the new LP bundled with 2 previous 7" & 10" releases for £25

https://tonymomrelle.bandcamp.com/album/best-is-yet-to-come

Excellent stuff..thanks for posting,Shufflin! 

Apologies Source team, I cant seem to display the YT video as just a link for some reason.

Social source share

16 hours ago, Shufflin said:

I remember Grace Love being a 100 copy only record and some ignored it, then it blew up...

Here is another 100 copy only record, this time a very limited release LP not 45. Great R&B sound.

https://gemmathetravellers.bandcamp.com/album/true-love

Only the yellow vinyl is limited, according to band camp a regular black vinyl as well.....

VINYL LP TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON IN LIMITED EDITION YELLOW VINYL AND REGULAR EDITION LACK VINYL 

Social source share

Guest Shufflin
4 hours ago, Chalky said:

Only the yellow vinyl is limited, according to band camp a regular black vinyl as well.....

reading the blurb closely they have made a limited run of 100 yellow vinyl LP's for sale on Bandcamp and at their concerts, effectively a promo LP

can't see where we can buy the regular black vinyl right now, that comes later I think (May 24th)

Juno has the regular one as 'forthcoming'

Edited by Shufflin
looked into it a bit more
Social source share

12 hours ago, Shufflin said:

reading the blurb closely they have made a limited run of 100 yellow vinyl LP's for sale on Bandcamp and at their concerts, effectively a promo LP

can't see where we can buy the regular black vinyl right now, that comes later I think (May 24th)

Juno has the regular one as 'forthcoming'

There is no link yet for the black vinyl but they say it will be coming.

I don’t quite get the hype or fascination behind some of these European so called soul acts.  This as with others appears to be another release for me that seems to be more about the rarity and the colour than the quality.  Yeah its not a bad Lp, well the two tracks I’ve heard but you only have to look who is behind the production and wonder who it is aimed at.

I’d sooner spend that kinda money on a decent 60s or 70s Lp, there is at the end of the day no comparison.  

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
16 hours ago, Chalky said:

I don’t quite get the hype or fascination behind some of these European so called soul acts.

which "European so called soul acts" do you mean?

I’d sooner spend that kinda money on a decent 60s or 70s Lp

I buy them regulary, but this topic is about new releases

why don't you post some new release recommendations - ones that haven't been posted on SS before?

I do look forward to your new release recommendations

Yeah its not a bad Lp

the artist will be chuffed to hear it, I'm sure

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

loving this, LP selling out fast

from the sales page

"Detroit native singer/songwriter Erika Dawn alongside her prodigy multi talented husband Dee Rhodes are an Atlanta based electro funk/soul duo collectively known as The APX.
Amplified Experiment encores the duo's sound with a 2020 approach, fueled with the influence of the finest traditional 80’s & 90’s style funk, house, & soul.
Including the previously released single Jupiter, Amplified Experiment includes a completely self-produced and masterfully crafted collection of brand new songs that will make you dance, make love, relax or all of the above!"

Social source share

44 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

from the sales page

"Detroit native singer/songwriter Erika Dawn alongside her prodigy multi talented husband Dee Rhodes are an Atlanta based electro funk/soul duo collectively known as The APX.
Amplified Experiment encores the duo's sound with a 2020 approach, fueled with the influence of the finest traditional 80’s & 90’s style funk, house, & soul.
Including the previously released single Jupiter, Amplified Experiment includes a completely self-produced and masterfully crafted collection of brand new songs that will make you dance, make love, relax or all of the above!"

Liking that a lot but can't find much info on it other than saying it's not released until June 20th. My birthday if anyone's stuck for a pressie 🙂

Social source share

49 minutes ago, Shufflin said:

from the sales page

Comes close, but not as good as the track 2 years ago

• Up vote 1
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

if you can get through this without feeling any emotion then you know you have a problem 🙂

a new release album with absolutely amazing soul vocals (obviously the video adds elements not on the audio playback)

this hit me like Angie Stone did back in the day

Social source share