Record Wants

Pjf

It doesn't take much to do a reply!! Maybe not as bad, but people who buy and don't bother leaving feedback!

I wish the records on the sales list were as good as the ones on the wants list!

Social source share

40 minutes ago, solidsoul said:

Maybe not as bad, but people who buy and don't bother leaving feedback!

'Guilty as charged' - But if someone asked me to leave feed-back I would. It's just something I've never bothered with, and I don't check on a person's feed-back before I buy. Silly really I suppose, but I'm a trusting person.

As far as people not replying in general, well that is a pet hate of mine. Nowadays, when a person has the info they require, they don't feel the need to reply / acknowledge receipt of such - It's rude, and annoying.

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

think i must have sold 3000 records on here in the last 10 years ........ yet i`m not even on 100 feedback yet... no complaints as yet and no negative is a bonus i suppose.. i think it an option most people just dont use to be honest

52 minutes ago, solidsoul said:

It doesn't take much to do a reply!! Maybe not as bad, but people who buy and don't bother leaving feedback!

I wish the records on the sales list were as good as the ones on the wants list!

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 26/03/2019 at 15:42, solidsoul said:

I always send a message when the record arrives.

I don't leave feedback as I'm not 100% sure how you do it, it's a bit complicated for my pea brain. Can someone explain the concept of leaving feedback? 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 26/03/2019 at 15:42, solidsoul said:

It doesn't take much to do a reply! 

I drop people whatever the subject if they don't reply in any way to a series of valuable and/or time consuming emails, after a polite warning. If they subsequently contact me out of the blue looking for a favour I usually reply telling them "I'm just returning the favour by telling you I can't be bothered to reply, Martin." On a rare occasion I'll be more diplomatic as I was below recently:

For months sent out emails re sports stats and tips, to 8 friends/acquaintances, there was good profit there, rarely any thanks for the emails so no knowledge as to whether anyone reading them and/or placing the bets. Decided to send out a polite message stating if I don't get a response to this email I will be deleting your email address and making no further contact as you have shown no interest in my existence despite politely requesting you to. 2 were best mates with face to face contact regularly so email replies not necessary. None of the other 6 contacted me until out of blue I get an email from one, "Hi Martin, got any tips for the weekend?" Not even a please.

I thought f**k it, you want tips you'll get them. Told him I was betting horses now as well [I wasn't and never have], and to look for these:

"Pier Pressure looks good at Brighton and I'll send you a couple more shortly." He replies immediately, he's going to check it out. I follow up with: "A couple with Ayr in mind for later, in the 2.30 Hoof Hearted, at 2.45 Ice Melted." At 2.00 he emails me, no mention of Brighton, "are the two at Ayr non runners as they're not showing up. Got anything else?" I reply: "Get some f**king manners looks a good bet. Don't contact me ever again." He hasn't.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

On 27/03/2019 at 19:39, Soul-Slider said:

I always send a message when the record arrives.

I don't leave feedback as I'm not 100% sure how you do it, it's a bit complicated for my pea brain. Can someone explain the concept of leaving feedback? 

we do have a fairly extensive faq/help feature that may be of use

it can be found under the 'extra' section in the top menu layer

here's the  'how to leave feedback' entry

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi I am guilty of replying.  I placed a want a couple of weeks ago and had 2 replies.  But in the meantime I got the date for my surgery so I messaged them both to apologise for not wanting the record.  It's only good manners especially as someone took time out to message me 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, JulianB said:

Also,

sold 30+ 45s on ebay recently - very few feedbacks ( I left positive for all the buyers!)

Lazy, ignorant or just plain tossers? I don't know.

'None of the above' - Some (like myself) simply don't leave feed-back. No big deal / or any thought behind not doing so. As said, most would leave feed-back if prompted.

It's just something I've never done (No mischief behind it) :wink:

All the best,

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, JulianB said:

Also, sold 30+ 45s on ebay recently very few feedbacks ( I left pos for all the buyers!) Lazy, ignorant or just plain tossers? I don't know.

I'll tell you what it probably is. I rarely use ebay but had cause to buy something a month ago.

It was nigh on impossible to find the "leave feedback" facility.  It took me over 5 mins to finally locate it but I did it on this occasion.

Last year I failed to leave feedback on several items because of that, including 2 x lawn mowers and a few CD's.

Fact: The ebay site design is so shit that many people can't be bothered to leave feedback and I don't blame them. Some of the most obvious features people need access to are not displayed where they should be.

There's also a danger that whilst leaving feedback you might click on an item which you have no interest in it whatsoever, yet within hours Ebay are emailing you about similar junk they think you might like, such as roof rack for a Massey Ferguson tractor just because you accidentally viewed a Horse Of The Year calendar which gives them reason to suspect you might own a farm and the machinery required in order to maintain it.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

10 hours ago, JulianB said:

Hi Len

If you're happy with the deal and the service what is wrong with leaving positive feedback. Why do you need a prompt?

Just interested.

JB

Hi Julian,

There's nothing at all wrong with leaving feed-back. I've never really thought about it, and of course before the internet it wasn't 'a thing'. 

If I am convinced that it is important, I will leave feed-back from now on in (But I want 5% discount on purchases) :D

All the best,

Social source share

Take some some comfort it’s not confined to just you...or just in the ‘Wants’ section. it’s everywhere- folks who ask for identification of artists from lyrics, info on labels, artists, prices, writers, producers.....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Its annoys me ,happened a few rimes recently and the feedback issue is a strange one as as only a small % of buyers  leave feedback ,have not sold on here long but I think the process itself is a good one -everyone gets a good shot at selling and no rubbish comments on price and that you paid £2 and now its £1000 etc lol. Back in the day it was a major source of fall-outs on here but now seems quite streamline NO system is perfect as proved with Facebook  re wants as it also happens on there quite a bit also. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 12:53, Kenb said:

Take some some comfort it’s not confined to just you...or just in the ‘Wants’ section. it’s everywhere- folks who ask for identification of artists from lyrics, info on labels, artists, prices, writers, producers.....

Someone the other day asking for a valuation, no please, no thankyou, no kiss my arse, nothing. Hope they wait until their dying day!

Social source share

11 hours ago, JulianB said:

Someone the other day asking for a valuation, no please, no thank you, no kiss my arse, nothing. Hope they wait until their dying day!

I have noticed there is a remarkable number of people on here with no manners in the wants section who post "demands" that normally end in "PM me," with no please or thanks. Considering the records they seek are usually well in excess of 30 years old, common decency suggests spending a few extra seconds on a polite request to be no hardship.

Edited by Guest
Social source share

13 hours ago, Martin S said:

I have noticed there is a remarkable number of people on here with no manners in the wants section who post "demands" that normally end in "PM me," with no please or thanks. Considering the records they seek are usually well in excess of 30 years old, common decency suggests spending a few extra seconds on a polite request to be no hardship.

I agree.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/04/2019 at 22:25, Martin S said:

I also agree. But to be fair, not everyone is articulate, so how their written words come across don't necessarily reflect exactly how they are saying it.

(If that makes sense) 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 22:25, Martin S said:

I agree, it takes an extra 2 seconds to type a "please" or "thanks". The tone of some of the wants and sales posts come across very badly. Instead of putting "no offers",  what about "no offers please" or maybe "I'm not considering offers thanks".

Just a bit of common civility wouldn't go amiss.

Social source share

Agree!!!!....you can keep mentioning these comments until you're blue in the face but certain individuals still post 'wants' with not a please or thank you....I just ignore such 'ignorant demands' even having the appropriate record(s) for sale. In some cases a spell check wouldn't go amiss, either!! 

Social source share

37 minutes ago, Okehsoul1952 said:

I just ignore such 'ignorant demands' even having the appropriate record(s) for sale

I do this as well. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!