Martin S profile photo

Track ID - Wonderful Piano Based Instrumental

Freebasing Martin S

Posted (edited)

Here's something I discovered last year, I emailed the film company but no response. It contains a wonderful piano based instrumental which I'd like to identify. My feelings are it's on a library LP, but there's a lot of them! The first night I heard it I recall playing it what must have been close to 20 times I was so hooked on it. 0.01-2.02, and 3.05-4.17. Interested to see how many up votes this gets even if the song doesn't get identified. 

Edited by Martin S

Share this source music forum post

soul source url
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Martin S said:

My feelings are it's on a library LP.

After hearing it I'd probably agree with you as that's very typical sounding for a library recording.

I cant identity the track for you unfortunately but it's very much in the style of Brian Bennett,Alan Hawkshaw or even Keith Mansfield who were all  prolific, versatile composers of Library music.

I've got a slew of Library albums on KPM, Bruton, Chappel etc and this is definitely in the style of a late 70s or  early 80s Bruton  composition to my ears as opposed to the more experimental,way out style of the French library compositions of someone like Nino Nardini or Jack Arel. 

My eldest son is something of an authority on Library composers and he's also an avid collector of the music too. 

I'll be meeting him today for some production work we have to finish so I'll play him the track and see if he can possibly identify it for you Martin.

Edited by Soulsides
  • Thanks 1

Share this source music forum post

soul source url

Freebasing - Source Forum

An off the soul beat lifestyle talk forum

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!

Get max use of the forums

Source Adverts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.