Shufflin profile photo

NVM

Posted (edited)

been away, nvm, should have expected the negativity  ah well another lesson learned

Edited by shufflin
  • Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Great stuff (after a few beers) but wouldn't want my kids to witness it - It's my little world :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I prefer the dance floor the kitchens for double cooking 😂😂😂

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Mop slippers and you could polish the floor. 

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Years ago, me and my mate got carried away and 'danced like a couple of t*ssers' in his kitchen. Then there was a knock at the back door - All our other mates had been watching!

Absolutely devastated at the time.

But kitchen dancing - Bring it on! (It's the future) :D

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by shufflin
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

My neighbours often enjoy my tunes (through the wall) But....."Len, why do you always stop them before they've finished?"....

That's Northern SOUL :wink:

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

I used to have regular record sessions at my house around 20 years ago, me and Johhnyt would drink dance and play tunes, I had a neighbour who was into the Caister scene, one night we’d been drinking and dancing and the shirts came off, I suggested we go and get our Caister pal to come have a beer and listen to some soul, we both appeared at his door shirtless and when he answered said “come over we’re getting sweaty” he gave us a very wide birth from that day on. 

Don’t to this day know why??

Edited by philb
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Kitchen dancings Great mainly on New year's Eve. With lots of Great mates has been for the last 6:years  can't beat 30 people like minded musically. A good meal lot's of drink and a night of quality soul all dancing in slippers 😊😊😊

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Facebook finally arrives at Soul Source 🙁 kitchin dancin whilst cookin, party maybe but actually filming yourself and puttin it on youtube 😂

• Up vote 3

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
43 minutes ago, chalky said:

Facebook finally arrives at Soul Source 🙁 kitchin dancin whilst cookin, party maybe but actually filming yourself and puttin it on youtube 😂

Don't google 'Kitchen Dancing' Len.......Don't google 'Kitchen Dancing' Len......Don't google 'Kitchen Dancing' Len......Don't google 'Kitchen Dancing'.....

You're at it again Chalky! :huh: :D

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

In terms of eccentricity I do believe I can improve on that ,but I'll probably be getting measured up for the special little white jacket afterwards.

Wet days, one playlist 75 to 78 minutes in length, one Ipod and last ,but certainly not least 1 x 30 metres dance floor stretching from the vestibule door down the hallway (double width) ,through the dining room and across the kitchen with a spin at either end to reverse direction. I have a very understanding wife and fortunately a lot of Yorkshire stone flagged floor which is forgiving to wear and tear. Now 'take me away' to the room with the rubber walls !

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Some years ago we had a party for Mrs B's birthday ( we'd just finished having the house renovated).

We had Alan Pollard, Graham Slater, Dave Ferguson and a few others playing some tunes and after a few drinks we all got into the dancing spirit.

Out came the talc for the newly polished wood floor. Needless to say I got a bit of a bollocking at the time but as I said to 'er indoors, we can have it polished again. Just had it done 2 weeks ago. Bloody hell, I'd have kept the talc in the tin if I'd known what it was going to cost!!

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Some things are best kept behind closed doors.

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

I've been called worse than a 'thing'   😉

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Are we now witnessing the "shufflie", middle aged men (or women) taking videos of themselves whilst dancing around their home to a Northern Soul track before posting the result to social media?

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

This came at a time Id got another all clear from a Cancer test and in the abscence of my fantastic wife who saw me through it and more I heard this on  Solar and wanted to send a message. I won't excuse the small kitchen for some shoddy moves but sometimes the moment and the music grips you. Especially this song.. KTF. 

• Up vote 9

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

'Ay Doris did you see the fluff on that carpet ! I'd a made him hoover that lot first'.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, LEN said:

Don't google 'Kitchen Dancing' Len.......Don't google 'Kitchen Dancing' Len......Don't google 'Kitchen Dancing' Len......Don't google 'Kitchen Dancing'.....

You're at it again Chalky! :huh: :D

Too late. ( pun intended) looking through the 3 rd window from the right. Caught in the act . 

Steve 

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, shufflin said:

Go on, do you?

No, but i will say this.

If I put some Northern Soul on the cd player in the kitchen  while my missus is cooking she will NEVER burn the dinner!

Lol..im not being sexist or anything here but it really does work!

I do offer to help when she cooks but she hates me getting in the way as I myself do when it's me doing the cooking.

My missus would also be the first to admit she sometimes gets distracted( like all busy mums claim they do hehe) in between going out to work, running a household, cooking meals, shouting at the kids,drinking wine and gassing to the mother in law on the telephone etc.

(Our dog likes Northern Soul btw, but that's another story altogether...)

There have been isolated incidents of 'lamb surprise' (after a row we all finally agreed it really didn't look like lamb anymore) Pizza-A-La-Charcoal and the occasional 'pie of true remorse'. 

This does not happen when Northern Soul music is played.

Nope..it makes the food taste better! as she'll be stirring stuff properly ..checking the oven is hot enough by opening and closing it in time to the music lol and making everything splendid looking in the process while bopping along!

Disclaimer.

'Getting to into it and chucking some Homepride on the kitchen floor in place of talc is probably not a good idea if hot pans are involved.'

Anyway.. my missus would agree with my comments as its become a bit of a running joke in our house now and so dancing in the kitchen to Northern Soul while cooking is highly recommended and  also helps to contribute towards a healthy and nutritious diet for all the family too!

Edited by Soulsides
  • Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

And you just know your missus is singing sotto voice "I'm gonna bake and cook for you ooohooo" to Tammi Lynn.

Overall I am going to score you 8/10 ,because you really tried to sell this new lifestyle choice with real sincerity, and I do think there may be a low probability that once read we may see Mary Berry in the kitchen as we have never seen her before.

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Practice makes perfect.

When you go to a do and spot some old guy (or Girl) in there 50s or  60s who can dance well ...……..now you know why.

Spent many an hour in my early teens practicing in the kitchen, hallway or my parents bedroom in front of the wardrobe mirror !

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
1 hour ago, PeteSi said:

Practice makes perfect.

When you go to a do and spot some old guy (or Girl) in there 50s or  60s who can dance well ...……..now you know why.

Spent many an hour in my early teens practicing in the kitchen, hallway or my parents bedroom in front of the wardrobe mirror !

Yes but you didn’t get yer 8mm cine camera out and film yerself for all the world to see 😋🤣

• Up vote 5

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Hey look, you're dancing in front of the mirror probably in your Y fronts AND snogging the back of your hand. Would you film it 😉

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Record's that must be played while kitchen dancings I'll start off with these

Double cookin. Checker board squares

Burning sensation Robbie Lawson

My world is on fire Jimmy mack

Toast to the lady Eddie Wilson

Salt and pepper. Esko affair

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
18 hours ago, shufflin said:

Go on, do you?

I enjoy this stuff it's great fun, kitchen is a fav place for me while cooking (this ain't me btw)

:ohmy::(🤮

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
8 hours ago, Coolnotes said:

This came at a time Id got another all clear from a Cancer test and in the abscence of my fantastic wife who saw me through it and more I heard this on  Solar and wanted to send a message. I won't excuse the small kitchen for some shoddy moves but sometimes the moment and the music grips you. Especially this song.. KTF. 

thanks for passing on, sure many will let ya off given that news- even forgive ya the double post 😉

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
4 hours ago, chalky said:

Yes but you didn’t get yer 8mm cine camera out and film yerself for all the world to see 😋🤣

Lol,     Nope …. good point 

I danced for my own enjoyment , and still do today ….if others like it fine , if not well …….

• Up vote 2

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PeteSi said:

Lol,     Nope …. good point 

I danced for my own enjoyment , and still do today ….if others like it fine , if not well …….

And that is what it is all about.  The way I see it once you put up a video like this it is no longer about Rita & The Tiaras, it is about him, or whoever puts up these look at me type videos. I know it is an elitist scene, full of egos but even many of those egos have the music at the forefront, even before themselves. 

I just don’t get these look at me type posts, why the desire to be noticed in an underground scene, why do 5hey feel the need they have to put the scene and themselves in public view when we or most of us got into the music for the opposite reasons, it was underground, it was cool and there were no divs.  Now well, it is just a parody of a once great scene with far too many who are simply more interested in themselves first and the music second. 

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted
2 hours ago, chalky said:

And that is what it is all about.  The way I see it once you put up a video like this it is no longer about Rita & The Tiaras, it is about him, or whoever puts up these look at me type videos. I know it is an elitist scene, full of egos but even many of those egos have the music at the forefront, even before themselves. 

I just don’t get these look at me type posts, why the desire to be noticed in an underground scene, why do 5hey feel the need they have to put the scene and themselves in public view when we or most of us got into the music for the opposite reasons, it was underground, it was cool and there were no divs.  Now well, it is just a parody of a once great scene with far too many who are simply more interested in themselves first and the music second. 

Read the thread before watching the video expecting to see an egotistical but good dancer! 😬🤣

• Up vote 1

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Took this of a mate a while back larking about on the beach. Not quite a kitchen......! 

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted

Yep, living room and hall deffo NOT the kitchen :).

Share this forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)

Do you ?

Edited by ZootSuit
wrong

Share this forum post

soul source url
Guest profile photo