TEDDY P MOVIE

Fantastic, my wife and I watched it and were glued for a couple of hours.

My good lady, has little knowledge of Soul and we had discussed Harold and Teddy's "fall out" ages ago and low and behold it was there for all to see.

Money under Harold's bed (wish I had that!!!), Gamble and Huff in major conversations and referring to each other by their surnames (lovely) :).

The sad accident and knowing Teddy's paranoia about the cops (distressing), but some superb shots of him performing and a great story that should and now has been told.

His mum (wonderful lady) who doted on him after losing 7 unborn children....big hug !!!!

Thank goodness , they didn't show Lenny Henry as "Theodore Wildebeest".

Watch it please, a superb piece of Soul, Disco History.

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Updated
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Yes I watched it last night, with my wife, I new he was in a wheelchair but didn’t know the circumstances and he was only 32, jeez, right in his prime, think they could have delved a bit deeper into the murder of his manager which could have been interesting, he definitely lead a    Full on life and his story would be a great biopic film, I loved his earlier stuff musically but I thought some of his stage performances were a bit cheesy , but my mrs thought he was gorgeous and sexy, mmmm wonder why.

Social source share

Really powerful , emotive , often painful but did justice to his voice and popularity. I would have liked to have heard more about / from HM and the Bluenotes .. and also the post accident years as well. I think a lot of todays RnB singers have been inspired by him .. not least Jaheim. Well worth a watch. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!