Joe Simon ‎– Message From Maria / I Worry About You (Blocked)

Hi,

Label:
Sound Stage 7 ‎– SS7-2617
Format:
Vinyl, 45 RPM, 7"

Does anyone know why this is blocked for sale on Discogs?

The message says "This release has been blocked from sale in the marketplace. It is not permitted to sell this item on Discogs."

I have seen it for sale here a few times and I have the SS7-2617 in both regular and promo editions.

Cheers,

Rhys

Social source share

Guest Shufflin

the SS7-2617 record isn't listed in JM's guide for Joe Simon releases, which might not mean anything

after SS7 2608 the next JS one listed is 2622, not 2617

again might not mean anything

Social source share

Simple, there clearly is an issue with licensing and all the releases have been blocked

"Release has been blocked from the Marketplace as a result of a legal notice received by Discogs asserting that a track on the release was not licensed by the rights holder. Ref. #384123."

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Updated
Social source share

Guest Shufflin
3 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

all the releases have been blocked

the US ones yes not the others, sorry to be a pedant

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

Guest Shufflin

what is new to me is that licensing issues can stop re-sale of used records that had a legit release years earlier

Edited by Shufflin
Social source share

52 minutes ago, chalky said:

You will find everything with Al Reed involved is blocked. She is deluded. 

It's very annoying and I guess if they have received a Lawyers letter, then that's enough mate, remember that we are not allowed on Soul Source to suggest anything about bootleggers, name names or do anything that might cause the site or us to be sued......it's a sad old world I'm afraid

Social source share

9 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

It's very annoying and I guess if they have received a Lawyers letter, then that's enough mate, remember that we are not allowed on Soul Source to suggest anything about bootleggers, name names or do anything that might cause the site or us to be sued......it's a sad old world I'm afraid

It isn’t enough though and would easily be challenged. There are no royalties or any monies due from the sale of second hand records.  There are no licensing issues.  Neither is this an issue about bootlegging.  She has had everything her fathers name is attached to blocked  

I don’t know who is advising her but they are clearly wrong.  Sounds to be she is simply giving the instructions and the lawyers are just following them. 

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, the yank said:

I think you're right Chalky because David Ruffins's first album is also blocked - 

dr-c.jpg

dr-l.jpg

Clearly she or her fathers estate have no legal claims to a product of which the rights are owned by Universal, its crazy and I can’t believe discogs just bow down to her. 

Edited by chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, chalky said:

Clearly she or her fathers estate have no legal claims to a product of which the rights are owned by Universal, its crazy and I can’t believe discogs just bow down to her. 

Yeah, well nasty senile people do have "rights" also. Even with the "services" of crook lawyers... Better Call Saul... Discogs must have had unpleasant adventures the last few years when they started to "delete" many entrees of which plenty where indeed "illegal" releases. That without explanation.

Likely, with the Majors Glutton Record Companies exercising their politically correct (that of which I claim not to be nor belonging to) rights in copyright ownership on intellectual and artistry matters, Discogs must have had their tree shaken. Hence where their lack of balls might come from.

Edited by tlscapital
Social source share

1 hour ago, tlscapital said:

Yeah, well nasty senile people do have "rights" also. Even with the "services" of crook lawyers... Better Call Saul... Discogs must have had unpleasant adventures the last few years when they started to "delete" many entrees of which plenty where indeed "illegal" releases. That without explanation.

Likely, with the Majors Glutton Record Companies exercising their politically correct (that of which I claim not to be nor belonging to) rights in copyright ownership on intellectual and artistry matters, Discogs must have had their tree shaken. Hence where their lack of balls might come from.

But this isn’t from a major but an individual? Surely, even the dumbest can see there are no licensing issues, they are second hand. Surely they must ask for proof of ownership etc?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!